• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New/old member...Sorta.

arm_usa

Hey guys,been on the forum before a while ago but got busy in life(had a little baby girl this last Dec) and forgot my log in information. I wasn't very active and more of a lurker. I've built about 6 total 308AR's over the past 7 years. Built minimum of over 75 AR15's in the past 15 years aswell. Maybe more. 

I will be more active this time around and can't wait to start on another Aero lower i have. Just can't decide the direction im going to take it.

I live in Central AZ area wheres is smaller and not as big but i live close to Sedona area which is super touristy and liberal. You head down the road 25 miles and im in a po-dunk,hills have eyes spot that I love.

I will add if anyone is close and or wants to travel i have a BK 2209 sound meter setup for measuring gunshots/suppressed stuff. If anyone has  Form 1 or 4 suppressors and wants to see what it really does im just a drive away. 

On a side note,im a automotive mechanic by trade. from beginning of 2015 to the end of 2021 i had the luxury of working at a wildlife park as a mechanic and worked my way into working more with the big carnivores. I met my wife there and things just happened and we made it work. I was a dumb mechanic and she was a NAU grad and showed me the ropes of how to survive living with big cats. Sooo...im a animal person big time but PETA sucks ass and I do hunt because animals are also tasty. 

The wife and I. This dude Jabari (male lion 4 years old now) we hand raised along with his brother and his older sister. they all were rejected by mom and left for dead so we had to raise em'. Was a privilege being able to raise these lions for years and them accept us into their pride. His current weight im told by old co-workers is hovering around 480lbs still which is what he was in this picture.

215242515_561404085037073_5237048831080488618_n.jpg

Well, Welcome Aboard Again!   Glad you came back!  Big group of us south of Phx a little, we get together quite often.  A couple times a year, there's a whole bunch of us from this place that gather down here for a loooong weekend. 

Welcome @arm_usa from just north of Phoenix.  Hunter and former wrench turner.  Rumor is, I can shoot ok.  I've been up to your park a few times. Even had the opportunity to have a private, after hours tour from Dean, twice.  Helluva cool guy.  If you ever want to go pew, let me know and let's see what we can work out.  We have a somewhat secret spot down by Lake Pleasant that we can reach out to 1000 yds and our SDTF (Secret Desert Test Facility) that @98Z5V referenced is a ways south, where we can set up to a mile.  Just too damn hot right now to have any real fun.  Is it any cooler up there these days? I have a few toys and am actually very interested in running past that sound meter of yours for some real world results during "civilized" shooting.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, JBMatt said:

Welcome @arm_usa from just north of Phoenix.  Hunter and former wrench turner.  Rumor is, I can shoot ok.  I've been up to your park a few times. Even had the opportunity to have a private, after hours tour from Dean, twice.  Helluva cool guy.  If you ever want to go pew, let me know and let's see what we can work out.  We have a somewhat secret spot down by Lake Pleasant that we can reach out to 1000 yds and our SDTF (Secret Desert Test Facility) that @98Z5V referenced is a ways south, where we can set up to a mile.  Just too damn hot right now to have any real fun.  Is it any cooler up there these days? I have a few toys and am actually very interested in running past that sound meter of yours for some real world results during "civilized" shooting.

sounds awesome. Its def still hot up here but not phx hot. around 103-105 this year which is not as hot as some years but I will take it over 115+. just really humid which sucks ass. send me a message and we can meet up for sure down the road,exchange numbers,info,etc,etc. i love to meter sh!t. whatever you got lets do it.

Edited by arm_usa