• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

why so long wait to get firearm

LGA

I ordered a Rock River standard A4 lar-8 rifle Sept 11 2020 through my FFL dealer, he paid for it on his credit card & payment has cleared through his CC company.  I had checked Sept 8 if such rifle was in stock & available for shipping & was told yes.  As result I had FFL order rifle then found out wasn't actually available so now have a rifle fully paid for but no rifle, where is it at??????  I could have gotten component parts & built it myself, all parts are readily available.

To Armed Eye Doc

This isn't the first time I have had problems with RRA delivering what was promised.  A few years I ordered  a Type 15 rifle from RRA same issue paid dealer, dealer paid RRA took 9 months to get rifle.  So I doubt parts availability is the issue as this is their history.  I find its their poor management of product availability.  I have talked to other RRA customers & find this is their norm of operation.  They do not make anything only assemble parts from who knows where, if cant get parts need to look at other sources.  I have worked for one of worlds largest motorcycle manufactures, lack of parts availability is an excuse not a reason.  One of the best indicators of a quality product is parts availability & as such will only increase sales(PROVEN).  I have tried to talk to RRA now that's a JOKE only excuses, FFL has done also.  RRA has lost me as a customer & other people who were looking for such rifles.

2 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

I can't say for sure what the reason is, but i know all manufactures are backed up right now. they are overwhelmed with new orders. whether that is your problem i can't say.

Belt Fed:

Any company shouldn't tell a customer a product is in stock & available for shipment then tells the customer they cant honor their commitment, this just doesn't fly with me nor should it with any other customer.  If this is their reason why can other manufactures supply rifles & parts.  I drove to my home town 225 miles South a fantastic dealer there can assemble anyone of four caliber rifles in two hours while you wait, with about any accessories you want.  I bought a beautiful 7.62 x 51 rifle in our nations flag colors, included three spare mags, mounted scope & adjusted it, shot 100 rds for quality check $1800.00 out the door.   THATS SERVICE  Have contacted RRA got insulted by staff & FFL has done also.   EXCUSES ARE NOT REASONS

unforgiven

Any company who tells a customer a product is in stock & ready to be shipped & cant produce what they promised is what I call a whore of an industry.  I have worked for one of the largest international motorcycle companies, if one of our dealers pulled this stunt they wouldn't be a dealer for very long.  Their franchise license would be pulled & most likely would be sued, this I know because it was part of my job to get these idiots closed.  QUALITY ALWAYS SELLS   LGA

Distributor might have said it was in stock - but probably not the manufacturer.  RRA is always slow on shipping items, even when you order parts directly from them, as an individual.  30~45 day wait is common, even if it's just a match barrel, or NM Carry Handle.  That's just how they work.

Compound that by the current situation - like @unforgiven stated - parts, kits, whole guns, just flying off shelves, left and right, because of demand - because of several reasons.  Election year, Bullshiit Pandemic, Lawlessness/Riots, which leaving people feeling unsafe...   It's been a ginormous record-year for sale to new gun owners - those taht thought they'd never need a gun...   Those types of people walk into gun shops and buy anything that's not already spoken for.  Plus, all the ammo that they're allowed to purchase.

It's a pretty wild year, and the shiit that's going on this year far surpasses the idiocy after Sandy Hook, which went down 14 Dec 2012.  I had a complete parts order for a whole gun, in pieces, that Sunday, and everything shipped on Monday, 17 Dec 2012 - and after that, everything dried up...   This year far surpasses that nonsense that we went through.

5 hours ago, LGA said:

To LGA

"  This isn't the first time I have had problems with RRA delivering what was promised.  A few years I ordered  a Type 15 rifle from RRA same issue paid dealer, dealer paid RRA took 9 months to get rifle.  "

👍🏻

Edited by sketch
shits

So you had an issue before, but you went back for more?  I’m guessing there won’t be a third time. Another good sign of quality is people still buying your rifles and being willing to wait for it. They shouldn’t have told you it was in stock, but I’m not sure if that was RRA told you it was in stock, a distributor, or the guy at 7-11 from what you’ve shared. Are you just pissed at RRA, or is it someone else in the loop. You’ve dropped the motorcycle company thing in a few threads. Not sure why - it doesn’t give any real street cred or even fit into the same category.  I don’t care how many vespas you sold, they aren’t guns. 

