Matt.Cross

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/23/2023 at 1:12 PM, Madhouse said:

Very cool Matt.  Something I've always wanted to do as well, just never got the gumption / right idea / time / insert excuse here.

Me too, I know exactly what you mean. I just am tired of being that guy, ready to move to the "try it out" phase. Have no clue what'll come of it, except the 100% certainty that I'll learn something that I never would've learned from not doing it.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:27 PM, DNP said:

Wait, you didn’t do a fictitious name search before you submitted?  What is this, your first time?!

Oh that's the best part...

It's the superscript "2" that proved too difficult for my benevolent .gov overlords. Since they can't figure out how to get it into their internal filings, they attempt "MC2" instead, and that's where the conflicts begin. So it was necessary to tack on additional words to differentiate my business name, 'cause asking a bureaucrat's minion to hold 'Alt' while typing '0178' on the number pad of a keyboard is altogether impossible.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:52 PM, 98Z5V said:

I just wanna know the fucker that's already got the original MC2 already taken...   :bat::box1:

Screenshot_20230428-001051.thumb.png.80e83c79e20c904daad1712f5ea8d85c.png

"MC2, Inc"

Note that it's not a superscript 2, nor is it an LLC which should suffice to differentiate, but noooo, it's a conflict...

Oh, I did business name lookups before choosing, the website flagged exactly ZERO conflicts with registered business names.

No surprises in the folks programming the website being smarter than the desk jockeys, but still...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 10:46 PM, Rsquared said:

That's fuking OUTSTANDING brother. Just remember all of us little guys once you make it big.

Oh, and I've still got the full size Atlas metal lathe with your name on it sitting in my basement, waiting for you.

I haven't forgotten it, and it means the world to me! Someone asked me what is the first machine I would buy for the company, and I told them that my first machine is already waiting for delivery.