Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well brothers birds in the green mountain....10lb baby...stuffed wih Chars celerey and spices  injected with butter ... rubbed with butter under skin used oakridge bird rub and some cupaberi crap...over a water bath of spices at 325 till internal is 165..using pecan pellets       :banana:   Wash

Well the mofo wont let me upload  WTF?

20171123_131714.jpg

20171123_132222.jpg

20171123_134239.jpg

20171123_135646.jpg

Edited by washguy

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Well brothers birds in the green mountain....10lb baby...stuffed wih Chars celerey and spices  injected with butter ... rubbed with butter under skin used oakridge bird rub and some cupaberi crap...over a water bath of spices at 325 till internal is 165..using pecan pellets       :banana:   Wash

Well the mofo wont let me upload  WTF?

20171123_131714.jpg

20171123_132222.jpg

20171123_134239.jpg

20171123_135646.jpg

Looks great Wash!! Just ate a bunch of bird, sent the son home with a bunch of leftovers, and watched my team beat Detroit! 

I stuffed mine with lemons oranges apples garlic thyme and sage tossed in olive oil I do the same when I some chickens

rubbed with meat heads simon and Garfunkel rub and also did his gravy recipe.  

Turned out super juicy all things considering today. Bringing all the odds and ends Home to make stock this weekend

sorry no pix Dad carved it before I got to it

1 hour ago, sketch said:

mom tried a new oaster toaster and let it go until it was 200* ugh i couldnt even carve it! glad i had an ass load of eggs and potatoes to fill the Turkey void! even the small ham was ehh. next year i take over the bird!

Omg! That sucks USDA says 165 is safe, Dad pulled ours at 168 thing was so juicy.

Pick up my new Daniel Boone green mountain smoker Monday night. Shouldn’t really be spending the money right now, but I’m gonna spend the money on it in feb jan might as well buy it now and save the 200$ 

im gonna get the WiFi wash we’ll see how it goes, kinda like the idea of monitoring it all off my phone

32 minutes ago, shepp said:

Pick up my new Daniel Boone green mountain smoker Monday night. Shouldn’t really be spending the money right now, but I’m gonna spend the money on it in feb jan might as well buy it now and save the 200$ 

im gonna get the WiFi wash we’ll see how it goes, kinda like the idea of monitoring it all off my phone

WHOOO  HOOOOO    yipppeee  that's how you make money brother  spend n'save        :thumbup:   Wash

Daaamn...im gonna retrofit to wifi since my igrill remote died on turkey day.... yes I am I can get wifi upgrade board for about the same as a remote igrill temp pc probe.......Shepp send me your board before you fire it up and ill send you mine:laffs:     Wash

she is not a grill meister just yet

Edited by washguy

This has turned into a thanksgiving tradition for me while watching college football. Takes some time but not a lot of work. 

Take all your bones liquid and what not put in a 12qt pot with carrots onion leek celery parsley thyme and bay leaf throw in a hand full of pepper corns and I put in two dried jalapeños. Slow roll simmer 6-8 hours remove the soild and strain, put the pot of liquid into an ice bath then refrigerate. Next day skim off the fat and warm up put in jars and process in the pressure canner 

A79AB462-1B48-4667-AF5E-A425940992FE.jpeg

1C33D466-EAE6-45EE-B0E3-8E9B74203347.jpeg

900A1F26-E72D-42C5-802F-FB9F9F09FF03.jpeg

CFC9C2A1-8421-4247-B5BA-B36F16F289A6.jpeg

13 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Sweet same size as the one I have. Get the blanket to cold when it gets cold out and you don't use as much fuel. the recipes in the book work also. You can tweak them later.

Plan on the blanket, probably after Christmas thanks

what temp you guys start using it? 

Edited by shepp

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic