• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Range Day 29 Nov 20

98Z5V

So, no kidding, finally take up an invite from @JBMatt to shoot at HIS shooting location.  This is a permanent location that they've got set up in their neck of the woods, and they have some ingenious targets out there, that they leave in the hills.  Steel cylinders (oxy cylinders, welding cylinders, whatever you got), and you just lop the bottom of them off, and hang them over a t-post out there.  They're always up there, because nobody can find them and take them.  If they can't find them - they can't take them!   :banana:

So, long story short, they're out there, and my timing worked out - kinda.  I had a guest with me.  I'll pull the log book out and get the distances, but those things were something like 368 yards, 500 yards, 406 yards, and 305 yards...  So, I took the .260.

I'm getting sighted in, get everything sorted in my scope, with distances, and "my guest" wants to make this "more challenging" for me.  and jumps on my back, like a damn human ghillie suit.  Kinda.  I don't know if I was on the 368 or the 406, but I was hitting the damn thing.  After saying "STOP wiggling!!!  STOP squirming!!!..."   :bat::laffs:

I have more pics that I'll post up - and it was a damn great morning out there.  Until then...

Here's my human ghillie suit - whilst trying to FIND the target on lower power, actually FINDING IT, then whist dialing up the magnification...  

Like a damn Spider Monkey...

786971076_SpiderMonkeyonmyback.thumb.jpg.bf7bcf647208948a8a11dee8414bac03.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

More pics - story later...   Kinda.  First pic here is Scuba Steve's son - and he used a .22LR AR to do a "bottle cap challenge" on a plastic tea bottle at about 30 yards - and he pulled it off!!!

thumbnail_image0.thumb.jpg.6c1314238a92f190eda3ed8397762749.jpg

Matt, working up THE PERFECT .300 Win Mag load, through the chrono...  It's DAMN nice, too!

thumbnail_image1.thumb.jpg.0c0e3541bcac55cd9239eebd96cb84a6.jpg

DirtBike Tommy, and his sweet LaRue full gun - that he ordered 3 months after me, and received before the Fall Shoot, too...   Damnit.

thumbnail_image2.thumb.jpg.32ab95103f64c8f1800cd3352b338aca.jpg

Didn't turn out small, for a Sunday Morning Outing!  :thumbup:

thumbnail_image4.thumb.jpg.2c736e928a261644f9aac603ba52ab35.jpg

Scuba Steve NEVER disappoints!  We launched 2 bowling balls today...   :lmao:

thumbnail_image6.thumb.jpg.4139016b26655eb983b69360f1d8e35d.jpg

Solving the World's Problems...

thumbnail_image7.thumb.jpg.9783a090b48a2309fda196ed5b5a07fd.jpg

Gonna get some steel cylinders up in the hills!

thumbnail_image8.thumb.jpg.41534d19fd1d9b6e544fdb950bd932a7.jpg

Matt, pointing those things out - because if you don't know where they are, you won't find them...

thumbnail_image11.thumb.jpg.95465b23623607c6728dfcb2cae3eeb8.jpg

.260 Goodness...   :hail:

thumbnail_image12.thumb.jpg.b3d26688862ff37a422459157b8bfd88.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

WOW!!!  FUK YT on that one!  They were on that FAST AF, too!  They determined that my video - in that SHORT amount of time, was age restricted, even though I checked the block that "It's NOT for kids..."  They can eat a dick - it's even Unlisted, and NOT searchable via the Great WWW... 

I'll find another place to straight upload it. 

Fuk it - I'm yanking it from YT, and I'll straight load it right here.  YT SUCKS...  

Edited by 98Z5V

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

So, no kidding, finally take up an invite from @JBMatt to shoot at HIS shooting location.  This is a permanent location that they've got set up in their neck of the woods, and they have some ingenious targets out there, that they leave in the hills.  Steel cylinders (oxy cylinders, welding cylinders, whatever you got), and you just lop the bottom of them off, and hang them over a t-post out there.  They're always up there, because nobody can find them and take them.  If they can't find them - they can't take them!   :banana:

So, long story short, they're out there, and my timing worked out - kinda.  I had a guest with me.  I'll pull the log book out and get the distances, but those things were something like 368 yards, 500 yards, 406 yards, and 305 yards...  So, I took the .260.

I'm getting sighted in, get everything sorted in my scope, with distances, and "my guest" wants to make this "more challenging" for me.  and jumps on my back, like a damn human ghillie suit.  Kinda.  I don't know if I was on the 368 or the 406, but I was hitting the damn thing.  After saying "STOP wiggling!!!  STOP squirming!!!..."   :bat::laffs:

I have more pics that I'll post up - and it was a damn great morning out there.  Until then...

Here's my human ghillie suit - whilst trying to FIND the target on lower power, actually FINDING IT, then whist dialing up the magnification...  

Like a damn Spider Monkey...

786971076_SpiderMonkeyonmyback.thumb.jpg.bf7bcf647208948a8a11dee8414bac03.jpg

Looks like you are fixin to develop a load.....just sayin...... LOL🤣😂😁😜

On 11/29/2020 at 11:11 PM, 98Z5V said:

Matt, working up THE PERFECT .300 Win Mag load, through the chrono...  It's DAMN nice, too!

thumbnail_image1.thumb.jpg.0c0e3541bcac55cd9239eebd96cb84a6.jpg

As nice as those numbers came out, I wasn't exactly satisfied. I just finished tweaking it again with seating depth.  I have a box full and I'm ready to test again and see if I can make this good load just SLIGHTLY superior to yours. LOL. Looking for multiple hits on target at a mile, per attempt.  We'll see!