• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello, Newbie from Maryland

britx303

Yeah. I pretty much stay in the area only because of the job, and to watch over my aging parents for whenever they need help (they're both in their 80's down in Ocean City). Both my kids are grown and have punched out of the east coast. That's my plan too. Born, bred and grown up around here. Can't wait to get the hell outta here and never come back. The whole region is just way too toxic. Anything that touches DC gets infected by it's cancer.

But I'm nowhere near as bitter as I sound.

Sarcasm intended.

11 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Yeah. I pretty much stay in the area only because of the job, and to watch over my aging parents for whenever they need help (they're both in their 80's down in Ocean City). Both my kids are grown and have punched out of the east coast. That's my plan too. Born, bred and grown up around here. Can't wait to get the hell outta here and never come back. The whole region is just way too toxic. Anything that touches DC gets infected by it's cancer.

But I'm nowhere near as bitter as I sound.

Sarcasm intended.

Hear ya loud and clear............but Ive got 16 years to go at the new-ish job and then I can actually retire comfortably, but I want out now as well. Im born and bred in Annapolis, but cant stand that place even more than DC sadly. Its just a mess. Calvert is nice..........for now. The idiots that have moved in from all over the country for gubment jobs, seem hellbent on f*cking it up and trying to overgrow it in record time. I guarantee im more bitter than you sound:evil:

2 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I love a good challenge. :lmao:

8 hours ago, britx303 said:

I guarantee im more bitter than you sound:evil:

I have first hand knowledge of @Rsquared and his attitude of the area.  If you are anywhere close to his level, there must be something in the air around there that make y'all like that.  It could be all of the BS flying out of the government bureaucracy. 🐄💩

On 1/27/2022 at 8:42 PM, DNP said:

I was figuring it was just a lack of quality beer. It looks like MGD is all they can get over there and seems to really bring people down. 

I see what you did there smartass. And it's the beer that keeps some of us from going postal.

I mean, you've got the whole Cali thing happening.....but DC nonsense really tries your patience. In between insurrections and everything. :laffs:

36 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

So how does an Annapolis born and bred end up with @britx303 moniker? 

The X is for St.Andrew’s saltire of Scotland, and it’s centered between brit-303 the cartridge. Most of my family is from there. There and Ulster. My dads father was in a Scottish regiment during WW2 and a 303 was his rifle. I do not know the full details but after fighting in Europe, he was sent to Canada to do some type of military training and still had that rifle. He was allowed to keep it??? Then after release from the service he stayed in Canada briefly then moved to Annapolis. Then in 1989 he moved to Ulster/Northern Ireland and left the rifle with an uncle, who has since passed it on to me, but his memory of the details on keeping the rifle is vague, and my grandad passed away in ‘99 over in Ulster, so that bit of info is no longer available sadly. I’d like to know 100%. Plus by coincidence I had also already had another 303 no4 surplus rifle, years before I ever had any knowledge of the heirloomed 303. It was my first and 2nd rifles ever, and I enjoy shooting the caliber, besides the prices or non existence of ammo over the past couple of years. I sadly no longer have the surplus no4, but am keeping the heirloom 303 til I can no longer hold it! As far as the brit with the X combo, I was coming up with a cool design for stickers for my race bikes and wanted something 2a related and heritage related, and when I did the combo……it looked like it said Brit-X-303…….but with a big white X in the middle with the blue running behind the brit and 303, and it just kind of stuck. I do have that grandfather’s release paperwork in a family bible showing his regiment number and it’s relation to his location while in Canada. Will dig it up when I get a chance, because you’re a Canuck and I almost could have been. Sorry, if too long?😋

Hey, @britx303! First, welcome from Arkansas! Second, you don't have to give up that rifle if you can't hold it any more. Have someone you trust put it in your lap, point you at the invaders (whoever they may be), and perform rear guard duties. Make the front wave wish they were the REMFs! And we'll all meet in Valhalla (or wherever) to have a beer and toast each other.

All BS aside, welcome!

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hey, @britx303! First, welcome from Arkansas! Second, you don't have to give up that rifle if you can't hold it any more. Have someone you trust put it in your lap, point you at the invaders (whoever they may be), and perform rear guard duties. Make the front wave wish they were the REMFs! And we'll all meet in Valhalla (or wherever) to have a beer and toast each other.

All BS aside, welcome!

Thank you for the welcome!! My youngest daughter will be getting the 303……..she’s already claimed the mini14, all the 556 ARs,and well…….everything else:cool: 100% with ya on the rest:fullauto:😁

17 hours ago, britx303 said:

The X is for St.Andrew’s saltire of Scotland, and it’s centered between brit-303 the cartridge. Most of my family is from there. There and Ulster. My dads father was in a Scottish regiment during WW2 and a 303 was his rifle. I do not know the full details but after fighting in Europe, he was sent to Canada to do some type of military training and still had that rifle. He was allowed to keep it??? Then after release from the service he stayed in Canada briefly then moved to Annapolis. Then in 1989 he moved to Ulster/Northern Ireland and left the rifle with an uncle, who has since passed it on to me, but his memory of the details on keeping the rifle is vague, and my grandad passed away in ‘99 over in Ulster, so that bit of info is no longer available sadly. I’d like to know 100%. Plus by coincidence I had also already had another 303 no4 surplus rifle, years before I ever had any knowledge of the heirloomed 303. It was my first and 2nd rifles ever, and I enjoy shooting the caliber, besides the prices or non existence of ammo over the past couple of years. I sadly no longer have the surplus no4, but am keeping the heirloom 303 til I can no longer hold it! As far as the brit with the X combo, I was coming up with a cool design for stickers for my race bikes and wanted something 2a related and heritage related, and when I did the combo……it looked like it said Brit-X-303…….but with a big white X in the middle with the blue running behind the brit and 303, and it just kind of stuck. I do have that grandfather’s release paperwork in a family bible showing his regiment number and it’s relation to his location while in Canada. Will dig it up when I get a chance, because you’re a Canuck and I almost could have been. Sorry, if too long?😋

Great story

Be interesting to hear which regiment he served with, my background(father's side) is British but there is a connection to Clan MacTavish.