• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gun Pusher Chronicles

98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

DAMNIT!   The Ruthless call was BULLSHIIT!  Herb Dean sucks!  As soon as he called it, Robbie got up and said "What the FUK?!"

I could see were he made the mistake Askren can go fuck himself tho. 

Woodly didn’t show up and that last fight was weak 

On 3/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

UFC Fight tonight, getting the PPV over at a friend's house.  The Gun Pusher is picking me up, then we go grab beer to take.  That means...   I'm not driving!!!  :banana:  I don't know what will happen tonight...   :laffs:

Let’s go Derrick Lewis!!!

• 9 months later...

Gun Pusher John and I went out today.  Customer rifle, built some of it himself.  Diagnose why it won't pick up the second round.  This this was a .308AR, full DPMS upper. High-RIder upper receiver, slick-side with no forward assist or shell deflector, bull-as-fuk heavy barrel 24" barrel, not threaded.   Lower was a TM finished lower, with a serial number.  First things first, he had an A2 stock on it, rifle receiver extension, and Spike's T3 heavy buffer - CARBINE buffer.  The lower was beat to shiit, and the ears on the BCG were beat to shiit - from slamming together, every single round that was fired, ever. It was Epic Metal Compaction...  Steel (BCG) won over aluminum (lower), and that lower was fucked up. 

So, we take apart my Mk11 and get the rifle buffer out of it, to try this guys rifle receiver extension. Same thing.  First round goes, second doesn't - dead trigger.  Didn't reset.  Ejection on both (first rounds) that fired was 1 o'clock strong - overgassed, or under-recoiled? 

Figured we'd toss in the Tubb Carrier Weight System that lives in the Mk11 now, shoot it again...  First round went, second...  dead fucking trigger again...  But the ejection pattern immediately changed to 5 o'clock, strong.  CWS did it's job.  Gas port is too big in that factory DPMS gun, and the CWS weight-added fixed it.

What's up with that second round, though, WTF?...  Rip into the trigger.  There is NO disconnect spring in the trigger. It's just not there.  At all.  Only one guy out there had a mil-spec trigger, so we took his rifle apart just to use that spring. Installed it, shot it - dead trigger again...  WTF?!!? Look at the trigger in operation...  the disconnect NEVER let go of the hammer, through trigger travel.  Just wasn't happening.  Push the disconnect down with a punch, and the hammer would release.  THEN you could set off the trigger.

Bad machining, by whoever did it. It was a TM lower,with a serial number,  but that doesn't mean that TM machined it - some other company could have machined it - and they fucked it up.  Geometry is way wrong on the pin holes. 

Pinned my Mk11 lower to the upper that this guy had - ran like a champ...  So the moral of this story is - how much money are you saving by not buying matched, quality uppers and lowers, and building these things?  This guy's lower is trash - pin holes are fucked, and now the lower is fucked, because he didn't know that you can't put an AR15 H3 carbine buffer in a rifle receiver extension, especially on a .308AR,but never, ever, ever, on ANY gun combination... - and it beat the living shiit out of his (trashed-from-machining) lower receiver.

Aero M5 lower will fix his problems.  As well as a Slash (HeavyBuffers.com) XH rifle buffer, that's about 10oz...  Don't want to recommend an adjustable gas block to this guy, because THAT will only be another test session, and fixing it- because customers will fuk it up.  Don't add complicated shiit to complicated shiit...  This is the most-simple solution for the customer-at-hand, with a very complicated problem...   

Don't go cheap, brothers - it only costs you in the long run... Buy quality, matched receivers from the same company, and DBAB.  Don't Be a Bitch...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Well done brother, we see it all the time with PSA10 and others that were put together with cheap/junk parts. Time and 💰 after purchase to get it to run. Quite a few guys came away with a better understanding of the .308 platform so it wasn't a total loss.

For the money Aero just my 2 mags