• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Old shooter new to .308 gas platform and site

james heathcock

Hello everyone, sorta got the horse in front of the cart and made a few posts before my introduction sorry about that.  I was doing some research into .308 gas operated rifles and one of the links I clicked on directed me here.  Lots of experience here in many different areas, so I'm looking forward to being educated in the platform.  My experience is in bolt action rifles, and the M4 all civilian uses.  I want to thank all of you here who has Served Our Country and those who are currently in service!  

I have been in concrete construction for over 40 years and for the last 5 years operating heavy equipment.  Have had many passions in my lifetime but none lasting as long as the shooting sports which has landed me here.  I'm smart enough to know what I don't know so I bought my .308 completed, doubt if I will ever build a carbine length or rifle length platform.  Totally different beast and I'm learning as much as I can to safely load for and enjoy this new addition to my safe.  

• 2 weeks later...