• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Zealand government gun buyback price list

5 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

but the 1% patch meant you did what only 1% of the population would do.

I always figured it meant they were in the top 1% of America's stupidest people......... I would call them a joke if it were not for all the grief their stupidity causes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

I doubt many 1%ers are veterans, it's just not what they would do. Different gangs have different rituals to earn that patch. Most of them are big into selling drugs, I grew up with a few Bandidos back in the 70's. they were pretty big here then.  don't see many here now. most of the older ones are dead or in prison.

They have changed a bit since then too, used to be everything you owned belong to the bandidos, you owned nothing. if they needed your place to hang out then you gave it to them. also if some dipshit decided to rob a 7-11 store or jump on some other bikers, you had better be there to help. It was brotherhood.

But with the loss of testosterone in males now, their rules have laxed some. Used to blacks were not invited to be in the gang. they were not liked, now there are black bandidos. That 1% patch had to be earned, as with the other rocker panels. but the 1% patch meant you did what only 1% of the population would do. it wasn't necessarily murder, but it wasn't going to church on sunday either.

Ya, fair enough. I'm certainly not a supporter of any gang activity. Especially committing murder to get a patch. That's completely evil. I'm in favor of the mindset Gideon had, "let GOD be your king, and obey his commandments". Above all things, I value righteousness. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". 

I think the ruling class knows they can't convince Americans to engage in another Civil War. Because of the internet, people are too smart for that these days. People are on to the con. I think we will be fighting robots someday. That actually sounds kinda fun 😊

5 hours ago, Exhail said:

I think we will be fighting robots someday. That actually sounds kinda fun 😊

Not to go off thread, but a robotic plane releasing a robotic GPS guide bomb, from 40,000 feet, landing and detonating within 2 yards of you, what would be kind of fun, about that? 

Go read  up on something called “the Singularity Event”. Which will happen within the next 25 years. As if we don’t have enough to worry about.

11 hours ago, survivalshop said:

You have to KILL someone, for the club ( Gang )  to get the 1 % er patch !

NOT true! The outlaw clubs have a patch that is specific to killing someone for the club but it's not the 1% patch. This is how the 1% patch came to be;

https://www.patches4less.com/blog/history-of-biker-patches

"Later, following a 1947 riot at an event in Hollister, California, in which a number of bikers got out of control and caused an uproar, the AMA reportedly issued a statement that 99% of their members were law-abiding citizens and only 1% were outlaws. From that point on, any biker who identified with the outlaw image labeled themselves as a one percenter. To this day, the 1% patch remains an iconic symbol among bikers, even though the AMA has declared this story to be apocryphal."

The 1% patch basically means you are in that 1% of society that doesn't conform to or recognize the laws of this country.

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

With Hells Angels you do what you want. The group is the filthy few, that's what they do. They don't discourage murder.

They even say Canadian chapter is even crazier .

Stories out of Montreal in the 70’s were brutal.

8 minutes ago, shepp said:

@Exhail take your tin foil hat, cut  and nonsense ramblings else where, we don’t want it here.

This is a very valuable thread - and we can wreck shiit routinely, I get it.  But this isn't one to be wrecked, with a bunch of off-topic horseshiit.  

Edited by 98Z5V

15 hours ago, 392heminut said:

NOT true! The outlaw clubs have a patch that is specific to killing someone for the club but it's not the 1% patch. This is how the 1% patch came to be;

https://www.patches4less.com/blog/history-of-biker-patches

"Later, following a 1947 riot at an event in Hollister, California, in which a number of bikers got out of control and caused an uproar, the AMA reportedly issued a statement that 99% of their members were law-abiding citizens and only 1% were outlaws. From that point on, any biker who identified with the outlaw image labeled themselves as a one percenter. To this day, the 1% patch remains an iconic symbol among bikers, even though the AMA has declared this story to be apocryphal."

The 1% patch basically means you are in that 1% of society that doesn't conform to or recognize the laws of this country.

That is true where the 1% started , but not so much anymore . Put a 1% patch on your jacket & go to a Angles meet & see how that goes & yes there are some clubs with a special patch for it or the 1% is a different color or just part of it or has another little insignia  , why , because law enforcement thinks it  knows all about it , so if your not in a "Club " , you really don't know. 

12 hours ago, shepp said:

@Exhail take your tin foil hat, cut  and nonsense ramblings else where, we don’t want it here.

@shepp I did not know you speak for everyone, and or an admin or owner of this forum. I have no idea what triggered you. The bottom line of this subject is one man taking away another man's right to self defense, which is ridiculous. Have a nice day.

21 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

That is true where the 1% started , but not so much anymore . Put a 1% patch on your jacket & go to a Angles meet & see how that goes & yes there are some clubs with a special patch for it or the 1% is a different color or just part of it or has another little insignia  , why , because law enforcement thinks it  knows all about it , so if your not in a "Club " , you really don't know. 

That's pretty much was I was thinking. 

2 minutes ago, Exhail said:

@shepp I did not know you speak for everyone, and or an admin or owner of this forum. I have no idea what triggered you. The bottom line of this subject is one man taking away another man's right to self defense, which is ridiculous. Have a nice day.

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif  @Exhail Enjoy your vacation...

As an aside, the link in the OP eesa no workie. Here's a PDF I printed from the NZ Gazette...

Prohibited Firearms Buy-Back Price List - 2019-go2786 - New Zealand Gazette.pdf

2 hours ago, Exhail said:

Well I am admin.........and the owner of the forum is a close friend...........soooooooooo 

Edited by shepp

6 hours ago, survivalshop said:

so if your not in a "Club " , you really don't know. 

Now, how the hell would you have any idea what I know? Just because I'm a retired LEO you think that that is where all my knowledge comes from! I've known several 1%ers for years and been close friends with them. Suffice it to say, I've had a lot of inside info over the years, probably a LOT more than you have!

You shouldn't make assumptions about someone else's knowledge!

Been reading more about this buy back in New Zealand, and it's far worse than I could imagine. The originally linked Price List PDF (now inline for safe keeping) is far too vague on specifics. Turns out they won't pay even license holders for parts unless all the parts of the whole firearm are included (a complete rifle). So you can't simply bring an AR pistol grip in and get buy back money. They will buy back individual parts from dealers; but only with proper paperwork indicating it was purchased as individual parts explicitly. I can't find a conclusive list of firearms, or criteria indicating exactly what is banned outright anywhere. Nor can I find conclusive information about what could be modified; or even what modifications are acceptable to ensure existing firearms are legal.

I refreshed my memory on where we ended up with Assault Weapon registration in New York State. Depending on who's projections you believe; between 2.3 and 4.0 percent of people registered in the one year timeframe allowed. Connecticut apparently asked for the same; and got roughly the same number of registrations; but with 1/5 the population of NY. The caveats here were; neither state was trying to confiscate firearms outright (yet); presumably compliance for a full surrender/buyback would be even lower? And; we had the ability to modify, removing any features that made them so called Assault Weapons. So presumably the other 96+% of New Yorkers all modified their semi-autos for compliance with the law. 

NY still doesn't offer a flowchart, or clarification on the specifics even five years after the fact. The word from dealers, or LE is to err on the side of caution. How does one even do that in New Zealand without guidance? The last page of the buy back price list has a blanket payback for all other semi-automatics listed as a parts group; $577.50 USD. One must return complete rifles to get any of that money; and that's for any/all semi-auto rifles not on the list??!

Would be very interested to see what the actual criteria are; maybe I should call up the NZ police and have a chat... The Amnesty Buy Back Concept drawing from the NZ Police website leaves me with one last question. Will the confiscated firearms ever make it to the final destination; ultimate and absolute destruction? Or will they stay off in that diversion area of secure storage, leaking parts; an arsenal for official use? 

At least the deadline was extended until December; so we can all hope something changes in that short period of time.

prohibited-firearms-and-parts-buy-back-price-list.pdf 20190703-amnesty-buy-back-concept.pdf

11 hours ago, Exhail said:

Let me break this down for you in terms that should clearly be easy to understand.

The bottom line of THIS FUCKING SUBJECT, RIGHT HERE THAT YOU'RE POSTING IN, IS ABOUT THE NEW ZEALAND GUN BAN.  FUCKING PERIOD.

DO YOU GET THAT NOW?

Take your fucking off-topic bullshiit to another area of the board, I don't care where.  Just don't toss your fucking garbage in here.  I hope for you, that you get that through your head.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:53 AM, Exhail said:

The Mongol Motorcycle Club held a news conference about this basically saying, "We have guns, and some aren't 'legal', and we aren't giving them up no matter what". And the politicians responded saying "you are a gang, and we have added men to our 'gang task force'".

This was a few weeks ago. Plenty of videos on the tubes about it. So far, no shots fired.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, 308kiwi said:

Exactly the same happened here, the mongrel mob, NZ's biggest gang that causes the most damage to this country went live on tv and told the whole country that they had no intention of handing in their ILLEGAL guns. what did the politicians and the cops do?????, absolutely nothing, they almost laughed and dismissed it.

Too damn easy to go after the law abiding and the fit and proper. 

13 hours ago, Exhail said:

The Mongols are a part of this news story. That's why I brought it up.

No, YOU brought them into it, on your own, and went on a diick-sucking parade about bikers.  Once you had your IN to derail the thread, there you went.

You can post your garbage anywhere else on this board, and it'll be dealt with everywhere else on the board, but keep your bullshiit out of this thread.  Comprende? 

If you don't comprende, I'll break it down for you, quick-like. 

