• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello, Newbie from Maryland

britx303

Hey, new guy from MD. Ive been roadracing motorcycles for 10 years now, and taking a hiatus from that to do more shooting again like I used to do alot more of pre-kids. Did alot of strongman and powerlifting meets before that, although ive now found myself back to happily lifting heavy again now that im off from racing. I found this place because I joined the "cheap" 308 idiot crew and started lurking here for info.............but I readily admit it to myself that it was going to be a headache......i'll be totally honest with myself. I dont mind..........ive done alot of vintage racing and thats a far bigger wad of cash down the toilet in the course of one weekend compared to playing and learning on a cheap 308, which ultimately has more value at the end of the day with what gets learned sorting out my rifles issues. Best case scenario with racing is I spend $1K bucks in a weekend and get a couple little 10 dollar trophies and some tire contingency. That being said, i accept my fate while also appreciating those that went the smarter route instead of being cheapasses..........like myself. So anyways, a little about myself. So Hey.

9 minutes ago, DNP said:

Apparently you share his cheap shots too. Welcome from San Diego. 

I didn’t mean anything negative towards Californians at all, more just a light hearted jab at our own messed up politics, just maybe came out wrong. Sorry bout that. Thank you for the welcome all the same🍻

1 hour ago, britx303 said:

I didn’t mean anything negative towards Californians at all, more just a light hearted jab at our own messed up politics, just maybe came out wrong. Sorry bout that. Thank you for the welcome all the same🍻

No worries at all. You’ll see there are plenty of jabs thrown around here…all in good fun.  I’m used to the Cali stuff…born and raised here. We’re in a constant battle with a few other state for who can have the most ridiculous gun laws.  

3 hours ago, DNP said:

No worries at all. You’ll see there are plenty of jabs thrown around here…all in good fun.  I’m used to the Cali stuff…born and raised here. We’re in a constant battle with a few other state for who can have the most ridiculous gun laws.  

Yep, we are one of those states here in the east. But we could be worse...........New Jersey, New York or Connecticut...........sorry in advance to any members from those places:bat:............

15 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Welcome aboard from another citizen of the peoples republic of Marylandstan.

PG? Do you have a place to stretch your rifles legs? The best we can find is Myrtle Grove, but its so damned hectic there 99% of the time we go. I used to go there ALOT circa 1999-2004, and it was so low key, and often nobody else there shooting. Then we've moved around 3 times, and now back in SoMD in calvert, and started shooting again, and a lot more over the past year and a half. Myrtle Grove is a mad house now, but its the best we can find that we can go on a regular basis if possible. Theres a farm over in Charles we can go.........but coordinating with the guy to take us on there is a chore in itself with various work schedules etc. 

Yeah. I'm in the occupied green zone of Pistol Grip county. Just a couple exits up from the redskins stadium. So yeah, it's kinda hood.......ish.

As far as shooting. I don't go to public ranges. I can barely stand the others at the private club/range that I belong to. When I do go, I usually wait until extremely cold/rainy days just to ensure even less of a chance of running across anybody. After all, the rifles don't care about the weather.

Well, I shouldn't say that I guess. I don't have anything against any of the other members of the club per se. I just don't prefer large crowds (or small ones for that matter). Especially when weapons are involved. That's not counting any of these jokers around here when we do our Arizona fall meet-ups. Which I've missed for the last 2 years. They're a blast....literally.

There's a reason they call me a hermit around here. Ha-Ha

8 hours ago, DNP said:

Apparently you share his cheap shots too.

Cheap? I find that offensive my man. I like to think that I throw nothing but top-shelf, high quality shots at people. :lmao:

1 minute ago, Rsquared said:

Cheap? I find that offensive my man. I like to think that I throw nothing but top-shelf, high quality shots at people. :lmao:

Fair enough. I was still a little off balance from the slap and couldn’t conjure up a more accurate response.