DPN Obviously you have not paid any attention to what I have said.  It was RRA that told me the rifle was in stock & would be delivered in 5-7 days as was my FFL dealer.  I also posted that this is not the first time RRA has pulled the same stunt about nine years ago I ordered a Type15 rifle from them, same thing pay dealer & they pay  RRA takes 9 months to get rifle .  I went to the dealer to pick up rifle,   there was a guy from RRA assembling rifles in the shop.  There were boxes from all over the U.S. with component parts to assemble, what a joke. All of the excuses I see on these postings tell me that to many people are willing to be ripped off by a scam company.  It used to be that if a company did this it was commercial fraud.  No-I didn't work for Vespa it was a major Japan-US motorcycle company & I wasn't a salesman, I worked in customer services dept.  if any dealer would have pulled a stunt like this instant loss of Franchise.  The comparison of companies are the same. QUALITY-QUALITY,  Service=SALES.  Maybe all of you are suckers  fore such companies I'm not.   I'll bet if you all went to a hospital for surgery & the doctor removed the wrong part you would say OH that's okay, UNBELEVIABLE.   I will not write any more on this subject, as it  is to sad to see people who will allow a company treat customers like this.  No I wont be buying anything from this corrupt Co. I will only deal with high quality CO's.

You are correct LAG. I have clearly not paid nearly enough attention to you, or what you’re saying. It looks like you signed up here to whine, and it just didn’t set a great first impression.  Good luck on getting your rifle...hope it comes in soon and is everything you expected it to be. 

44 minutes ago, DNP said:

You are correct LAG. I have clearly not paid nearly enough attention to you, or what you’re saying. It looks like you signed up here to whine, and it just didn’t set a great first impression.  Good luck on getting your rifle...hope it comes in soon and is everything you expected it to be. 

:lmao:

On 1/2/2021 at 2:41 PM, LGA said:

No-I didn't work for Vespa it was a major Japan-US motorcycle company & I wasn't a salesman, I worked in customer services dept.

Well, that's good, Vespa is Italian.  But you worked for Japanese motorcycle companies?  I've worked for Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha (all Japanese) , Polaris, Arctic Cat, Harley, Victory, and Indian (US companies) Can-Am (Canadian)...  Done all of them...

And the gun business doesn't have a damn thing to do with the motorcycle or powersports industry, in any way, shape or form.  That's not comparing your "experience" to "apples and oranges" here.  That's trying to compare your experience to "apples and Hammers..."   Where do you think your customer service - like, you were on a CALL LINE for them? - compares to the gun industry?...  

I'm just curious - because it looks like I'm in the same industry that you say you're in...  :popcorn:

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 11:19 PM, 98Z5V said:

Well, that's good, Vespa is Italian.  But you worked for Japanese motorcycle companies?  I've worked for Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha (all Japanese) , Polaris, Arctic Cat, Harley, Victory, and Indian (US companies) Can-Am (Canadian)...  Done all of them...

And the gun business doesn't have a damn thing to do with the motorcycle or powersports industry, in any way, shape or form.  That's not comparing your "experience" to "apples and oranges" here.  That's trying to compare your experience to "apples and Hammers..."   Where do you think your customer service - like, you were on a CALL LINE for them? - compares to the gun industry?...  

I'm just curious - because it looks like I'm in the same industry that you say you're in...  :popcorn:

LGA

To: 98Z5W

Its nice that you say you worked for all the outdoor sports companies, am familiar with all.  I haven't worked for such since 1981worked in medical field for 27 years,  assisting Dr.  in procedures.   Its sad you don't seem to be able to  recognize the firearm industry is the same as any other business ,  providing high level quality service is what any industry should be about.  Its also sad you are incapable of seeing that if a customer is told by a company that a product is available & ready to be shipped & is paid for through an FFL & isn't provided its a form of Federal fraud.  I never will order anything from this company again, as it is easily to see that's their mode of business.  It is obvious there are to many suckers in the world that are willing to put up with their BS.  I ordered a high quality parts kit & receiver in .308/7.62 x 51 only takes about 2 hrs. to assemble & when compared to RRA firearms it is of much better quality, love shooting it.  I unfortunately have two of their .223/5.56x 45 rifles  that are of very poor quality lot of slop where upper & lower  receiver  pivots.  Had to get the holes line bored to get rid of slob.  RRA does not manufacture anything seems like they just order component parts from whomever they can get from & has someone throw the parts togeather,  very poor, this I know about from first hand experience.  VERY SAD TO MANY PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO SUPPORT WHAT I REFER AS WHORES OF AN INDUSTRY, I live in the real world, not a world of being screwed by the WHORES.  Cant believe to many suckers are willing to support any such company.

If RRA builds such a sh­­ìt rifle compared to what you can build, WHY'D YOU BUY ANOTHER ONE?!

I long ago realized I could build a better rifle myself. Once that happened, I never bought another AR-pattern rifle off the shelf.

No, no, no. Nothing about this thread or this situation makes sense to me. If you're just here to bìtch, that's fine -- go ahead -- but if you're here for us to sympathize with you, that ain't gonna happen this time.

Now that I've commented in this thread, I'll be watching the show here. Methinks 98 has his DEWS back online, and this should be interesting. :popcorn: