• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Something's not right

AzRon

When I bought my DPMS Gen 2 Recon I bought Midwest industries HG to go on it, the shop I had do it has a hard time with the rockset on the muzzle device, to replace the barrel nut they had to take the gas block off.   Once they replaced everything you couldn't pull the charging handle back, it seems they had twisted something trying to remove the MD, I had them fix it and I thought nothing more about it, until I noticed the rail protectors underneath the gas block kept bulging out after shooting the rifle.

Once I got home I looked at the underneath side of the gas block and noticed this below.  It appears that I'm missing something.

ZEjJcqml.jpg

3 hours ago, AzRon said:

Sooooo no duct tape huh? Or is black tape more tactical?

No duct tape, back Gorilla tape much better, stronger and holds up tp weather better( comes in camo to ) If you want to use electrical tape I recommend 3M Supper 88 tape. The no name stuff is OK to cover up the check engine light when it becomes annoying... :cool:🍻

2 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

No duct tape, back Gorilla tape much better, stronger and holds up tp weather better( comes in camo to ) If you want to use electrical tape I recommend 3M Supper 88 tape. The no name stuff is OK to cover up the check engine light when it becomes annoying... :cool:🍻

+1 for Gorilla tape

3 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I got cheap tape over the camera on my laptop.  :lmao:

22 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I got cheap tape over the camera on my laptop.  :lmao:

Ironically work supplies me with all sorts of tape but both my work laptops don't have camera 

21 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

No, dude, it didn't work. I can see you through the tape. I'll admit it's a bit blurry, but that's probably better for all concerned. 🤣

That's why you want the 600 volt rated stuff... think of the children.