• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nice Piece of History!

FreQRiDeR

Depending on what year this "murge" took place most of the items on that rifle may not have been in production yet. 

Flat top uppers haven't been around all that long have they?  Or am I just having bad cases of CRS now that I collected my first SS check last month?

Matters not and I would get no pleasure researching it's authenticity and letting out the bad news as it's really not my style to pic apart the efforts of others.  The item will do that for itself.

If it's a "real deal" I'm happy for them, but at that price you aren't getting much for your money.....IMHO

I will also say that as soon as I saw the pics I wondered if any of it was OEM other than maybe the lower receiver.......

Looking at who is selling this I would say it is a legit deal. These guys bought up all sorts of rifles from Armalite before Mark Westrom sold it, betting that's when they got it. Sadly Iowa doesn't allow sales of FA to the public so I didn't even have to look. Wonder if @mrraley can enlighten us as to it's history, the flattop would make me think it was from around his time with the company.  

I too would be curious when the merge was, it may be all original but it's not very old. either way it's not worth 22 grand. it has a no reserve on it and only three days left. ya might bid 100 bucks and get it.lol  It has no bids yet, the no reserve has me believing it's not original. I could be out in left field too. i bet somebody here knows about it.

8 hours ago, FreQRiDeR said:

Starting bid 18k so that’s the reserve.

It's a rare receiver set/full gun.  That's awesome.

7 hours ago, FreQRiDeR said:

So Davenport, if someone from here buys it do I get a commish? 🤣

Yeah.  NO.  You posted it. 

That's where it's at.  Good game, though...  :thumbup:

On 5/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, Belt Fed said:

I have always wanted one of these little fellers. i got to shoot one years ago. one never come up for sale when i was buying.

Factory Original CZ VZ61 Skorpion Post May Machine Gun NO DEMO LETTER - Machine Guns at GunBroker.com : 901807697

We "confiscated" one of those from a drug lord in Panama in 1989 - but it was all gold-plated...   :laffs:

On 5/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, Belt Fed said:

I have always wanted one of these little fellers. i got to shoot one years ago. one never come up for sale when i was buying.

Factory Original CZ VZ61 Skorpion Post May Machine Gun NO DEMO LETTER - Machine Guns at GunBroker.com : 901807697

This one's mine, only semi auto 

sk61.jpg

On 5/25/2021 at 5:02 AM, Cliff R said:

1989.....the "invasion"?

I was there right before that.  Remember being in Rodman, Panama City, the airport, most everything else is a blur or I logged it in the CRS file someplace........

Indeed, my good man.  Bounced from Tocumen to Rio Hato, to David, into Panama City, then Cologne.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:19 AM, Cunuckgaucho said:

This one's mine, only semi auto 

sk61.jpg

That is nice, i'd take a semi one, the full autos are too expensive now. people are paying some crazy prices for that stuff. just seen where two MP5's went for 45 and 47 grand. that's insane.