4 hours ago, Lane said:

Been reading more about this buy back in New Zealand, and it's far worse than I could imagine. The originally linked Price List PDF (now inline for safe keeping) is far too vague on specifics. Turns out they won't pay even license holders for parts unless all the parts of the whole firearm are included (a complete rifle). So you can't simply bring an AR pistol grip in and get buy back money. They will buy back individual parts from dealers; but only with proper paperwork indicating it was purchased as individual parts explicitly. I can't find a conclusive list of firearms, or criteria indicating exactly what is banned outright anywhere. Nor can I find conclusive information about what could be modified; or even what modifications are acceptable to ensure existing firearms are legal.

I refreshed my memory on where we ended up with Assault Weapon registration in New York State. Depending on who's projections you believe; between 2.3 and 4.0 percent of people registered in the one year timeframe allowed. Connecticut apparently asked for the same; and got roughly the same number of registrations; but with 1/5 the population of NY. The caveats here were; neither state was trying to confiscate firearms outright (yet); presumably compliance for a full surrender/buyback would be even lower? And; we had the ability to modify, removing any features that made them so called Assault Weapons. So presumably the other 96+% of New Yorkers all modified their semi-autos for compliance with the law. 

NY still doesn't offer a flowchart, or clarification on the specifics even five years after the fact. The word from dealers, or LE is to err on the side of caution. How does one even do that in New Zealand without guidance? The last page of the buy back price list has a blanket payback for all other semi-automatics listed as a parts group; $577.50 USD. One must return complete rifles to get any of that money; and that's for any/all semi-auto rifles not on the list??!

Would be very interested to see what the actual criteria are; maybe I should call up the NZ police and have a chat... The Amnesty Buy Back Concept drawing from the NZ Police website leaves me with one last question. Will the confiscated firearms ever make it to the final destination; ultimate and absolute destruction? Or will they stay off in that diversion area of secure storage, leaking parts; an arsenal for official use? 

At least the deadline was extended until December; so we can all hope something changes in that short period of time.

prohibited-firearms-and-parts-buy-back-price-list.pdf 304.68 kB · 0 downloads 20190703-amnesty-buy-back-concept.pdf 262.09 kB · 0 downloads

Hiya Lane.

Yes they are accepting parts for 'buy back' from both dealers and civi's just very limited on what parts, the list is being constantly updated.

Yes the 'bought back' firearms and parts are being destroyed on site, they have mobile hydraulic presses at the events and they are crushing them on site, they are not leaving the location of the event in a salvageable state. 

And most certainly yes we are hanging on to every hope that we can reverse at least part of this catastrophic mess. 

1 minute ago, 308kiwi said:

they have mobile hydraulic presses

I have been looking for any kind of chart, grid, or flowchart in regards to legality of long rifles. I'm not here to deny they will destroy. I want to know WHAT, where; any ultimately why. I've not seen this hydraulic doom here in my state yet; but if you have, we need to know...

4 minutes ago, Lane said:

I have been looking for any kind of chart, grid, or flowchart in regards to legality of long rifles. I'm not here to deny they will destroy. I want to know WHAT, where; any ultimately why. I've not seen this hydraulic doom here in my state yet; but if you have, we need to know...

I assume this is what you are looking for...... C&P from the NZ Police Website......

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/firearms-and-safety/changes-firearms-law-prohibited-firearms

Prohibited firearms parts and magazines

Prohibited firearms are:

All semi-automatic firearms (including semi-automatic shotguns), but:

excluding rimfire rifles .22 calibre or less as long as they have a magazine (whether detachable or not) that holds 10 rounds or less; and

excluding semi-automatic shotguns that have a non-detachable, tubular magazine that holds 5 rounds or less.

Pump action shotguns that:

Are capable of being used with a detachable magazine; or

Have a non-detachable tubular magazine capable of holding more than 5 rounds.

Only a person who meets one of the exemption categories and who has applied for and obtained a new endorsement and permit to possess may lawfully possess a prohibited firearm.

Prohibited magazines are:

Shotgun magazines (whether detachable or not) capable of holding more than 5 rounds.

Magazines for other firearms (excluding pistols) that are:

Detachable magazines bigger than 10 rounds that are capable of holding 0.22 calibre or lower rimfire cartridges

Detachable magazines bigger than 10 rounds that are capable of being used with a semi-automatic or fully automatic firearm

Other magazines, detachable or not, that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

Only a person who meets one of the exemption categories and who has applied for and obtained a new endorsement and permit to possess may lawfully possess a prohibited magazine.

Prohibited parts are:

Any part designed or intended to be an integral part of a prohibited firearm.

Examples include: butt, stock, silencer, sight  

Any component that can be applied to enable a firearm fire with (or near to) semi-automatic or automatic action.

Examples include: gas block, gas tube, sub-calibre conversion kit.

Edited by 308kiwi

The bit about 'silencers' being prohibited only applies if the 'silencer' is specific to a prohibited firearm, eg an AR specific suppressor that can only be used on an AR type firearm.

All other suppressors are still an uncontrolled part. which is ridiculous, I have 2 x B&T QD AR suppressors but I can keep them as all I have to do is machine up an AR birdcage flash suppressor and screw it onto say a .223 Remington 700, then it becomes just a std rifle suppressor.