• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

I thank you , and I appreciate all of you I really do and It would be fun for me to watch you all bleed a little from the rock LOL it is a learning process but I bet the guys here would take to it fast just the nature of the beasts that live here ...I would love to make this happen for you guys.....I will start a thread in the other one and we can work out the logistics...

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloud Catcher Milkshake by Odell Brewing of Colorado. Had a melon fruit aroma. Taste starts with a good blast of hops bitter but then a fades to a milkshake with berries flavor in the middle, Sweetness fades to a tasty lemon hop fruity taste. This is pretty good stuff for the money! 6.8 on the ABV….for those that care.

IMG_1233.thumb.jpg.7db64ebcb77509ef1be8c5790af4760d.jpg

Liquid Truth Serum IPA by Dogfish Head.  Aroma is a subdued maltiness and a touch of citrusy fruit. Very deep layered flavors, bitter citrus pith, malty biscuit, some pineapple and peach in the middle with that pith dry bitter lingering at the end. More of a classic beer flavor with a little boost on the hops, very drinkable.

IMG_1241.thumb.jpg.8951e0f935219d6fade18d5bd6a0e662.jpg

Double Dry Hopped Galactica Double IPA from Clown Shoes in Massachusetts. Smells piney and bready. Has a mild pine flavor followed by a citrus and fresh grass notes. There is a toffee like malt sweetness all through the middle and then that pithy, evergreen dry at the end. Gets a little sweeter and fruitier when it starts to warm up a bit.

IMG_1255.thumb.jpg.751b767b81c85d7ad8bcd03b8477f9d7.jpg

@sheppHere is one that helps with the alcohol level!

Even More Coco Jesus, Imperial Stout from Evil Twin Brewing in Connecticut. Has a sweet chocolaty, smoky, dried fruit aroma. Flavors abound, up front with some bitter is a toasted coconut and molasses flavor but it keeps rolling with smoky dried fruit flavors, lots of sweet sugary flavors but some bite from the hops and the smoke balance it out, has that barrel aged booze flavor as well. The sweetness and the syrup feel come on as it warms.  A very well done stout, fuk'n ambrosia!

IMG_1253.thumb.jpg.fd80ac973d7fb39ad3f8e8a8c2e5c053.jpg

38 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

@sheppHere is one that helps with the alcohol level!

Even More Coco Jesus, Imperial Stout from Evil Twin Brewing in Connecticut. Has a sweet chocolaty, smoky, dried fruit aroma. Flavors abound, up front with some bitter is a toasted coconut and molasses flavor but it keeps rolling with smoky dried fruit flavors, lots of sweet sugary flavors but some bite from the hops and the smoke balance it out, has that barrel aged booze flavor as well. The sweetness and the syrup feel come on as it warms.  A very well done stout, fuk'n ambrosia!

IMG_1253.thumb.jpg.fd80ac973d7fb39ad3f8e8a8c2e5c053.jpg

I tied a good one on last night lol, tonight is stout night. 

Biscotti is really good from them one of my favs

they did one called bozo beer, 17% didn’t drink like it but holy shit was it a kick in the pants

On 2/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, shepp said:

Biscotti is really good from them one of my favs

Hell yes! All kinds of flavors, lots of almond/vanilla and bready stuff. Good sweet toffee maybe black licorice? Touch of smoke and that boozy flavor in the background, enough ABV to give your tummy that warm feeling. :thumbup:

IMG_1275.thumb.jpg.99659eb53bb532b78ac648d3567e52e5.jpg

Double Toasted Marshmallow from Decadent Ales, brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass . Yep, toasted marshmallow on the nose and in the taste, odd as hell but the up front marshmallow taste is of the fresh out of the bag flavor while the lingering taste in the end is of the toasted on a stick over the fire flavor. There is plenty of sweet but a bit of hops citrus flavor to lighten it up some. The vanilla is there start to finish like the sweetness, both come up as the beer warms. These guys are some mad scientists of flavor, using schit like turbinado, muscovado, and coconut sugars, stupid money for a stupid sounding beer, well call me stupid cause I'll buy it again if I see it!

