• Visit Sportsmans Guide

NZ “assault” weapon ban

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, shepp said:

Hey @308kiwi this true? How’s it effect you

Hey guys, unfortunately this has just happened, made it quick to your neck of the woods, like it was just announced 50 minutes ago here.

Yep, all semi auto rifles are now banned, with pretty much one exception, 22 rimfire with max 5 round magazine.

I cannot begin to express how seething angry I am.

They have promised a 'buy back', which is just total BS, not likely to see anywhere near the amount of $$$'s we have tied up in our rifles, we had a rough add up last night and came to $100K.

The legislation has not yet been passed in parliament but has been drafted as an 'order in council' which is like a decree of what is going to become legislation that can be passed into law without due process, and here I was thinking we lived in a democracy.

I am so damn angry at the moment, it's taking all my strength and self control to type this without prolific use of F**KS and C**TS.

Right at the moment we still have everything as all our rifles are what we call 'E' category and registered to us, but within the next few weeks they will be banning them in total.

As things progress I'll let you know, but as @ARTrooper  said, I might just have to go on a deep sea fishing trip this weekend.

5 minutes ago, 308kiwi said:

That snaggle toothed F**KIN WHORE will not be re-elected, there are some VERY VERY angry people in NZ this afternoon.

Fuck man that sucks.......

i used to hate the word cunt, but I’ve grown to love it after hearing how the aussies use it, so I’ll say it with you FUCK THAT CUNT 

8 minutes ago, 308kiwi said:

As things progress I'll let you know, but as @ARTrooper  said, I might just have to go on a deep sea fishing trip this weekend.

some big big waves out there, very dangerous

Well brother I hope things get better for you. especially because of one man that was originally from another country. I know there would probably be another revolution here if they tried to pull that sh1t in the US.

2 hours ago, shepp said:

fornicate man that sucks.......

i used to hate the word cunt, but I’ve grown to love it after hearing how the aussies use it, so I’ll say it with you fornicate THAT CUNT 

It's one of my most favourite words, it conveys so many different emotions in just 4 letters.

Guess I'll be back to building bolt rifles again, could be interesting.

I've been working on my own design of a 21st century falling block action for a while, guess I'll have a lot more free time now to pull finger and get it into production.

Edited by 308kiwi

6 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

legislation that can be passed into law without due process, and here I was thinking we lived in a democracy.

I am so damn angry at the moment, it's taking all my strength and self control to type this without prolific use of F**KS and C**TS.

I've been watching this issue with extreme sadness. This is exactly what happened here in New York state after the Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut. Knee-jerk legislation which originally tried to ban ARs and AKs outright; but was rolled back slightly. We have some of the most strict laws in terms of semi-automatics in the US; but at least we still have them.

I can not imagine the heartbreak of having to lose, or "sell back" everything I had. And after a buyback program, it seems unlikely the law could be reversed.

Do you know if you are allowed to keep things that are "modified" to be bolt action (like sporting rifles are made for the UK)? Here in NY were were allowed to modify to meet the new laws by removing features. You would probably have to replace a barrel to have no gas port; but would that still be considered "bolt action" under the new laws?

This is like a cancer; these restrictive laws keep spreading, and we have no recourse as private citizens. At least where I live; voting doesn't seem to help.

9 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

made it quick to your neck of the woods, like it was just announced 50 minutes ago here.

It made it here fast, because they’ll try using it for pushing stricter bans here. 

I was listening to the girl read the news this morning on the radio. They lean towards the conservative side, but just a regular FM morning show. As she read the story she even said wow this is just crazy, they’re being punish for something a guy from another country. I was kinda surprised by her reaction to it. 

the democrats wont stop from using the NZ ban to further their efforts.  "see, a county of less than 5 million did it, why can't we????"  

if someone wants to do evil, they will.  the fcuker in Nice, france killed 86 people with a moving truck.  

i feel bad for the good folks of NZ that are having this crammed down there throats.  

On 3/22/2019 at 2:09 AM, ar-mountaineer said:

I would remove all “gun parts” and only turn in what is considered a “gun”.  If this ever came over here the only thing they would get from me is a stripped lower receiver. Also why I have a collection of unfinished 80% lowers. 

The wording includes 'all parts that can be used to modify or create' so it's not just stripped lowers, it's any part as well.

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Can this be repealed with a new administration ? 

Who knows, right at the moment the entire country is out for the blood of gun owners, there are approx 7000 people in NZ that own legal AR15's, vs 5 Million 'sheep' that have been stirred up by the media and the politicians and are on a literal witch hunt, there have been many incidents, hate incidents against gun owners/ gun clubs over the last week, a gun club up north was burnt to the ground, another one down here was attacked and it's members threatened with death and has closed. it's a mob mentality and we are grossly out numbered.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, Lane said:

Do you know if you are allowed to keep things that are "modified" to be bolt action (like sporting rifles are made for the UK)? Here in NY were were allowed to modify to meet the new laws by removing features. You would probably have to replace a barrel to have no gas port; but would that still be considered "bolt action" under the new laws?

This is like a cancer; these restrictive laws keep spreading, and we have no recourse as private citizens. At least where I live; voting doesn't seem to help.

No,  converted semi's are not being allowed, and yes, once in place this will be next to impossible to reverse.

24 minutes ago, 308kiwi said:

Who knows, right at the moment the entire country is out for the blood of gun owners, there are approx 7000 people in NZ that own legal AR15's, vs 5 Million 'sheep' that have been stirred up by the media and the politicians and are on a literal witch hunt, there have been many incidents, hate incidents against gun owners/ gun clubs over the last week, a gun club up north was burnt to the ground, another one down here was attacked and it's members threatened with death and has closed. it's a mob mentality and we are grossly out numbered

That’s really fucking sad! I feel for you brother

1 hour ago, Barfeetz said:

308kiwi I can’t even imagine the total frustration you guys must feel over there

I feel physically sick.

I lost my youngest brother to suicide 20 years ago.

I had my house ransacked and lost everything of any value 14 years ago.

These are the only other two events in my life that have left me feeling as angry, sad, lost, betrayed and out of my depth as I feel right now.

Edited by 308kiwi