• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

California slap down

I wasn’t aware of semi autos back in the 90s... What was the national gun act that was passed back then and then went cold in 95.  I’m sure it was something similar to the California laws( unconstitutional).  Can anyone enlighten me?  I did read the above article this morning, and am glad I have 1and 1/2 Swiss Army knives

7 hours ago, DustBuster said:

I wasn’t aware of semi autos back in the 90s... What was the national gun act that was passed back then and then went cold in 95.  I’m sure it was something similar to the California laws( unconstitutional).  Can anyone enlighten me?  I did read the above article this morning, and am glad I have 1and 1/2 Swiss Army knives

"Clinton Gun Ban".  Sunsetted in 2004. "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act" of 1994. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

16 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Sunsetted in 2004

Thanks... I edited some of the quote out, too much talk about non-crime reducing regulations will spark search engine results for up and coming anti-gun nazis.  As I was uninformed before and just barely heard mention of that old law as I was building my gun, the new crop of liberals on the other side of the spectrum might go ohhh” what a great law and let’s do it again”.

After I posted the question above, I typed into google” Obama era infringement on gun rights”. Then after seeing and reading the results, I typed “Clinton era ...........”. I read how the Justice department determined that sunsetted law did not help to reduce crime and murders.  You and some of the others here probably had hassles with your builds during that time.  

Anyway thanks for that link, I will read it, I think I like Armed Eye Docs video explanation enough to try and insert it into Wikipedia. I will have to consult with my Russian hackers because I don’t have wiki edit priveledes.

29 minutes ago, DustBuster said:

You and some of the others here probably had hassles with your builds during that time.  

Indeed, I did.  No collapsible stocks, no threaded barrels, etc.  Everything contained in that BS.  Still built guns.  Have one left from that era, that I only changed minor things on.  Since it's an unthreaded barrel, I converted it over to a dedicated .22LR AR. 

Obama was amazing for gun rights. 0 new infringements passed and a few old ones went away. Name another president with a better 2A record. 

Republicans hate your guns as much as democrats. Reagan and Bush did more damage than anyone with the help of the NRA. The safest place for us is an anti gun president with a demagogue majority in Congress who will shut down gun control to appease their base, not because they support the position. 

At this point, I'm hoping for a draconian across the board ban of everything. It may be the only thing to wake people up. This death by 1000 cuts WILL disarm us eventually. Massive outrage and non-compliance is needed, even if it means violence towards the takers ensues. Not one more inch. 

Edited by blue109

2 hours ago, blue109 said:

Obama was amazing for gun rights. 0 new infringements passed and a few old ones went away. Name another president with a better 2A record. 

Republicans hate your guns as much as democrats. Reagan and Bush did more damage than anyone with the help of the NRA. The safest place for us is an anti gun president with a demagogue majority in Congress who will shut down gun control to appease their base, not because they support the position. 

At this point, I'm hoping for a draconian across the board ban of everything. It may be the only thing to wake people up. This death by 1000 cuts WILL disarm us eventually. Massive outrage and non-compliance is needed, even if it means violence towards the takers ensues. Not one more inch. 

Amen! That's the truth on the ground, the reality of what they have done and do, not what they say the will do or claim they have done. LIBRTY FIRST!