• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy in WI, new build from scratch....gonna need some help

Arcanum

Hello everyone,

I've been digging around for info and I'm having trouble coming up with straight answers, so I am hoping your experience can help me.  I am planning to build a 6.5 creedmoor and have ordered a Proof Research CF Barrel (prod #100042) that is DPMS compatable.  I was planing to use a Seekins .308 builders kit but the rep from Seekins was very sketchy when I asked if the Proof Barrel was compatable, the concern being the barrel O.D. vs. the nut I.D. both at 1.2" dia.  Now I'm wondering if it will work and if not what my plan "B" should be.  The barrel will arrive tomorrow.  I will also be looking for other component suggestions (trigger, buffer, and spring to start) but first I need some parts that play nice together before a waste too many $$$$

Welcome from Iowa, via Missouri!

No experience with that combination myself but with both being DPMS based I can't see where the problem would be. People have used Armalite barrel and BCG in a DPMS pattern receiver so no reason the extension on the barrel should not fit the upper with all parts being LR308 pattern.