• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA 308 PA10 Stainless Upper

Zombie Thumper

I bought a stripped PSA 308 Lower about a year or so ago and at the time used my R25 (DPMS 308) Upper to complete the Rifle because at the time all PSA 308 Uppers were sold out..Everything shot fine.. About 6 months ago I bought a PSA 308 Stainless Rifle Kit with A2 frt site on sale for $599..I have at least 5 AR308's and all are extremely accurate.. I thought the $599 price was to good to be true and it was .. The groups were like 6 inches at a 100 yards with a Leupold Scope and Areo Scope Mount and 3Lb trigger pull, sand bags.. So I returned the Upper to be repaired and when they returned it they provided a signed letter stating they had installed a new Stainless Barrel.. Well, same thing.. Rifle shot terrible so I returned the PSA 308 Rifle Kit and got my money back.. My question is: I see smokin deals from PSA for 308 Uppers now all the time, they have a Stainless 308 Flat Top on there now for $469.. should I give up on the PSA 308 Upper and just use another brand to complete the Rifle ?

4 minutes ago, Zombie Thumper said:

Ok, I would like to find a DPMS 308 Pattern Upper that is lite enough to allow me to use it for hunting..

Many of people here really like faxon and criterion barrels among some other manufactures, my advice wait till Labor Day weekend and wait for a sale, I know faxon had one last year.

also welcome from Wisconsin 

You could buy a stripped PA10 upper, quality barrel, and bolt. I do find that the PA10 receivers are much lighter than most. 

I just installed a Faxon 16" in my PA10 today. My rifle weighs 7lb 15oz empty, no optics. Optics and mount add another lb. 

20170818_143319.thumb.jpg.98f1f171486f0157d8e48e54ef91e297.jpg

Edited by Boot_Scraper

1 minute ago, Zombie Thumper said:

Thanks for the welcome.. Its only since the Election and the big slow down in sales that I can find anything decent.. Finally the quality AR parts are available again

I know what you mean. I saw some 22lr and 22WMR at the store the other day. I got all choked up. ?

7 minutes ago, Zombie Thumper said:

Well then I will go ahead and buy another PSA 308 Upper to match my Lower and if it doesn't shoot the one inch groups I'm used to then I will get the Faxon 16".. thanks

I bought the nitride version and it did very well with my handloads. 20170802_190328.thumb.jpg.3875f325da936ff9ae37c7cffd3e2895.jpg

Factory Federal 165 fusions would do 1.3 moa at best. 

But Faxon is having a great sale and I couldn't talk myself out of a 16". I have yet to shoot it though. You should check em out. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper

Howdy from the Texas side of the borders.  By the way, I have an Aero M5 upper with a Faxon 18" barrel on an 80% lower that is about 9 lbs. with scope and a 5 round magazine that I use for hunting full of handloads.  It shoots sub-MOA off a bag, limited only by me.

Thanks for the Welcome.. I was here 3 or 4 years ago with my personal account under Zombie Tested and 9825V helped me troubleshoot some issues with the Giessele Trigger on my new RRA Predator 308.. This account is our Business ..So I'm not really new, I just didnt spend alot time here .. But I send our customers here with there questions about 308  compatibility ... We do have parts for alot of the different 308 manufactures.. Mostly Extended Pivot and TDP for LR308, Armalite 308, Sig 716, PSA 308, MP10, Aero 308 Pattern, RRA 308 and AR-15.. I have a G2 but haven't made Extended TDP's yet, they will be ready in about a month..

15 hours ago, EngrBob said:

Howdy from the Texas side of the borders.  By the way, I have an Aero M5 upper with a Faxon 18" barrel on an 80% lower that is about 9 lbs. with scope and a 5 round magazine that I use for hunting full of handloads.  It shoots sub-MOA off a bag, limited only by me.

I do have the Aero 308 Lower so that my 1st thought when I shopped recently for an Upper for the PSA 308.. If there are any unsightly gaps then I'll just leave the Aero Upper on the Aero Lower.. Weight is definitely a big consideration (after accuracy)..  

On 8/19/2017 at 10:42 AM, Zombie Thumper said:

Thanks for the Welcome.. I was here 3 or 4 years ago with my personal account under Zombie Tested and 9825V helped me troubleshoot some issues with the Giessele Trigger on my new RRA Predator 308.. This account is our Business ..So I'm not really new, I just didnt spend alot time here ..

WOW!!!   Holy flashback, man!!!  Welcome BACK aboard!   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V