• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Guy in the neighborhood.

3 hours ago, Flashbanggoodbye said:

I accept all suggestions openly, even the crazy one's.

Move that scope forward, until the eyepiece is about even with the back of the upper receiver.  It's too far back, as it is now.  It's high as hell, too - your height-over-bore has to be 3" or more - the mount is too high for this rifle and scope combo.  That's my $0.02 on it.

Welcome aboard. 

Edited by 98Z5V

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Move that scope forward, until the eyepiece is about even with the back of the upper receiver.  It's too far back, as it is now.  It's high as hell, too - your height-over-bore has to be 3" or more - the mount is too high for this rifle and scope combo.  That's my $0.02 on it.

Welcome aboard. 

With the vortex Diamondback scopes the eye relief is a 3 to 3.5, so I'm a little limited on positioning. Mount is the vortex AR10 mount, it looks high but actually lines up really nice, in all positions and on a qwik draw.

My only upgrade i need to make yet is a raptor charging handle, to get a little better pull back under the scope. DPMS is a good out of the box carbine.Just needs alot of upgrading, weak buffer system, rail system, charging handle, pistol grip, but for $700/box she's turned out to be a real nice tactical/ sniper combo. So far she's keeping up with 6.5s at 1000 yds. I was actually surprised, i thought i was going to need the 18 or 20" barrel taking away from the tactical aspect of the carbine.

Thanks for the input, 2 cents or not"