TWO CUP DRIED BLACKBEANS

ONE TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER

ONE FOURTH TEASPOON CINNAMON

Brown the ground chuck. Drain well

Mix all well in crock pot

Simmer 4-6 hours

Cook black beans separate. Add to above

10 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Just been wondering, Have any of you pellet smoker Dudes ever smoked an ostrich or an emu ?

wtf?  Where you gonna get either one of those, Mack?...  I'm in, for trying to eat it, if you kill the thing first.   :banana:  I don't wanna fight either one of those bastards.  :laffs:

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

wtf?  Where you gonna get either one of those, Mack?...  I'm in, for trying to eat it, if you kill the thing first.   :banana:  I don't wanna fight either one of those bastards.  :laffs:

I got this mental picture of the ostrich trying to force you into the pellet smoker!

?

Alan that chili looks good.:drool:

Edited by Sisco

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Well you know we had a lot of folks decided to raise  ostrichs to make cowboy ostrich skin boots and emus back in the 1990s and then gave up and quit. Well some of them can be found in the wild. Them EMUs for their oil Emus are mean suckers but a round of 00 buckshot or a .308 round to the head turns them in to a dead bird. I was thinking maybe a big ass smoker would be plenty big, They don't get real big here in the wild, hogs pretty well keep them on the run,

18 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Well you know we had a lot of folks decided to raise  ostrichs to make cowboy ostrich skin boots and emus back in the 1990s and then gave up and quit. Well some of them can be found in the wild. Them EMUs for their oil Emus are mean suckers but a round of 00 buckshot or a .308 round to the head turns them in to a dead bird. I was thinking maybe a big ass smoker would be plenty big, They don't get real big here in the wild, hogs pretty well keep them on the run,

Are you going to make black bean chili with them?

Nope, probably will do some  grilled veggies and some tatters and giblets gravy and a bushel of cornbread dressing. Anyone want a big drumstick? Maybe I should do the drumsticks like a glazed ham?

I have to find out if there is a special big bird  season, reckon? Wash should know, he probably has a couple in his freezer.

Edited by mrmackc

1 minute ago, mrmackc said:

Nope, probably will do some  grilled veggies and some tatters and giblets gravy and a bushel of cornbread dressing. Anyone want a big drumstick? Maybe I should do the drumsticks like a glazed ham?

That’s a hell of a rail road for a topic ??

6 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That would cut down on how many eggs used for breakfast at the fall shoot.

No shiit.  Greg would have to back himself down from a dozen eggs for breakfast, to only 3... :laffs:

Fucking Savage, I'm telling you...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

11 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That would cut down on how many eggs used for breakfast at the fall shoot.

That was nothing less than miraculous the way Greg executed the egg distribution at the Fall Shoot. Definitely moved him up a notch in my estimation, which was considerable to begin with...

P.S. @Alan Waters sorry about your thread brother, this is a way of life around here. Just embrace the train wreck... 

... and awesome recipe!

8 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

That was nothing less than miraculous the way Greg executed the egg distribution at the Fall Shoot. Definitely moved him up a notch in my estimation, which was considerable to begin with...

P.S. @Alan Waters sorry about your thread brother, this is a way of life around here. Just embrace the train wreck... 

... and awesome recipe!

Yep,.... sorry about your Black Bean Chili !...It just goes to show , if you are gonna hijack someone's thread:

Go BIG or stay at HOME!