• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Zealand government gun buyback price list

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Hang in there, brother.  Stay with it. Hold out as long as you can and pray for those election changes...

I don't say that lightly.  We, here, are an election away from facing what you are now, and there are SO MANY here that don't even realize that.  Our left side has so lost it's fucking mind that it's not even comprehensible.  They are way gone, by far.  One election away from being "servants" again, here.  If that were to come to bear, it would be very unpleasant here, and probably another revolution.  Anything other than that would be purely unconstitutional, by written word.  It's uglier for you right now, in your situation that you're in, but it's "votes" away from being equally as ugly here, as sad as that is for this country, and this Constitution...

Imagine what state gun laws in the USA would be if it wasn't for the foresight by the founders of adding 2nd  amendment to your Constitution.

5 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

COLFO is our primary defense and are the group organizing all the court cases etc They have set up a specific web page for fighting this tyranny, I'm too proud to ever ask for help but there is a donate link on the page.

https://www.fairandreasonable.co.nz/

In helping you firearms owners world wide are actually helping themselves. This is the classic Death by a Thousand Cuts, glad to hear some are begining to clue in rather then jump on the antis bandwagon.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Imagine what state gun laws in the USA would be if it wasn't for the foresight by the founders of adding 2nd  amendment to your Constitution.

I have that nightmare all the time, brother - California, Washington, New York, New Jersey, Massachussetts, Hawaii, Maryland, and Illinois...    would be Gun Free Zones/States.  That would have been done in those states years ago, almost in that order.  Everytime Cali elected politicians dream up a new one to fuk their people over, those other states try to "one-up" them with something else - New York was the worst about that, with their middle-of-the-night laws that were passed. 

Some of these cases NEED to go to the Supreme Court here, to be decided.  There needs to be a Supreme Court decision on the 2nd Amendment - Shall Not Be Infringed.

The US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights do NOT state what the Government can make a ruling on, or "determine later."  Those two documents DIRECTLY state what the Government cannot take away or even limit, from every Citizen, because it's every single Citizens basic RIGHT.

Thank you 308kiwi,  I've made a contribution.  Thank you for an opportunity to help us protect ourselves.  I don't want some rat basterds offering to protect me from themselves.  That was the old street protection racket where you pay insurance so your windows don't get broken.  I am a law abiding man.  I am fighting to keep my rights by helping you keep yours.  I realize this is a world wide struggle,  always has been.

The Mongol Motorcycle Club held a news conference about this basically saying, "We have guns, and some aren't 'legal', and we aren't giving them up no matter what". And the politicians responded saying "you are a gang, and we have added men to our 'gang task force'".

This was a few weeks ago. Plenty of videos on the tubes about it. So far, no shots fired.

13 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

Thank you 308kiwi,  I've made a contribution.  Thank you for an opportunity to help us protect ourselves.  I don't want some rat basterds offering to protect me from themselves.  That was the old street protection racket where you pay insurance so your windows don't get broken.  I am a law abiding man.  I am fighting to keep my rights by helping you keep yours.  I realize this is a world wide struggle,  always has been.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Exhail said:

The Mongol Motorcycle Club held a news conference about this basically saying, "We have guns, and some aren't 'legal', and we aren't giving them up no matter what". And the politicians responded saying "you are a gang, and we have added men to our 'gang task force'".

This was a few weeks ago. Plenty of videos on the tubes about it. So far, no shots fired.

Exactly the same happened here, the mongrel mob, NZ's biggest gang that causes the most damage to this country went live on tv and told the whole country that they had no intention of handing in their ILLEGAL guns. what did the politicians and the cops do?????, absolutely nothing, they almost laughed and dismissed it.

Too damn easy to go after the law abiding and the fit and proper. 

Edited by 308kiwi

I'll start off by saying; part of this is a bit tongue in cheek (I don't have a boat or private plane to import illegal parts to NZ), but as a New Yorker I feel it is important to keep a close eye on this type of so called "gun control". I finally found and read through the buyback document: the link was corrupted in the original post. There was an extra underscore character in the .pdf name. Here is the functional link for reference: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/prohibited-firearms-and-parts-buy-back-price-list.pdf

What struck me is first is; they appear to have made a blunder similar to one NY State made with the first revisions of the SAFE Act (the one passed in the middle of the night)? They listed guns by name and manufacturer. Furthermore in the parts section, they refer to AR branded parts, and AK branded parts. I can tell you for a fact that none of my AR style rifles have brand named or marked parts, and small parts especially, have no visible marking at all. A standard trigger on both the AK, and AR, are not marked or branded in any way I can see. Is that a way for them to NOT pay, yet still confiscate parts that could be used in those style firearms? Or is it a loophole of some sort that is beneficial to the people?

