• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

NZ “assault” weapon ban

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

308Kiwi stay strong I wish we could do more to help. Here in Canada there is a lot of fear that the government will use this tragedy to do the same thing that's being done to New Zealand. 

It shows the character of the people in government and their use of fear to further subjugate their citizens under the pretext of further security.

To quote Ben Franklin  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

308Kiwi stay strong I wish we could do more to help. Here in Canada there is a lot of fear that the government will use this tragedy to do the same thing that's being done to New Zealand. 

It shows the character of the people in government and their use of fear to further subjugate their citizens under the pretext of further security.

To quote Ben Franklin  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Same exact thing down here, brother.  Same fukking thing.  It's a matter of time, before they start that here - but our Dems currently have their hands full by getting their asses handed to them on this "Collusion" thing that just smoked them. Oh, and trying to reign in AOC, who is outta control... 

35 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, and trying to reign in AOC, who is outta control... 

Yeah it seems stupidity doesn't recognize boarders and by that I mean the idiots that support AOC and her ilk. 

At least you have 2A written by some people that believed that government is supposed to answer to and serve the people not the other way around. 

Notice how the antis never want  to discuss Switzerland with all it's guns or how there is no correlation between number of guns and gun crime.  

• 2 weeks later...

If that figure is at all true; this is awesome!

The same thing happened in NY when the registration of assault weapons was mandated. We had the option to modify to meet compliance; but an insanely small number of people actually registered during the one year time span allowed. Not quite that small of a number; but it was still grossly different from the numbers projected. 

Where did they get pictures of people turning them in if there were only 37? Was it staged, or is there something else going on here?

I feel for all the legal gun owners everywhere on this. I too would have made other plans; rather than see firearms be destroyed for no logical reason.

Stay strong.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:58 AM, 308kiwi said:

WTF do you do when you are so few and spread so thin, 0.12% of the population and the other 99.88% screaming for your blood. And then we have the media, absolutely flooding the channels with anti gun lies and mis-information, the just yesterday parliament was opened for session with an islamic call to prayer, it was broadcast live on every tv channel and every radio station, then parliament was opened with an islamic prayer. I mean WTF, WT actual F, I am shocked beyond belief, fuckin speechless.

Even here in the USA, the shooting sports are seeing a significant decline, including hunting recruitment.  The trends portend the same situation NZ is facing, maybe taking a few more decades, where the number of people hostile or simply ambivalent to firearms may eventually grow to overcome the inertia required to amend our constitution.  Constitutional amendment to repeal amendments is hard, but has been done; e.g., the 21st repealed alcohol prohibition by the 18th.

I think the shooting community here in the USA is concerned and has done much to recruit women, minorities, youth as of late, but this may just delay the inevitable unless the trends can be reversed somehow.

If we in the US don't think this will happen to us eventually, we are deluded. It's only a matter of time and demographic change. The Constitution is not going to protect us; it's a piece of paper. It's a legal contract in a system that holds one legal standard for the elite and another for the rest of us. WE have to protect IT.

I don't know if any of you have read the Manifesto of the shooter in this instance, but one of his main motivations was to cause an anti-gun, anti-conservative crackdown to create a situation that gun owners would be forced to react to, and thus cause unrest. Of course, establishments everywhere will be only so happy to oblige him. He knew exactly what he was doing and what reaction he was going for and he got it.

Sorry for the late reply.

God Speed Kimi, my wife is from NZ she has stated a few time she will not live there. Now I am understanding why.

I also had a brother commit suicide he was 21 and he used the rifle I gave him for his eighteenth birthday. I do not blame the rifle at all, I do not know the pain he was going through so at least it was quick.

For now we have are rights somewhat 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It is all but official now.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-zealand-parliament-votes-to-ban-semi-automatic-weapons

FTA - "Ardern said that there was some opposition from firearms owners, but that the response to the proposed legislation was overwhelmingly positive."

Until a country made up of a lot of hardasses, from having to deal with basically everything that can kill you, decides to stand up to a bunch soft greedy politicians. 

Wait, wait, wait...   This is the opening paragraph from that article:

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – New Zealand's Parliament on Wednesday passed sweeping gun laws that outlaw military style weapons, less than a month after mass shootings at two mosques in the city of Christchurch left 50 people dead and dozens wounded.

When were the details of the second mosque released.announced?...

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Like all politicians, never let a tradgedy go to waste. Would the outcome be the same if it wasn't for the religion of the people ?

Funny how most politician's solution to a crises is to take a way rights and give themselves more power but of course they're not in it for themselves 

15 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Wait, wait, wait...   This is the opening paragraph from that article:

When were the details of the second mosque released.announced?...

I dont have a report but the vid was the drive to the second shooting?  only good people get punished these days. times have changed..