• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This is THE BADASS... Travis Kauffman

98Z5V

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, 98Z5V said:

As soon as one of you fuckers kills a mountain lion with your bare hands, I'll listen to the criticism you have of the guy that did it.  That's Caveman shiit, right there, and he got it done, and he ain't dead right now.   THAT is badass.  :thumbup:

I've fought enough wildlife in my life to know one thing for sure - there's no fucking way I'd want to fight a mountain lion to the death.  It might be as badass as a beaver, and I'm done with that shiit. 

I was just thinking that in his interview, he seems to be either talking himself up or just adding a bit of fluff to explain how the hell it was he did get so damn lucky. 

… and yeah he does look like the man bun hippy type. lol

He might be the man-bun hippy type. Might be a full-on Fag-O-Saurus. I don't care about that, not even a little.   When it was time to go Caveman, he went Caveman. He had to be a Savage, in order to be alive, and he went full-on Savage.   I don't care how gay he might appear - when it was time to work, he did it. He crushed a windpipe, when that was what it took to save his own life.  :thumbup::hail:

Against a fucking MOUNTAIN LION...  COUGAR, any other name you can throw at that animal.  That's a bad motherfucker, that often doesn't get killed - it does the killing. 

This guy did it with ZERO outside weapons.  None.

This guy is a badass.  That's all there is to it. 

Critique him all you want - then kill a Mountain Lion, with no external weapons, and tell me how he did it wrong... 

I'll wait for your story...  I'M NOT FUCKING TRYING IT...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Critique him all you want - then kill a Mountain Lion, with no external weapons, and tell me how he did it wrong... 

No doubt I will follow your lead on that, he did complete the mission given. Still can't help wandering if he carries a weapon of some sort on his next jaunt in the wild.

There any pics or stats on the cat out there?  I'm not saying he isn't bad ass, only that it seems there was a lot of thought and wrestling for the ammount of injuries sustained. Either this was a very small cat, or it was pretty weak. Imaging wrestling with tacticat at 12-15 times his size. The stitch count would be a lot higher. Without seeing the cat, in picturing this:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, DNP said:

There any pics or stats on the cat out there?  I'm not saying he isn't bad ass, only that it seems there was a lot of thought and wrestling for the ammount of injuries sustained. Either this was a very small cat, or it was pretty weak. Imaging wrestling with tacticat at 12-15 times his size. The stitch count would be a lot higher. Without seeing the cat, in picturing this:

image.jpeg

Willing to bet you’re right, most these attacks come from sick (last resort) or inexperienced cats from what I’ve read. 

Like i said before if hank didn’t weigh 9 pounds she woulda killed me long ago 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:13 AM, 98Z5V said:

Against a fucking MOUNTAIN LION...  COUGAR, any other name you can throw at that animal.  That's a bad motherfucker, that often doesn't get killed - it does the killing. 

This guy did it with ZERO outside weapons.  None.

This guy is a badass.  That's all there is to it. 

I'd rather rope a deer.?

11 hours ago, unforgiven said:

You were soooo close to riding that motherfuker

Yeah, SOOOO CLOSE, and got that ass-whoopin'...   "Almost" only causes pain, brother... :laffs:

That's like somebody sayin' "I ALMOST kicked Mike Tyson's ass this one time..."   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

that had to be a small ,young cat probably starving to attack a man either way he choked it the fuk out with his foot on it's neck good call but a full grown lion would have killed that guy I give him kudos for the fight and yes bad ass points as well .....I would love to see this cat....

24 pounds?  3-4 months old. That adds up to what I was thinking. Like Magwa, kudos for the fight...but the injuries and the amount of time he was wrestling with it had me thinking this was the case in the beginning. 

On 2/17/2019 at 12:13 AM, ARTrooper said:

I was just thinking that in his interview, he seems to be either talking himself up or just adding a bit of fluff to explain how the hell it was he did get so damn lucky. 

I called it. lol. 

good sized mountain lions get to between 140 and 180 pounds and stay with mom 12 to 24 month according to a quick google search. the cubs aren't even weened from their mother's till 2-3 months. The cat was far from a large and skilled hunter. 

I still think the guy was lucky though... lucky mom wasn't in the area.

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I called it. lol. 

good sized mountain lions get to between 140 and 180 pounds and stay with mom 12 to 24 month according to a quick google search. the cubs aren't even weened from their mother's till 2-3 months. The cat was far from a large and skilled hunter. 

I still think the guy was lucky though... lucky mom wasn't in the area.

From the sounds of the article I’m guessing mom’s dead or somthing, cuz they relocated two others