• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DWAC "Trump" stock

blue109

A SPAC called Digital World Acquisition Co $DWAC-NYSE announced an agreement to merge with Trump's social media company and take it public on wed. Since then it cranked 1600% at one point. Had I been paying attention and threw $1000 on this when it started trending Wednesday, I could have paid my house off Friday lol. I usually scan Reddit trading rooms a few times a day but I haven't been in the mood to look at my red stocks lately and totally missed this ride lol. Usually after a run that hard, it would be silly to buy in, but all the media outlets just started talking about it this weekend, so it might still have room to fly. I'll probably throw $100 at it when the market opens. CNN and friends are trashing it saying it's just another meme stock....and it is...but the point is it's running just because it's Trump. They control the news. They control social media. They want you to think everyone hates Trump. Several HUGE hedge funds divested themselves of their DWAC holdings as soon as the announcement was made to show how woke they are. They lost BILLION$$$$$$. But more important, instead of the stock crashing with all those heavy hitters selling for literal pennies, it still ran harder than any SPAC in history from retail investors...from normal people who invested just because Trump's name is on it. You can't possibly send a clearer message than that, even if it crashes tomorrow. I love this ish. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/10/22/trump-social-media-spac-digital-world-acquisition-corp-surges-another-100percent.html

Edited by blue109

17 hours ago, blue109 said:

Several HUGE hedge funds divested themselves of their DWAC holdings as soon as the announcement was made to show how woke they are. They lost BILLION$$$$$$.

Billions of peoples pension funds anyway, be curious to see what some of the managers did with their personal trades. 

Combine Trump syndrome with a market experiencing irrational exuberance from all the cheap money and that had to happen.

43 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Billions of peoples pension funds anyway, be curious to see what some of the managers did with their personal trades. 

Combine Trump syndrome with a market experiencing irrational exuberance from all the cheap money and that had to happen.

Technically they didn't lose anything they just missed the gain. I'm sure all the traders patted themselves on the back for their show of wokeness and then immediately dumped their life savings into the SPAC lol. 

Edited by blue109

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

You guys may be morally against this one, but last November I bought Moderna at $89 and sold it this late summer at $329. Worked for me.

So you were financially motivated in your pro-vac stace?  And here I thought you really cared about us….lol. Good sell. 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:01 AM, Sisco said:

You guys may be morally against this one, but last November I bought Moderna at $89 and sold it this late summer at $329. Worked for me.

Never against the idea of making money. Smart investing is smart investing, period. That was a hell of a gain on that Al.

Biden will be happy to take his cut of it. :laffs:

44 minutes ago, jim3326 said:

I feel sorry for the man who pays no taxes, he's not making any money.

I would have nothing but admiration for the man that lived without paying taxes, it would not be an easy existence but the freedom from "money" as we know it today may just have it's own reward.