• Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

The schedule is pretty tight until tomorrow night and I couldn't ask anyone to drive in this traffic unless it's an emergency, fuk'n nightmare just getting across the street! Be at the Sheraton Baltimore North till early Friday morning, looks like Sterling VA. for next years "seminar".

Drinking a Double Duckpin from Union Craft Brewing Baltimore Maryland. Old school IPA with a citrusy aroma. Taste is very malty with Piney dankness from the hops. Smooth drinking with no real bitter at the end. 

IMG_1278.thumb.jpg.fb86f7877f3d2fef77acbe3b813081d5.jpg

Timing is everything my brother. As it so happens, I'm tied up (as we speak) taking my 80 year old parents up to Hopkins, since that's obviously the only place that you can go (said sarcastically). That being said, that ties me up all evening too since they stay at my place while they're in the area.

More east coast brew, Mango Cream Pop  DIPA from Decadent Ales, brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass. They nailed the mango cream pop! I smell a little sweet vanilla and citrus. The creamy mango is right up front, sweet tropical fruit flavors abound. The sugar level is high but so is the level of hops so it balances out fine. The mango/cream sickle flavor comes on even stronger as the beer warms. I want to chug it down but just take small sips to savor more flavor, fuk'n outstanding!

IMG_1287.thumb.jpg.f97f640ffe2f925745446635037ae9fa.jpg

38 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Looking forward to that, one hell of a reputation to live up to! 

Tough to say. I think that Treehouse in general has set the bar very high on all their beer. It’s good. I personally like Treat. You’re getting one. Julius was the beginning. King Julius is the one at the top and I’ve never had one. 

7 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Had to trade for some limited release today. BBBBrightttt and Aaalter Egooo. Excellent the both of them. Got 1(!) can of curiousity 60. Also several uncommon IPAs and two new stouts

Watch a guy on youtube that just did a review on the BBBBrightttt, said it was outstanding. 

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I found a six pack of Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale.  I like it and will get more if I can continue to get it but think I remember Kilt Lifter being better.

IMG_20190312_181410.thumb.jpg.c815c4bc761a79c2f8bcb8dd8304152c.jpg

Founders makes good shit, I know you like whiskey, if you see backwoods bastard give it a try, if not I’ll send you some

6 minutes ago, shepp said:

Founders makes good poop, I know you like whiskey, if you see backwoods bastard give it a try, if not I’ll send you some

I've heard you talk about it.  That's part of why I bought it.  I was surprised to see it in the out of the way town I live in.  I will keep a look out for it.  If I get to the city (shudder), I'll look for it there.  It sounds good.  There is a bourbon barrel ale available here that I get occasionally.

21 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I've heard you talk about it.  That's part of why I bought it.  I was surprised to see it in the out of the way town I live in.  I will keep a look out for it.  If I get to the city (shudder), I'll look for it there.  It sounds good.  There is a bourbon barrel ale available here that I get occasionally.

I’ll send you a 4 pack down, founders is kinda the Miller of craft beer but they make good stuff 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Thanks, I would enjoy it.  I never should have gotten Susan to like good beer though.

Nah. She probably enjoys them.......as she's riding her new 4 wheeler, like the one she test drove at the fall shoot last year. :laffs:

Sosus Double IPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Fruity aroma with a hint of malt. Tasty tropical fruit flavors, pineapple, citrus, mango and such. The malt is there but just a mild bready note, a little sweet. There is a spicy flavor there as well, almost a peppery bite but not supper strong. Not as thick as it looks, goes down super easy, dangerously easy.

123568324_IMG_1314(2).thumb.jpg.67e8756905c4a4e2b905568a37ce10ca.jpg

word is all beer is going cans.. I had to ask my lbs where my irish friends hide the bottled good brew.  cans make snowflakes happy, but the terms are most beers are brewed in cans and kegs on tap. so I agree and we all have a beer mug in the freezer!  kilt lifter cans it is! ?

@edgecrusher Sucked that Julius down when I got home Friday night after dodging road closures from flooding for hours. Didn't take my usual notes while drinking it but suffice it to say it did not disappoint, hazy goodness and so easy to drink. Can't than you enough for the opportunity to to sample these, hope the TG offerings are to your liking. 

Snow from Tree House Brewing in Massachusetts. I figured Snow was a good one to empty today with all the snow melt around here. The head on this beer replicates that fine wind blown snow look and like the drifts outside it melted quick. Light aroma, really fresh tropical smell, citrusy. Has a real mild, smooth tropical fruit flavor then dives into the citrus bitter and a grassy, peppery bite. For me a nice sipper with all the concentrated hop flavor. It got a little sweeter and richer tasting as it warmed. Just a fantastic beer, a unique drink.

IMG_1321.thumb.jpg.d62aa89f22d4e0879f15c186181fab50.jpg