• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New from Southern Tennessee

Leadontarget

Hey guys, new member introduction here. I’ve bought my first Diamondback DB10CCMLMB .308 AR style rifle and looking to harvest any and all good information that I can squeeze out of the experts or even just the ones that have had a few in their time. I had a 5.56/.223 AR before but not long enough to consider it any experience so I consider myself new to the platform. I’ve already run into issues purchasing gear and accessories that I should’ve already known wouldn’t be compatible with a .308 gun so I hope you guys can help save me some headache and return fees by getting the right gears and tools the first time. I’m not looking to dive into builds and heavy modifications until I get more experience with the platform, just basic add ons and tools to get me started. I’ll admit I’ve tried to do some research on this forum but my google-foo is looking pretty weak, even using the search suggestions posted in the sticky’s. Stock photo is how my gun arrived, I’m looking to go “one gun” with this and be able to use for personal defense as well as able to reach out with moderate precision at distance. Help a newbie out?

F1DF0680-C664-458D-B32C-7192BC3D6B5C.png

8 hours ago, Leadontarget said:

Stock photo is how my gun arrived, I’m looking to go “one gun” with this and be able to use for personal defense as well as able to reach out with moderate precision at distance. Help a newbie out?

F1DF0680-C664-458D-B32C-7192BC3D6B5C.png

Welcome aboard, and thanks for posting an Intro. So many don't...  Commendations to you for doing it. :thumbup:

Start another thread in this section, and tell us what distances you want this thing to go, for longer ranges, what your goal is for the overall gun performance - stuff like that.  It's easier to zero in on suggestions, when we know what YOUR expectations are of the gun. 

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/12-general-discussion/

Welcome aboard.  Good 1st post,  thanks.  On any new firearm I own I'll fire at least one hundred rounds before I even consider any judgements.  Unless of course FTE,  FTF.  308 is a pretty stout load and it's worthwhile spending some time at the range.  Yes the folks here are experts,  although for some reason I consider them friends and not just a source of info.  I hope you find the same to be true.