IMG_1265.thumb.jpg.beaeb6e4b80392baaa226ea5f906199f.jpg

23 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Double Toasted Marshmallow from Decadent Ales, brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass . Yep, toasted marshmallow on the nose and in the taste, odd as hell but the up front marshmallow taste is of the fresh out of the bag flavor while the lingering taste in the end is of the toasted on a stick over the fire flavor. There is plenty of sweet but a bit of hops citrus flavor to lighten it up some. The vanilla is there start to finish like the sweetness, both come up as the beer warms. These guys are some mad scientists of flavor, using schit like turbinado, muscovado, and coconut sugars, stupid money for a stupid sounding beer, well call me stupid cause I'll buy it again if I see it!

IMG_1265.thumb.jpg.beaeb6e4b80392baaa226ea5f906199f.jpg

They make some crazy shit!

Well fukk me runnin'!!! I CAN'T DRINK BEER! Had an endoscopy in December and went back to the Doc in early January. Seems I have esophageal erosion and got told no more beer until it's healed up. Apparently I CAN drink my Irish whiskey though, guess it's got something to do with the carbonation in the beer. I also had to give up spicy schit to, like SALSA!

My wife started on the keto diet and since my diet has been turned upside down I told her I would diet with her so meals won't be as complicated. I also started hitting the gym regularly. In the last month I've dropped 20 pounds! She has only dropped like 4 pounds and is pissed at me!:lmao:

Damn I miss beer!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Well fukk me runnin'!!! I CAN'T DRINK BEER! Had an endoscopy in December and went back to the Doc in early January. Seems I have esophageal erosion and got told no more beer until it's healed up. Apparently I CAN drink my Irish whiskey though, guess it's got something to do with the carbonation in the beer. I also had to give up spicy schit to, like SALSA!

My wife started on the keto diet and since my diet has been turned upside down I told her I would diet with her so meals won't be as complicated. I also started hitting the gym regularly. In the last month I've dropped 20 pounds! She has only dropped like 4 pounds and is pissed at me!:lmao:

I’d rather die lol

btw that Brussels sprout recipe i posted in favorite recipes is keto 

Just found this thread. Beer! how can someone not enjoy a good beer?

The number of different micro brews is just amazing, and we should be thankful for all the creativity in the industry.
I have one personal favorite, but it's not anything new or fancy, been around probably longer than anything else, but definitely hits the spot on a hot Florida summer day.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier - yeah it's german, let's ignore that for now, this stuff is amazingly smooth, with a clean taste. notes of bread, banana and citrus. A good wheat beer is something to truly enjoy.

and, something hailing from my home state, I wouldn't recommend this for daily use, but if you're looking to get your brains caved it, it will handle that duty well.

Orange Blossom Pilsner squared

obp2-e1450052666188.png

csm_hefeweissbier_inkl_033l_US_4ca1aee3d0.png

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, jtallen83 said:

On tap at the Towson Sheraton, Snake Dog IPA from Flying Dog Brewery in  Maryland. It reminds me of Miller High Life. A little weak and malty. Guess I am in @Rsquared backyard  :laffs:

ED99EAFB-6D6F-49AA-A4D3-039C21FCD3D4.thumb.jpeg.c7fb317e115cd91200a0e4e669a060af.jpeg

The champagne of beers?

I'm not exactly near Towson, but then again, Maryland isn't a big state.

You shoulda said that you were local. I woulda taken the ride to Towson to meet and have a beer (or two) with you. Ya bastard.

22 hours ago, 392heminut said:

That sounds like a living hell brother. No beer, and to add the kicker, no salsa. Guess you're gonna get used to eating kale and other stuff Rob would eat. :lmao:

1 minute ago, Rsquared said:

You shoulda said that you were local. I woulda taken the ride to Towson to meet and have a beer (or two) with you. Ya bastard.

The schedule is pretty tight until tomorrow night and I couldn't ask anyone to drive in this traffic unless it's an emergency, fuk'n nightmare just getting across the street! Be at the Sheraton Baltimore North till early Friday morning, looks like Sterling VA. for next years "seminar".

Drinking a Double Duckpin from Union Craft Brewing Baltimore Maryland. Old school IPA with a citrusy aroma. Taste is very malty with Piney dankness from the hops. Smooth drinking with no real bitter at the end. 

IMG_1278.thumb.jpg.fb86f7877f3d2fef77acbe3b813081d5.jpg