• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA releases the Gen2 PA10

PSAPA10

Definitely no sarcasm allowed here. Anyway another 100 rounds thru a PSA. After sighting in the scope, that took about 10 rounds, this was my 5 round bunch at 100 yds. Used Hirtenberger 7.62 and a 3" target. IMG_5519.thumb.JPG.64637a156d6ca808c3630e84d7115d4e.JPGHave great respect for real long range shooters. The crosshairs moved with my pulse. After that I banged away with iron sights. 

Edited by The Father

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Re-arranged the mounts to forum specs. I thought I had some top grade 308 in ammo cans but all I had was the Hirtenberger and Winchester 7.62. Shooting with glasses or no glasses with a scope is a crap shoot. Finally used glasses since most of my shades were scratched. Getting the proper relief on scope with glasses wasn't always easy.

Edited by The Father

Just now, The Father said:

Yes, Re-arranged the mounts to forum specs.

Doesn't have anything to do with us, man... 

You'll be surprised with some better ammo, it'll shoot well.  Mil-spec ammo is designed for anything between 2 and 4 MOA, usually the higher end of that. 

Nice shooting for surplus Father, thanks for the report. Glad it is working out for you. When it comes to rifles, the only opinion that really counts is the person who owns and shoots it. But PSA previously had some really bad reports, and these guys had tried to help the owners figure out what was going on. Check them out in the archives. That's why some skepticism about PSA. If PSA is learning from those mistakes, more power to them.:thumbup:

3 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

.Nice looking rig. Give it a few hundred rounds to break in, and try some Federal Gold Medal Match 168 or 175 BTHPs.

He's already fired 1,500 rounds through it with irons - it's broken in.  :thumbup:

New PA10 owner here as I could not resist their $399.99 18"SS gen2 upper with BCG/CH combined with $199.99 gen 2 blemished classic lower deal. Both with free shipping. $599.98 for a 7.62x51/.308 AR10 style rifle? Too good to be true? I've been on the lookout for an Adams Arms one based on the AR15 of theirs I have but their AR10 platform seems to be less than stellar. Even though they are local.

My PSA AR15 runs very well so I figured to take a chance on their AR10 at the above price. However, after reading the thread, I'm just a slight bit worried. Luckily all I should have to do is put the upper and lower together and both are all PSA parts and put together by PSA. Lets hope she's a shooter and not a paperweight...

I've already learned how not to mount a scope so that is a good start. :-)

9 minutes ago, BOFH said:

New PA10 owner here as I could not resist their $399.99 18"SS gen2 upper with BCG/CH combined with $199.99 gen 2 blemished classic lower deal. Both with free shipping. $599.98 for a 7.62x51/.308 AR10 style rifle? Too good to be true? I've been on the lookout for an Adams Arms one based on the AR15 of theirs I have but their AR10 platform seems to be less than stellar. Even though they are local.

My PSA AR15 runs very well so I figured to take a chance on their AR10 at the above price. However, after reading the thread, I'm just a slight bit worried. Luckily all I should have to do is put the upper and lower together and both are all PSA parts and put together by PSA. Lets hope she's a shooter and not a paperweight...

I've already learned how not to mount a scope so that is a good start. :-)

It'll be fine, and if not, we'll help you get it all ironed out. Welcome to the forums!

54 minutes ago, The Father said:

Damn, AR15 and AR 308/7.62 pricing really getting distressed out there from the lower and mid- priced companies. But that is good.

$600 for a 7.62 lower and upper? Stainless barrel and free float handguard? That is amazing. My stable is full otherwise I would be tempted.

22 hours ago, Sisco said:

$600 for a 7.62 lower and upper? Stainless barrel and free float handguard? That is amazing. My stable is full otherwise I would be tempted.

I could not resist that deal unfortunately. :-) It was a toss up between this one and the Ruger 308 Precision rifle going below $1K again but that did not seem to be happening and then this one cropped up and I just had to have it.

Thanks for all the offers of encouragement. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Now if only I had $3.500 to spend I would have gone for the below beauty. My FFL had that one last week when I picked up a Shield 45...

Spike1.jpg

Spike2.jpg

Edited by BOFH

Black hog down, one in the box, one in the bush or swamp. Twin to this one i got with my SS upper back in march. this one I used my newer PSA10 18" FN CHF chrome lined with just got yesterday Billit lower W/Magpul+ grips. 308 Privi SP 150 Gr 118 yards to the ear dropped in the path, other one didn't slow enough to find. Aim sport  3-12X50 FFP ontop a Aero 30mm 2" offset cantilever mount. Cheap scope but doesn't act like one...  PS these things are taking over!

IMGA0035.JPG

IMGA0047.JPG

On 4/26/2017 at 10:13 PM, 98Z5V said:

I told you guys this shiit was gonna happen.  I told you...

It's not mine. It's one my FFL is raffling off. That's a 'custom' cerakote paint job on a Spike's Dead Jack combo with NiB BCG, custom trigger etc. Not gonna happen to my gen2.she's gonna stay factory black.

Edited by BOFH