I do not know how gun parts prices differ in NZ, but even after a currency conversion, there appear to be some parts that could net a whole lot of money if they could be quietly imported, and turned in. For example; if I head over to a reputable AK parts dealer, I can buy an AK trigger for just about $30 USD, and NZ pays $92.40 USD for that part. The NZ government has only allocated $140 million US dollars for their buyback program. Now; it's a bit of a stretch, but turning in 10,000 AK triggers (with a net profit of $62.40 USD each) would cost NZ just shy of $1,000,000 USD, and for the risk; the net return on a $300,000 USD investment would be $624,000 USD. That's over half a million in profit were someone able to pull this off. Trick is to pull this off with enough cheap parts to sink the entire budget right away. One could even rough mill similar parts inside NZ until September; and try to get at least Poor quality value. I would again opt for triggers for the low cost to high value ratio; but I understand a variety of parts would attract less suspicion...

Now; I fully understand this would require some kind of shipping arrangement, private boat, or plane; and quite a bit of planning. Then there may be other questions about a US citizen turning in huge numbers of parts, etc... But the point is; can you punish them for their own stupidity? There may be other ways... I too fear that one day, New York State might wish to gather up all the registered "assault weapons". Honesty; why else did they even need to have a registration program to begin with? Also; since gun dealers have to keep records of all sales and transfers; many (most?) legal firearms are also on record with owners name, address, etc. 

In the US; I too would like to see some pending legal fights make it to the supreme court. We have a NY case ready for the supreme court, that could undo the current arbitrary and even corrupt; pistol permitting system. One of the few campaign promises Trump hasn't touched on yet is implementing constitutional carry... Though again; he may not need to if the supreme court decides on some of these cases.

I am honestly not sure how I would react as a NZ resident. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be turning in anything at all in during the months of July or August. At the same time; once people start taking the money, and guns get destroyed; it's going to be nearly impossible to get the genie back in the bottle legally. Those people that already complied would be furious if others waiting until the last minute get to keep guns. Furthermore; I have no idea what the police or government CAN do if, at the end of the buyback; the return rate was less than 50%. That seems like a real risk if they started going house to house to collect what's left.

Never enjoyed the flavor of the shiit sandwich; especially those I am forced to ingest. I'm going to read the rest of the law itself now, and see if I can glean anything further in terms of recourse. It's pretty dry, but it even has references to air guns... They thought of everything. One anecdote though; many times over the years when I was growing up, my father would describe to me a "saturday night special". Something so simple, it could be made at home with just regular tools. It took me a long time to realize just how true that was... If you can still buy ammo, and people still have reloading equipment; it's not as if they are outlawing drill presses, saws, files, reamers... I want this law to fail miserably; but advocating for that seems to imply breaking the law? That's still a question because I don't know the answer.

The news near the end of the buyback program (if truthful), will certainly help inform wise actions. Quite frankly; I still haven't found any clarification on the legal modification issue, so from what I can tell; even the powers in power don't know what's going on yet... Stay strong and wait it out.

IMG_5148.JPG

Edited by Lane
ref

On 7/27/2019 at 11:09 AM, Belt Fed said:

The Mongols are 1%ers, They will use them.

Most of the members of motorcycle clubs are veterans. I certainly agree with them. They didn't go fight in absolute chaos, only to come home to be told what they fought for will be taken away. I'm thinking a motorcycle might be an investment right now.

1 hour ago, Exhail said:

Most of the members of motorcycle clubs are veterans. I certainly agree with them. They didn't go fight in absolute chaos, only to come home to be told what they fought for will be taken away. I'm thinking a motorcycle might be an investment right now.

1%ers are lowlifes, veterans or not! Just the '1%' thing brands them as outlaws and criminals (research it!). I have absolutely no respect for a 1%er, don't care if he is a veteran! I've been in the biker world for over 30 years and have damn good reasons for feeling that way.

1 hour ago, Exhail said:

Most of the members of motorcycle clubs are veterans.

That's not an accurate statement, these days.  Sure, that's how it all started, but it's just not true.  Most of the members now are not veterans, if you tally up all those organizations.

11 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

1%ers are lowlifes, veterans or not! Just the '1%' thing brands them as outlaws and criminals (research it!). I have absolutely no respect for a 1%er, don't care if he is a veteran! I've been in the biker world for over 30 years and have damn good reasons for feeling that way.

I'm open to listening. 

Define "legal", and who decides what is legal? 

We are all created equal. No Pope or King has any more rights than you. 

If I was your neighbor, and walked over to your house and said "give me your rifle. I've decided you don't need it". You would say, "by what right do you have to request this"?

Whether a man rides a motorcycle, or drives a car, authority should always be questioned. "Where did you acquire the right to rule over me"?

The truth is, The Creator of this world gave us all the same rights, and gave us all the same law. And if you live by the sword, ye shall die from the sword.

Any man who questions authority, is a friend of mine. Throughout history, we have seen the super wealthy seek to use mental methods to convince the world to be their willing slaves. This isn't news, as it's been going on for thousands of years.

America is ground zero for freedom. First and foremost, we need to recognize, we are all created equal, and no one is above the law.

