• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LaRue MBT for $87 Through July 4th and Beyond!

jtallen83

The man has come through again, MBT's for $87 through July 4th and beyond! Feel bad for anybody that paid the $125 during the last couple days, feel bad for Geissele as well, they will have to change that business plan soon! I see cheaper triggers for all in 2019.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/?utm_source=LaRue+Newsletter&utm_campaign=0d9cacbd11-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_28_02_54&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eca3a85af8-0d9cacbd11-309743989&mc_cid=0d9cacbd11&mc_eid=1821b69c35

LaRue Logo

The Dead Center of Precision 

1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Header

picture 

LaRue MBT New Year Resolution Sale !! 

$87 each through July 4th and beyond !! 

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

26,266 triggers purchased between 7/1/18 and 12/25/18, according to Mark's e-mail. That's 148 triggers PER DAY. That brings the total of MBTs purchased or installed in LaRue rifles to over 66,000.

Now he wants to hit 100,000 by July 4, 2019.

Almost makes me want to wait until July 1 and see if they drop the price even more, just to get to the magic number...

Edited by COBrien

Can anyone tell me how these compare to something like an AR Gold trigger? 

I'm fond of the ARG in my .308, the HyperTouch 3G is ok, but I think the Elftman is my favorite so far. The later 2 both in my AR9s..

So far I've found that I like the drop in style trigger's performances to the traditional 2 piece assemblies for whatever reason. The BCM trigger is good, but not designed for competitive shooting, and the Gisselle that I bought was good, but my 1st (and only) 2 stage, and the pull was a little too light for my comfort. 

1 hour ago, BK.RD.RNR said:

I'm fond of the ARG in my .308, the HyperTouch 3G is ok, but I think the Elftman is my favorite so far. The later 2 both in my AR9s..

So far I've found that I like the drop in style trigger's performances to the traditional 2 piece assemblies for whatever reason. The BCM trigger is good, but not designed for competitive shooting, and the Gisselle that I bought was good, but my 1st (and only) 2 stage, and the pull was a little too light for my comfort. 

AR Gold in my first 308AR, and it's good.  Elftmann in another one, and it's good.  Neither are 2-stage triggers.  I prefer 2-stage triggers on precision guns.  I'll take a Geissele Hi-Speed trigger in a precision gun any day of the week - it can't be beat, at damn near $300.  But for Mark LaRue's price of $87 on the MBT2S, you can't beat that either.  Last time I did a Geissele Hi-Speed was this time last year, for a special build.  I've done 4 of the LaRue triggers in the meantime, since that build.

What Geissele trigger did you buy?  If it was one of the Hi-Speed triggers, and you feel it's too light - you can adjust that thing heavier.  Easy.  If it was the SSA-E, it's a 3.5lb combined pull.  The LaRue is a 4.5lb combined pull - just like the Geissele SSA trigger.  Between those last two, you're talking $87 or $200.  Easy choice - the quality is there on both.

I've got a Jard 2lb trigger that would scare the hell out of you...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

No time on an AR Gold but the feel of the MBT is right there with the Geissele SSA, I actually prefer the wider shoe on the MBT. What is too light?

I forgot the Geissele model, SSA sounds about right, I think there was another letter at the end. From memory it was a 2 stage with a 1lb break. A little to surprising for my comfort.

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

What Geissele trigger did you buy?  If it was one of the Hi-Speed triggers, and you feel it's too light - you can adjust that thing heavier.  Easy.  If it was the SSA-E, it's a 3.5lb combined pull.  The LaRue is a 4.5lb combined pull - just like the Geissele SSA trigger.  Between those last two, you're talking $87 or $200.  Easy choice - the quality is there on both.

I've got a Jard 2lb trigger that would scare the hell out of you...  :laffs:

I just did a search, pretty sure it was the B-G2S-E. ... And it did scare/ surprise the hell out of me a couple of times before I took it out of the rifle. I have shot a similar weight, maybe even lighter, single stage on a friends precision bolt action rifle, and thought highly if it, but there was no perceptible slack or creep. As soon as you made contact with the trigger it released.

Looks like they are on sale too. IIRC I paid $179 or $189 on sale...

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx

14 hours ago, BK.RD.RNR said:

I've got the SR Gold (Large AR variant of AR Gold) in my MA TEN, and I think it's superb. Really the only appreciable difference to the MBT is adjustability and a lighter pull on the break. That's pretty much all you're paying the $200 of difference to get. I would start with the MBT and move towards a better trigger only when the MBT becomes a limiting factor.

16 hours ago, BK.RD.RNR said:

I just did a search, pretty sure it was the B-G2S-E. ...

That specific Geissele is an exclusive trigger to Brownell's, only. 

