• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grab-A- Gun

392heminut

Got an email from Grab-A-Gun showing their Mossberg 930 Home Defense 12ga. shotguns on sale for $439 (pretty good price) but when I went to the website they were priced at $473! I opened a chat dialog with a customer service representative to find out why and was given a song & dance about how different suppliers have different prices and when they run out of an item from one supplier and the price is higher from another they no longer honor the sale price! This was the day after they sent the email out. The rep pointed out that supplies might be limited and he was right, it is at the bottom of the email in very fine print. Thing is, supplies were still there, they just didn't want to honor the sale price with what they still had on hand.

I don't know what y'all think but to me this is bordering on a bait & switch and that schit pisses me off! I have no intention of buying anything else from them again. There are much better companies out there to do business with that have more integrity IMHO! Probably not as bad as the schit CTD after Sandy Hook but I feel it's still the same kind of crap.

Just thought I'd throw this out to the forum for a heads up about their tactics. Do what you want with the info.🤨

Prices fluctuate pretty much everywhere. Just how it is. I know when I'm shopping for a new unit, I always check gun.deals and search the UPC number for that piece. I've scored some great deals this way. As for Grab-a-gun, I've never had a bad experience. If the price falls after I buy something, I call them up and they credit me the difference. They have gotten better with their customer service over the years. YMMV

11 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

Midway does the same thing.

They have a policy that they may change the description and price at any time.

I learned the hard way and had to eat 11 boxes of ammo a few weeks back,that cost me $270

I have ordered several times from Midway and they have been straight and forward with me.

I’d get out of the chat box and get on the phone with them. Someone up the chain deserves to hear the story.  I get the fine print. I also see that it was within a day. Unless that email was a flash sale “today only”, I think any decent company would honor that price. Especially being a whole 34 dollars.  It’s likely that the chat box is general customer service and not someone from the company. I would give a call and express the fact that the situation was disappointing and will likely affect future purchases. Not sharing that as a threat of losing you as a customer, but as a former customer who feels their process is potentially turning folks away and they should be aware. I still wouldn’t buy the gun from them, but would provide the feedback and hopefully add weight to future decisions on their end. I think businesses need to know how their policies are working. And I would refuse to purchase the gun at even a deeper discount after the phone call.  “No thank you, I didn’t call to beat down the price, just to share my story.  Have a great day.”

12 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

Midway does the same thing.

I got some bad ammo there once, IMI stuff that blew primers. CS there gave me "to bad but no refund on ammo". Pissed me off so I sent Larry an email directly, yeah I know he has to have someone looking at all those emails but whomever eventually read that email had my full purchase price credited to an account there. I had already received replacement ammo from IMI and they sent me a nice plate from Israel for Christmas hat year. It took better than a month but Midway held up their end, just has to get in front of the right person.

8 hours ago, DNP said:

I’d get out of the chat box and get on the phone with them. Someone up the chain deserves to hear the story. 

They sent me an email requesting a rating on their customer service and I told them it sucked and why it sucked. I also told them that there were other companies that had much better customer service and were much better at honoring their sales. I made it pretty clear I would be doing business with those other companies.

That is STILL an absolute Steal of a price for a 930. I paid $150 more 6 months ago and that was the best price I could find. Correction: I went to their website and found different models of 930s from 439$ to $474 to $609 for the 930 spx, my model. 

Edited by Sisco

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

THAT is a steal of a deal!   I paid $615 for my 930 SPX in September 2009 - and every year I watched the prices go up and up...   Good to see the price back down there.   :thumbup:

Hemi, that is the one to get. It’s worth the extra $

On 11/19/2019 at 7:21 PM, Sisco said:

Hemi, that is the one to get. It’s worth the extra $

Yeah, the SPX is the one I really want, but with the traditional stock, NOT the pistol grip stock! A tang safety and a pistol grip stock don't go together very well and a pistol grip on a shotgun always felt weird to me. Probably from all the trigger time behind the department's Remington 870s.

51 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Yeah, the SPX is the one I really want, but with the traditional stock, NOT the pistol grip stock! A tang safety and a pistol grip stock don't go together very well and a pistol grip on a shotgun always felt weird to me. Probably from all the trigger time behind the department's Remington 870s.

The one I looked at at Grab A Gun had the traditional stock. Think they have both listed, but not right together for some reason.

https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns/semi-automatic-shotguns/msbrg-930spx-12-18-5-7rd-mbl-syn-grs.html

Edited by Sisco

6 hours ago, 392heminut said:

The SPX is $700 there!😳

It was $615 in 2009, so that's not too bad, brother.  :thumbup:  I've seen them, through time, as high as $850 MSRP.  Once the demand got up there, Mossberg "adjusted market value" on those bitches...  Must be coming back down...  It's an amazing shotgun...