• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another new guy!

mekks082

Hello all, new guy from the metro Colorado area.

I found this page via google search when looking for some info about my current build. I have owned and built many AR15s. Even worked at Remington/Bushmaster for awhile on the line.

This is my first AR .308 build, boy are these things fragmented!

Anyways, here is my build list. Muzzle device is sitting in FFL jail with the Sandman-S (Hopefully it clears before it starts snowing.)

Aero M5 upper/lower
SLR Helix 15" rail
Criterion 16" chrome lined mid length
SLR Sentry 7 gas block
Sharps rifle company DLC BCG
Larue MBT 2S
Aero LPK
BCM Mod 1 grip
Magpul CTR
Vltor A5 Buffer tube
XH 8.5oz Buffer
Springco ar10 red spring

hpDzDVL.jpg

Welcome from San Diego. Nice list of parts on there. Let us know how she functions.  My bet is damn near flawless out of the gate. Did you by any chance measure the gas port in that criterion barrel- for informations sake?

19 minutes ago, DNP said:

Welcome from San Diego. Nice list of parts on there. Let us know how she functions.  My bet is damn near flawless out of the gate. Did you by any chance measure the gas port in that criterion barrel- for informations sake?

I found his barrel - WHEW!  That is a bad bitch! :banana:

https://criterionbarrels.com/products/large-frame-ar/dpms-pattern-308-hybrid-barrel-mid-length-gas-chrome-lined/?v=7516fd43adaa

They don't state the gas port, but it's a 0.750" journal.  I know an 18" midlength 0.750" journal needs 0.080"~0.085" to run right (just run those at 0.085" and be done).  Drop 2" of dwell time on that combo, and you'll have to bump it another 0.005" in gas port diameter to make it run.  That thing needs to be running 0.090" on the gas port. My $0.02. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Will let you know how she runs once I figure out optics ect.

1 hour ago, DNP said:

I did not measure, Battery in my digital calipers died and i've been lazy.