There are two models of G2S (Geissele 2 Stage), when you count the Brownell's version.  They follow the Geissele SSA (The Geissele G2S does), and that Brownell's exclusive follows the Geissele SSA-E.

The Geissele G2S IS the Geissele SSA trigger - it is.  The SSA gets MPI tested, every one, every part, then lasered.  They only batch test the G2S, and don't laser it. That's what makes it cheaper to make, and cheaper to sell.

That Brownell's version IS the Geissele SSA-E  - same deal on it. It's batch tested, and not lasered like the G SSA-E is. It's a 3.5lb combined pull.   The SSA-E is an excellent trigger, and it's not a crazy-light pull.  It's a fantastic trigger for an AR.  If that's too light for you, you need to move north in combined pull weight.  The LaRue is a 4.5lb combined pull.  You might like it.  For $87, it's worth the risk.

16 hours ago, BK.RD.RNR said:

I have shot a similar weight, maybe even lighter, single stage on a friends precision bolt action rifle, and thought highly if it, but there was no perceptible slack or creep. As soon as you made contact with the trigger it released.

That should not have happened - it's a 2-stage trigger. You have to pull through the first stage weight, and it hits a stop - there is trigger bow movement through that first stage.  From that stop point, it's go time.  You apply the additional weight to it from that stop point, and it breaks the shot from right there.  So, on that trigger, it takes 2.3lbs of pull weight to move that trigger bow to the stop - and you should hit a wall.  It takes another 1.2lbs of additional pull weight to break the shot.

I noticed on the big forums when the MBT was $250 people compared it to the SSAE regularly. When it was $125 people compared it to the SSA. Now that its $89 people say " its no G, but for the price its pretty good"

Just amused me how the price of the trigger changes the perception of its quality for the internet AR elite. 

I also hope this bites deep into the profits of the other guys. If larue can sell this high quality trigger at this price, and still make money than these other guys are fleecing us badly. 

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

I also hope this bites deep into the profits of the other guys. If larue can sell this high quality trigger at this price, and still make money than these other guys are fleecing us badly. 

I'm not a fan boy of any kind,but I do have Geissele SSA-E's  in all but one gun.

Geissele won't have a problem with profits, what you see in the market is a side business,they make their real money supporting our troops.

Price wasn't factor in my purchase, there just wasn't anything that I liked at the time I built my stuff.

As for the LaRue, I'm glad they offer a product to people where price is a concern.

Back to that one gun that doesn't have a SSA-E in it, I think I may try this trigger out, for $85 it's really not a lot of money to spend.

Believe me,I have a box of triggers I went through until I found what I liked.

At least I got lucky and found Brimstone gunsmithing when I was in search of triggers for my 10/22's

Edited by Ravenworks

My point wasnt what trigger is better...we all like what we like. My point was the opinion on the MBMs quality seems to be going down with its price in many circles. As if it was a better trigger at $250 but now that its at bargain price its a bargain trigger. 

Kinda like all the times I see people bashing a $100 velocity while praising a $220 timney. 

6 hours ago, blue109 said:

My point wasnt what trigger is better...we all like what we like. My point was the opinion on the MBMs quality seems to be going down with its price in many circles. As if it was a better trigger at $250 but now that its at bargain price its a bargain trigger. 

Kinda like all the times I see people bashing a $100 velocity while praising a $220 timney. 

makes total cents^^  my mec trigger is lights out. discontinued! or is it? 

7 hours ago, blue109 said:

Ok, just misunderstood.

I can say without a doubt,if we had better triggers in the late 70's early 80's there would have been a whole lot of less toilet seat wearing Marines in the crowd.

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It's a 3.5lb combined pull.   The SSA-E is an excellent trigger, and it's not a crazy-light pull.  It's a fantastic trigger for an AR.  If that's too light for you, you need to move north in combined pull weight.  The LaRue is a 4.5lb combined pull.  You might like it.  For $87, it's worth the risk.

Agreed, I wasn't knocking the quality or performance, just my comfort with it. The 1.2# second stage did not provide me with a difinitive "wall" as some of you are describing. Granted, I do usually take more than one rifle to the range, and the other triggers at that time were much heavier. ...I might try the LaRue in one of my AR 15s. I still have one with a basic "lower parts kit" trigger installed. Definitely room for improvement there.

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That should not have happened - it's a 2-stage trigger. You have to pull through the first stage weight, and it hits a stop - there is trigger bow movement through that first stage.  From that stop point, it's go time.  You apply the additional weight to it from that stop point, and it breaks the shot from right there.  So, on that trigger, it takes 2.3lbs of pull weight to move that trigger bow to the stop - and you should hit a wall.  It takes another 1.2lbs of additional pull weight to break the shot.

Sorry for my lack of clarity. My friends trigger wasn't 2 stage, just the proverbial hair trigger.