In production...

Robocop1051

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

What Calibers or just 308 ?

Right now I have requests for 300Blk, .223, .308 and .338LM. I plan on adding 762x39 soon.

There are was one small outside push for 6.5cr, but then they saw the .338lm and the forget about their baby bullet. 

I would really like to make my big rifle in .300wm too. Time (and $$) will tell. 

8 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Right now I have requests for 300Blk, .223, .308 and .338LM. I plan on adding 762x39 soon.

There are was one small outside push for 6.5cr, but then they saw the .338lm and the forget about their baby bullet. 

I would really like to make my big rifle in .300wm too. Time (and $$) will tell. 

How about 30'06 ? ?

4 hours ago, COBrien said:

Any chance of an 80% .308?

There is a metric-shit-ton of paperwork to get an ATF letter of approval for an 80%. I honestly don't see a financial return in the amount of work that'd be required. To make up for the expense of extra time getting authorization and clearance, based on the small amount of projected sales, I'd have to significantly increase the price

32 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

How about 30'06 ? ?

I was debated about this... but it would require yet ANOTHER frame size (as well as bolt and barrel extension)... Ugh!

• 7075 T-6 Billet Aluminum
  • Type III Hardcoat Anodize
  • Cerakote Ceramic Coating
  • Integrated Ambidextrous Magazine Release
  • Integrated Ambidextrous Bolt HOLD
  • Integrated Ambidextrous Bolt RELEASE
  • Ambidextrous Safety Selector
    • I have my own design, but I might outsource this to cut down on my machine time. There are a lot of good quality, affordable, options out there.
  • Integrated Ambidextrous Anti-Rotation Q.D. mounts 
    • Replaceable Q.D. cups... NOBODY offers this ability!
  • Flared Magwell

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

There is a metric-poop-ton of paperwork to get an ATF letter of approval for an 80%. I honestly don't see a financial return in the amount of work that'd be required. To make up for the expense of extra time getting authorization and clearance, based on the small amount of projected sales, I'd have to significantly increase the price

why the bs for a paper weight?  i understand the tooling and programming but i "can" order parts for a flashlight and it would be a quieter flashlight. or its the way of the land?

40 minutes ago, sketch said:

why the bs for a paper weight?  i understand the tooling and programming but i "can" order parts for a flashlight and it would be a quieter flashlight. or its the way of the land?

Because you don’t want to sell a bunch of them, all over the country, only to have the ATF come back at you several months later and say the receivers were never “approved” and theyre 81% finished by their standards… Thus an unserialized firearm. 

6 hours ago, survivalshop said:

How about 30'06 ? ?

5 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I was debated about this... but it would require yet ANOTHER frame size (as well as bolt and barrel extension)... Ugh!

You just need a longer magazine and a chamber reamer.  The bases on both those are the same.  No different bolt, no different barrel extension - they headspace the same.

7.62x51 vs. 7.62x63.

30-06 is 7.62x63, and .308 Win is 7.62x51, which is a shortened 7.62x63.  :thumbup:

Buffer length will be a challenge.  The buffer will have to be shorter, to allow that 308 BCG to travel further rearward, with the longer case length. Then, you get into receiver extension length...

Shiit, RRA did it, with their standard receiver extensions, short buffers, and longer BCGs...  

Edited by 98Z5V

47 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Because you don’t want to sell a bunch of them, all over the country, only to have the ATF come back at you several months later and say the receivers were never “approved” and theyre 81% finished by their standards… Thus an unserialized firearm. 

poopoo on them!

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

At least they would explain this in a nice letter to your shop. 

Spelled out someehre in the warrant they were holding when they blew open your door and temporarily confiscated everything you own....which sounds vaguely  familiar for some reason.  

And just to make sure none of us jumped on your side in support, they'd smear your good name and while the news cameras were there they would make sure they got close ups of cases of Hillary campaign yard signs being carried away from your shop. Maybe even an Obama sticker on the bumper of your company Prius....

I cant afford to shoot them there 338LM , not many Hunt with it , but the 30'06  ( or 300 WM ) would make a great Hunting rifle , not that the 308 is not , just some like a little more power/range . I load for quite a few who use BAR's in 30'06 for Hunting . Its not always about Tactical , even though you are shooting for Military contracts .

