• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Walker’s electronic ear muffs

shepp

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

For the deer, I know their trick - God made those fuckers in FDE.  That's their secret.  Same shiit with squirrels and rabbits - FDE.

The bears, I can't explain - especially if they're black bears.  God didn't like them very much, making them black.  That is a color that does NOT occur in nature, in vegetation, and it sucks in the woods - that color stands OUT in the woods, and it's even crazier in night vision - it glows in night vision...

Deer, rabbits and squirrels?  FDE.  We're not meant to find them.  They find US.  Especially those fuckin' deer.  :thefinger:

Squirrels sound like a GD 18 point buck coming thru the woods, then you see them and they’re an 18oz tree rat. 

58 minutes ago, shepp said:

You been smoking that back woods meth? I’ve never ever ever fucking ever heard a deer come in. One time I swore to god that fucker grew right outta the ground! 

ive heard squirrels, I’ve heard rabbits, ive heard Fischer’s. I’ve never ever heard a deer 

you really are deaf already because I hear them walking all the time and in gun season they are always running because of the pressure of the season so it is really easy to hear them. 

I hear the squirrels and other stuff too which sometimes tricks me, but most of the deer I have shot I have actually heard before I saw them. 

23 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

you really are deaf already because I hear them walking all the time and in gun season they are always running because of the pressure of the season so it is really easy to hear them. 

I hear the squirrels and other stuff too which sometimes tricks me, but most of the deer I have shot I have actually heard before I saw them. 

I’ve never hunted pressured areas 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

For the deer, I know their trick - God made those fuckers in FDE.  That's their secret.  Same shiit with squirrels and rabbits - FDE.

The bears, I can't explain - especially if they're black bears.  God didn't like them very much, making them black.  That is a color that does NOT occur in nature, in vegetation, and it sucks in the woods - that color stands OUT in the woods, and it's even crazier in night vision - it glows in night vision...

Know what you mean on deer, best thing I ever found for spotting deer was a horse I was training( not for hunting) she's go into pointer dog pose, at first I couldn't figure out here issue.

Black bears still manage to startle people, they seem to blend into the shadows pretty good up here.

22 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

For hunting, go cheap, brother.  Just run some SureFire EP3 Sonic Defenders earpro.  These guys:

EP3 Sonic Defenders<sup>®</sup>

I have wore those hunting for the last three years, they work and i can still hear a little. kinda hard to put in but i may have funny shaped ears.lol. But when you hunt with a gun that has a brake you have no choice but to wear hearing protection. I have that same ringing you guys have. had it for several years now. can't remember a time when i didn't have it.

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Thanks @dpete, your testimony is good enough for me.... but without the muffs, can you still hear dear walking through the woods often times before seeing them? Or am I just the only one here that isn’t completely deaf? 🤣

Generally not but it has happened, and mostly during bow season.  When it happens they are coming up behind me while sitting in my treestand, but it has to be with dry leaves down to provide the crunch.

1 hour ago, dpete said:

Generally not but it has happened, and mostly during bow season.  When it happens they are coming up behind me while sitting in my treestand, but it has to be with dry leaves down to provide the crunch.

Maybe it is just because my area is full of oak trees that create a lot of crunch