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's not an accurate statement, these days.  Sure, that's how it all started, but it's just not true.  Most of the members now are not veterans, if you tally up all those organizations.

Everything I ever learned about The Holy Bible, Freedom, and The Law, was from Veterans. And a lot of them rode a Harley. 

I spent a few years in the late 80's pursuing the biker lifestyle. Hung with sons of silence, hell angels, and alfesteros(spelling?). Back then they were most all a bunch of chicken poop, godless, lying two faced, stab you in the back, women beaters. Only thing they were really not afraid of was going to jail, they didn't have to take care of themselves there. That's what I learned........

25 minutes ago, Exhail said:

Everything I ever learned about The Holy Bible, Freedom, and The Law, was from Veterans. And a lot of them rode a Harley. 

Riding a Harley DAMN sure doesn't make you a 1%er! I think you need to educate yourself on what a 1%er is!

16 minutes ago, Exhail said:

The Mongols aren't riding around, taxing me, threatening me, fining me...who's side do you think I'm on 😅

You haven't ran afoul of one yet! If you ever do, I guarantee your attitude will change! In my extensive experience the only club that is worse is the Bandidos! Go find a copy of 'The Fat Mexican' and read it. Those azzholes had a whole chapter of their own killed of by another chapter! If society ever collapsed these are the people who will be trying to control everybody and everything and will show no mercy doing it!

40 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

You haven't ran afoul of one yet! If you ever do, I guarantee your attitude will change! In my extensive experience the only club that is worse is the Bandidos! Go find a copy of 'The Fat Mexican' and read it. Those azzholes had a whole chapter of their own killed of by another chapter! If society ever collapsed these are the people who will be trying to control everybody and everything and will show no mercy doing it!

Ya, I hear ya. Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I spent a few years in the late 80's pursuing the biker lifestyle. Hung with sons of silence, hell angels, and alfesteros(spelling?). Back then they were most all a bunch of chicken poop, godless, lying two faced, stab you in the back, women beaters. Only thing they were really not afraid of was going to jail, they didn't have to take care of themselves there. That's what I learned........

There certainly is a lot of truth of what you're saying. I just want to go to work and build stuff, and be left alone, like most people. 

However, it seems to me that The Freemasons want to be the only ones with guns. Based on what happened to Native Americans, I'm not comfortable with that idea. We shall see where this all goes.

51 minutes ago, Exhail said:

The Freemasons want to be the only ones with guns.

Bikers good-freemasons bad?!? The whole freemasons thing is there to make it look tinfoil hatish conspiracy stuff and be easily dismissed by the mainstream sheeple. Now the skull and bones crowd I buy them being evil, they are members of the elite establishment bent on holding their power, most Freemasons are good people that do wonderful things for their communities. 

17 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Bikers good-freemasons bad?!? The whole freemasons thing is there to make it look tinfoil hatish conspiracy stuff and be easily dismissed by the mainstream sheeple. Now the skull and bones crowd I buy them being evil, they are members of the elite establishment bent on holding their power, most Freemasons are good people that do wonderful things for their communities. 

Ya, it's super complicated with these gang wars. I feel cought in the middle. I just want to go to work and create good things for people to enjoy, and live that Christian life, and be left alone. 

This I am certain of. Not if, but when our government bans guns, this nation will absolutely rage. And when that happens, other nations will follow. We will see the worst time in world history. God help us all then. I don't think that will happen tomorrow or next year, but some day. 

You have to KILL someone, for the club ( Gang )  to get the 1 % er patch !  I also was around a lot of "clubs " in my 40 + years of Riding Harleys , seemed every one of them wanted me & my riding buddies  ( brothers , so to speak )  to join up , but with me & my crazy fellow HD riders , (yes I rode with a wild bunch in my day) , always wanted to stay independent .Didn't stop these groups from asking for use to ride with them on runs & such . Was just not our thing to be controlled by "club " rules & dedication to said " club " .

To keep on subject , I just read they are trying to add more laws to take your guns away . People say it will never happen here in the good old USA , well , I wouldn't bet my life on it , but then again , I may need to . 

Edited by survivalshop

15 hours ago, Exhail said:

I doubt many 1%ers are veterans, it's just not what they would do. Different gangs have different rituals to earn that patch. Most of them are big into selling drugs, I grew up with a few Bandidos back in the 70's. they were pretty big here then.  don't see many here now. most of the older ones are dead or in prison.

They have changed a bit since then too, used to be everything you owned belong to the bandidos, you owned nothing. if they needed your place to hang out then you gave it to them. also if some dipshit decided to rob a 7-11 store or jump on some other bikers, you had better be there to help. It was brotherhood.

But with the loss of testosterone in males now, their rules have laxed some. Used to blacks were not invited to be in the gang. they were not liked, now there are black bandidos. That 1% patch had to be earned, as with the other rocker panels. but the 1% patch meant you did what only 1% of the population would do. it wasn't necessarily murder, but it wasn't going to church on sunday either.

Edited by Belt Fed