If I could get a Upper& Lower that were large enough to handle the 30'06/300WM , I would build a rifle in one or both of those Calibers . RRA did it , but were on the high $$ side , its why they didn't fly .?

19 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

There is a metric-poop-ton of paperwork to get an ATF letter of approval for an 80%. I honestly don't see a financial return in the amount of work that'd be required. To make up for the expense of extra time getting authorization and clearance, based on the small amount of projected sales, I'd have to significantly increase the price

Understood, I was unaware of the complications on the manufacturer's end.

Edited by COBrien

On 9/11/2018 at 8:01 AM, ARTrooper said:

you silly guys and your 30'06, still living off the glory days of the M1 Garand. I'll admit it's a good round with plenty of bullets or factory loads to choose from, but give me 280 rem any day.

You can have it , your a grown up & can have what ever you want .?

On 9/11/2018 at 3:37 AM, survivalshop said:

I cant afford to shoot them there 338LM

Hey brother, reloading those things isn't bad at all. 

I was about $40 for a box of 100 projectiles (Hornady 225 SSTs), the large rifle magnum primers was $4 per 100, and the pound of RL22 was $32.

I loaded 76 of them on a pound (90.0 gr per).  That made them very realistic to shoot.  Factory ammo, the damn gun is chambered for $6 bills...  :laffs:

40c per projectile, 4c per primer, 42c each in powder, at that price.  I was into those things for 86 cents each, already having the brass.   :thumbup:

On 9/11/2018 at 3:37 AM, survivalshop said:

I cant afford to shoot them there 338LM ,

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

40c per projectile, 4c per primer, 42c each in powder, at that price.  I was into those things for 86 cents each, already having the brass.   :thumbup:

I buy PRVI and S&B for about $2.10-$$2.50 each. If I reloaded, with Toms math, that price would drop to about $1.00-$1.40 each (assuming the brass can be reloaded at least  twice. 

I didn't say you'all couldn't afford to shoot it , I said I couldn't ?    Your math is not including the price of a rifle to even shoot that fodder . The last retail price of 338LM I had in my hands was $ 106 for 20, that was the label on the Box it was a few years ago , $ 40 for a box of 20 , is quite a change .

Note , i just checked prices of 338 LM ammo , looks like an avg. of $ 2.60 a round , I really cant afford it , that why I never purchased that M2 .50 back when i was an title two dealer & it was only a $ 1 a round back then .?

Edited by survivalshop

On 9/10/2018 at 3:27 PM, survivalshop said:

How about 30'06 ? ?

What he said

On 9/10/2018 at 9:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

You just need a longer magazine and a chamber reamer.  The bases on both those are the same.  No different bolt, no different barrel extension - they headspace the same.

7.62x51 vs. 7.62x63.

30-06 is 7.62x63, and .308 Win is 7.62x51, which is a shortened 7.62x63.  :thumbup:

Buffer length will be a challenge.  The buffer will have to be shorter, to allow that 308 BCG to travel further rearward, with the longer case length. Then, you get into receiver extension length...

Shiit, RRA did it, with their standard receiver extensions, short buffers, and longer BCGs...  

What he said

On 9/11/2018 at 5:37 AM, survivalshop said:

I cant afford to shoot them there 338LM , not many Hunt with it , but the 30'06  ( or 300 WM ) would make a great Hunting rifle , not that the 308 is not , just some like a little more power/range . I load for quite a few who use BAR's in 30'06 for Hunting . Its not always about Tactical , even though you are shooting for Military contracts .

If I could get a Upper& Lower that were large enough to handle the 30'06/300WM , I would build a rifle in one or both of those Calibers . RRA did it , but were on the high $$ side , its why they didn't fly .?

YES!!!!! 

On 9/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, ARTrooper said:

you silly guys and your 30'06, still living off the glory days of the M1 Garand. I'll admit it's a good round with plenty of bullets or factory loads to choose from, but give me 280 rem any day.

GFYS

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

AGAIN?!!?   :lmao:

Bro, you're more of a Baby Factory than Matt Cross...  He has like 17 kids now...   :laffs:

lol. it's been the same one she has been pregnant for a while. and the whole reason I am not sure yet if I will be able to come to the fall shoot. but this is the last one, done after 3, can't afford more.