• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hard cases.

sketch

Recently serched for the longest case I could find for the .338 lpm and without really blowing the bank I went with the pelican v800 vault.   Seems to be the vault series is still a robust, well built to pelican standard. 100$ less than the 1750. The v800 is a duel gun case , as if you can even pick it up with 2 rifles, scopes, ammo .. but it has some slick wheels!  3 heavy duty handles ( comfortable grip) 4 locking options, and 6 push button latches. 5 layers of dense foam 2 for cutting and placment and 3 fillers. 

This is my first Hard case so cool feature was the air purge to let air out not in, at altitude or under water ? Grabbed the coyote tan as all my crap is black lol! Filled it up in 5 minutes after opening the safe. 25# empty so loaded is about 60# and up. Just enough room for long range day. 🍻🇺🇸

20200903_154142.jpg

20200903_143009.jpg

8 hours ago, sketch said:

Recently serched for the longest case I could find for the .338 lpm and without really blowing the bank I went with the pelican v800 vault.   Seems to be the vault series is still a robust, well built to pelican standard. 100$ less than the 1750. The v800 is a duel gun case , as if you can even pick it up with 2 rifles, scopes, ammo .. but it has some slick wheels!  3 heavy duty handles ( comfortable grip) 4 locking options, and 6 push button latches. 5 layers of dense foam 2 for cutting and placment and 3 fillers. 

This is my first Hard case so cool feature was the air purge to let air out not in, at altitude or under water ? Grabbed the coyote tan as all my crap is black lol! Filled it up in 5 minutes after opening the safe. 25# empty so loaded is about 60# and up. Just enough room for long range day. 🍻🇺🇸

20200903_154142.jpg

20200903_143009.jpg

Nice case @sketch! Even nicer rifles 🤠👍

im not on board with dems. I work hard for my dopeshit. 🍻🇺🇸

On 9/3/2020 at 5:13 PM, Lane said:

I see a few empty spaces that might fit more ammo or magazines. A well cut foam insert would make this really interesting. When you say #60 and up; what's the upper limit? Can you get past #100?

I imagine that you can but being cumbersome to a person in baggage other than me or you this package will be drop tested inappropriately..

That looks similar to the Eylar deal they just had. I bought a few and so far they seem to do the trick. Haven’t cut the foam yet though. Think the 38” cases were $115 and the 54” was $140. This isn’t how I plan to keep rifles, but was packaging stuff up for the possible evacuation. I can fit my 24” barreled ar15 with PRS and my bolt gun in one and theses two just squeezed into the short case. 

015E1C55-1508-4929-B93D-4C6415AC3230.jpeg

On 9/4/2020 at 8:46 PM, sketch said:

I imagine that you can but being cumbersome to a person in baggage other than me or you this package will be drop tested inappropriately..

That's why I mentioned a center foam cutout. I think it could really make that work at 100+. I'd be worried about anyone touching that in "baggage" as I saw it... 

I've often filled gaps with cut out pieces of foam, just to make sure nothing touched things that they should not. In a box that tight. I'd be stuffing in t-shirts at the very least.

Maybe you don't need a suitcase. Just clothes in the gun box... Mmm; smells like CLP and Hoppe's in my pants.

You'd be amazed what you can squeeze into these things sometimes. I think this came in around 88 pounds fully loaded out.

4 rifles. 4 cans. 3 optics. 4 AR-15 mags. 4 AR-10 mags. 1 pistol and 6 mags that I jammed on top of the AR mags for transport.

Now.....that sum bitch cost me an additional 200 bucks to get it on the bird........one way.

Pelican.thumb.jpg.f60236b0d786d16391b4b5ecc30b4ff4.jpg

23 hours ago, DNP said:

Think of the dollars in that box...it makes me shiver to know the baggage monkeys get to handle it. 

Yeah. Off the top of my head, that's somewhere approximately between 14 and 15 grand (ish) in there. I wasn't comfortable knowing that the baggage smashers would be throwing that thing around. But, no other choice when flying commercial. And then you add in the other case that had the Barrett with Nightforce glass on it. I wasn't exactly comfortable from the moment I had to let them out of my possession.

That felt like one long ass flight. I couldn't wait to hit the ground, and finally get that stuff back under my own supervision.