• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Walker’s electronic ear muffs

shepp

33 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

You have to protect your hearing now after 40 yrs. of loud now this tinnitus is very fukin annoying. The high frequency pitch coming out of the vacuum system at a plastic Thermo plant red lined what was left. So your left with a high frequency hum, just something you learn to deal with. 

Already there

3 hours ago, unforgiven said:

You have to protect your hearing now after 40 yrs. of loud now this tinnitus is very fukin annoying. The high frequency pitch coming out of the vacuum system at a plastic Thermo plant red lined what was left. So your left with a high frequency hum, just something you learn to deal with. 

3 hours ago, shepp said:

Already there

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

Yup

Yeah. Same here. Working around screaming chillers and other large refrigeration equipment over the years has taken it's toll.

5 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Yeah. Same here. Working around screaming chillers and other large refrigeration equipment over the years has taken it's toll.

Exactly, multiple racks running 5-6 compressors has taken its toll. Along with duck hunting and loud music 

20 minutes ago, shepp said:

Actually thinking about the ear buds then I can wear them hunting too the videos say they use hearing aid tech 

For hunting, go cheap, brother.  Just run some SureFire EP3 Sonic Defenders earpro.  These guys:

EP3 Sonic Defenders<sup>®</sup>

@98Z5V those won’t work to well for hunting around Wisconsin. We usually hear deer long before we see them. It’s not like more open areas where you are glassing for animals.

Even in areas like mine where you can get some 300 yard shots sometimes, you will still hear the deer first because of the deciduous forests we have. The forest floor is noisy as hell. As a kid I was even taught to never even cover my ears with a hat in the cold for this very reason. It was always do nothing to impede your hearing. 

Have you tried those, though?  You can still hear through them, when you don't have them capped.  The only time I cap mine is when I'm shooting something CRAZY loud.  Otherwise, no caps needed, shooting - and you can still hear.  And it doesn't impede your cheek-to-stock weld.

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

@98Z5V those won’t work to well for hunting around Wisconsin. We usually hear deer long before we see them. It’s not like more open areas where you are glassing for animals.

Even in areas like mine where you can get some 300 yard shots sometimes, you will still hear the deer first because of the deciduous forests we have. The forest floor is noisy as hell. As a kid I was even taught to never even cover my ears with a hat in the cold for this very reason. It was always do nothing to impede your hearing. 

You been smoking that back woods meth? I’ve never ever ever fucking ever heard a deer come in. One time I swore to god that fucker grew right outta the ground! 

ive heard squirrels, I’ve heard rabbits, ive heard Fischer’s. I’ve never ever heard a deer 

34 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Have you tried those, though?  You can still hear through them, when you don't have them capped.  The only time I cap mine is when I'm shooting something CRAZY loud.  Otherwise, no caps needed, shooting - and you can still hear.  And it doesn't impede your cheek-to-stock weld.

I need something for duck hunting where we talk in the blind but shit! Birds! No time for plugs. That’s where I get burned the most and for 13$ I’ll try them. I’m still ordering some muffs. 

4 minutes ago, shepp said:

ive heard squirrels, I’ve heard rabbits, ive heard Fischer’s. I’ve never ever heard a deer 

That's only because those motherfuckers are pure evil, and they're stalking you directly to your death.  For real.

Trust me on that.  :thumbup:   FUK deer!   :thefinger:

16 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's only because those motherfuckers are pure evil, and they're stalking you directly to your death.  For real.

Trust me on that.  :thumbup:   FUK deer!   :thefinger:

Between then and bear, I don’t understand how a 200-450 pound animal can be so stealthy 

Just now, shepp said:

Between then and bear, I don’t understand how a 200-450 pound animal can be so stealthy 

For the deer, I know their trick - God made those fuckers in FDE.  That's their secret.  Same shiit with squirrels and rabbits - FDE.

The bears, I can't explain - especially if they're black bears.  God didn't like them very much, making them black.  That is a color that does NOT occur in nature, in vegetation, and it sucks in the woods - that color stands OUT in the woods, and it's even crazier in night vision - it glows in night vision...

Deer, rabbits and squirrels?  FDE.  We're not meant to find them.  They find US.  Especially those fuckin' deer.  :thefinger: