• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Daddy, let's go play in the snow!!!!

Matt.Cross

6 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

What's the details on the rifle and scope?

Rifle is built on a (now discontinued) Mega MA-TEN MTS-4400 monolithic rifle length receiver. Ops Inc 12th Model .30 cal suppressor and accompanying brake @ the muzzle, Fulton Armory mid-weight 18.5" stainless barrel and matched bolt, Magpul furniture, Chrome Silicone flat wound operating spring, DPMS LR308 buffer, PACT (ATC) SR Gold trigger, and SI Defense 416 SS serrated BCG w/ Nickel Boron plating. SWFA one piece 30mm scope mount topped off with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP optic w/ EBR-1 reticle.

It's a very sweet rifle, surprising performer at distance. Tom and Mike and Dirk have watched consistent hits with a very hot barrel at intermediate long distances (~650 yds).

The most awesome aspect for me is how quiet it is suppressed, even with supersonic ammo.

Edit: I forgot about my awesome BAD-ASS safety selector from Roger. I put it on in AZ, and it really lives up to its name.

5 minutes ago, sketch said:

Dam man thats my scope... still waiting for mine! Very nice build. How do you like the ebr -1? You added a sun shade? Does it effect your feild of view? I love how quiet they get with sonic rnds. What if any, drop do you see with the can? 

I love the EBR-1, the MOA is becoming a bit dated for ranging but the math is easier for me personally, so that's what I use. The sun shade actually comes with the scope, but it's easy enough to acquire and add spares too if you need them. Sunshade doesn't affect FOV at all. I'll be finding some Butler Creek flip up covers next for it.

Concerning the can, there's no discernable POI change between mounted and unmounted, at least concerning windage. You lose some velocity without the can, so at distance your elevation is subject to shift, but I haven't shot at significant distance enough to make a comparison.

Thanks matt going moa also. Forgot the shade should be included. Cant wait to shoot with that scope on the RPR! Local range is 200 yds but i know of some hills that i might range 1200 hahaha that will be the day! Nice bang stick bro daddy done good!!

5 minutes ago, sketch said:

Thanks matt going moa also. Forgot the shade should be included. Cant wait to shoot with that scope on the RPR! Local range is 200 yds but i know of some hills that i might range 1200 hahaha that will be the day! Nice bang stick bro daddy done good!!

Thanks brother! I got to shoot out to ~660 with Tom and Dirk, and the Vortex made it child's play. We didn't get around to shooting any farther than that at the time but I was shooting that distance at 6-8 power magnification. I felt like stretching it out to 1k wouldn't have been at all difficult with so much more magnification available.