• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How are y'all doing?

redcap

Thought I'd better introduce myself... I'm just a guy, dipping my toes into the 308 AR world.  I have 5.56 AR-15s, but got a wild hair about me and bought me a PA-10 that someone else had put together but had not shot.  I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but I've been buying ammo and magazines for it.

I had always knew the AR-10 was out there, but never really realized how difficult it could be with the lack of standards.

That brings me to how it was I found this forum...  I was searching why my bolt carrier group didn't go far enough back for the bolt face to be engaged by the hold open latch.  Low and behold, Google lead me to a thread on here in which I learned that Joe-AR-10 builder that I bought the PA-10 from used AR-15 parts for the buffer & buffer spring.

Anyway, I'm in the process of trying to find the best (yet inexpensive) way to resolve that problem and am looking forward to all of the information that is in this site and forums!

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

Welcome from Iowa!

Eliminate all your possible buffer system issues with one known to function kit;

https://www.armalite.com/product/ar10rekit01-6-position-receiver-extension-kit/

Shows in stock now but don't hesitate, they sell out fast regularly!

Yup, and done. Welcome from MA

34 minutes ago, redcap said:

You know, I am delightfully surprised at how active this forum seems to be and how much welcome I have received.

I hope to to be able to contribute at least a little bit compared to what I have I have already gained from here!

Jump right in there brother, plenty of room for another regular contributor.