• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CBS report triggers new legislation to ban California’s ‘Bullet Button’

The modification has allowed military style rifles like the AR-15 to proliferate in the state, something Senator Yee said has got to stop.

“It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear, there is no debate, no discussion,” said Yee.

That’s why the Senator is introducing a bill to ban the bullet button.

“What I am proposing is to essentially prevent any mechanism that would allow the conversion of an assault weapon into a way that you can fire these magazines upon magazines without effort,” he said.

The senator’s bill is already in the cross-hairs of the Calguns Foundation, the state’s leading gun rights group.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7307628

“It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear, there is no debate, no discussion,” said Yee.

I think that says what he really means.

No debate, no discussion, the ruling class has spoken. 

My son lives in Laguna Beach and we built an AR for him with that stupid bullet button.  The government there is the one who decided that's what they'd need to keep the civilians 'safe' and also inflicted a 10 round max magazine limit.  The fact is that most of the guys there have learned to live with it and can do quick mag changes just as easily as us. The 'bullet button' is recessed to a sleeve. You need a projectile (tool) to stick into the sleeve to release the mag.  So, some guys wear 'rings' that have the tip of a bullet mounted on it.  Voila! A quick flick of your finger and the mad drops free.  So, since that's been discovered, Yee just wants those EBRs to be confiscated.  Good luck with that!

Rome

There is a guy at the Cali gun shows that sells gloves with a plastic nipple sewn to the tip of the middle finger.

I've lived in CA all my life. I was raised in a MIL/LE influenced household. I have been in LE myself for about ten years. I think the whole premise for the AW law is stupid. There are other ways to restrict purchasing and enforce laws that won't hinder law abiding citizens.

When I lived in California, I was required to fire fully automatic weapons every day!  I guess that was just a local rule at Ft. Ord!  Seriously, though; get out of there. We have no firearms restrictions in Texas and plenty of room and jobs for you here.

Make no mistake no open carry is a restriction.

SEE ABOVE POST FOR PETITION

This is the bill SB249 (YEE) Take a look..

SB 249 (Yee)

Firearms: assault weapon conversion kits.

Existing law, with certain exceptions, prohibits the possession of an assault weapon, as defined, and makes violations subject to criminal penalties.

This bill would, commencing July 1, 2013, and with certain exceptions, prohibit any person from importing, making, selling, loaning, transferring, or possessing any conversion kit, as defined, designed to convert certain firearms with a fixed magazine into firearms with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other features making the firearm an assault weapon and would make violations subject to criminal penalties. By creating new crimes, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

Existing law makes possession of an assault weapon a public nuisance, authorizes the Attorney General, district attorney, or city attorney to bring a civil action to enjoin possession of the weapon, authorizes imposition of a civil fine, and, with certain exceptions, requires disposition of the weapon by sale at public auction or by destruction.

This bill would, commencing July 1, 2013, make possession of a conversion kit a public nuisance, would authorize a civil action to enjoin possession of a conversion kit, would authorize imposition of a civil fine, and, with certain exceptions, would, similarly, require disposition of the conversion kit.

Existing law authorizes a person to arrange in advance to relinquish an assault weapon to a police or sheriff’s department.

This bill would authorize a person to arrange in advance to relinquish a conversion kit to a police or sheriff’s department.

The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.

This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required by this act for a specified reason.

Do you need a bullet button on a pre ban lower?

No, if you registered an AW before the ban, you don't need to modify it. In California you cannot transfer AW in state. It would have to be sold out of state or modified into a legal rifle.

*slight correction; you can transfer AW to those exempt from the law (ie: certain LEO)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow. hard to keep track!  well figure out a way for me to sell you my ugly duckling pre-ban lower next time you pass through AZ lol.

He still wouldn't be able to do anything with the pre-ban lower - he had to have it, and further have it registered in Cali, before their state weapons ban went into effect.

That's the reason I'm trying to get him to move to AZ...  ;D <lmao> <munch>

i sold that beast and bought myself a FN PBR to play with :) my first "nice" bolt gun :)

We now need to get some "local bolt gun frenzy" going, man!  Marana or the SV range - either way is good with me.  I think we need to include planeflyer in the mix, or he's gonna be mad at us...  <dontknow> ;D