imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Not really grilling but I suppose you could do it on the grill. Frying fish is great and all but it's kinda a pain the other night I googled "baked blue gill fillets" and this is what I came up with:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bluegill-parmesan

Trying to cut out the bad stuff when I can so instead of butter I used olive oil, I told seasprite I'd also cut back on the herbs next time, they were good, but over powdered the flavor of the fish. A little dryer then fried but not bad at all, watch it around the 7-10 min mark so it's not over dry

post-12796-0-01512700-1396799676_thumb.j

post-12796-0-17442100-1396799694_thumb.j

Shepp get ya some kikkoman Panko mix/flour its awesome on chicken/fish we just started using it a couple of weeks ago......super crispy We rubbed our ribs last nite for smokin today,but its raining cats and dogs right now.....so we are screwed :) Wash

Shepp get ya some kikkoman Panko mix/flour its awesome on chicken/fish we just started using it a couple of weeks ago......super crispy We rubbed our ribs last nite for smokin today,but its raining cats and dogs right now.....so we are screwed :) Wash

I use panko to bread everything :)

Well it was such a nice day today I had to fire up the grill and try this today. post-12828-0-82521800-1396833830_thumb.j Had a small bag of fish that I wanted to try this marinade on its Garozzo's Amogio and has this listed for ingredients: soybean oil, water, garlic, lemon juice concentrate, olive oil, salt and spices. Put the fillets in a bag with the marinade post-12828-0-57226600-1396833867_thumb.j then went to fire up the grill post-12828-0-53621500-1396833934_thumb.j After that I put the fish on post-12828-0-61201100-1396834016_thumb.j and after a few minutes they were done post-12828-0-77803900-1396834043_thumb.j

The fish were delicious and flaky not dry at all. I'm thinking about adding some bread crumbs next time so the fish doesn't fall apart when I turn it.   

Oh and Shepp those look darn tasty I'm going to have to try that recipe  <thumbsup>

Well it was such a nice day today I had to fire up the grill and try this today. DSCF0534.JPG Had a small bag of fish that I wanted to try this marinade on its Garozzo's Amogio and has this listed for ingredients: soybean oil, water, garlic, lemon juice concentrate, olive oil, salt and spices. Put the fillets in a bag with the marinade DSCF0535.JPG then went to fire up the grill DSCF0536.JPG After that I put the fish on DSCF0537.JPG and after a few minutes they were done DSCF0538.JPG

The fish were delicious and flaky not dry at all. I'm thinking about adding some bread crumbs next time so the fish doesn't fall apart when I turn it.

Oh and Shepp those look darn tasty I'm going to have to try that recipe <thumbsup>

I had a few left over so this morning I had gills eggs and hashbrowns. Cooked the gills in a foil bag in the oven with olive oil and garlic salt at 350 for 10 min it was great!!!

Sprite, that looks awesome! Panko, panko's the best!!!

Well last saturday nite we prepped 2 racks of ribs for sunday....yikes rainout on sunday...so the racks marinated until monday

fired up the smoke daddy along with the green mountain smoker.....4 hours at 220 spritzing apple juice every hour

foiled em for 1 hour with apple juice and cranked up the heat to 250......tasty... dont need no stinkin sauce....Ha     :) Wash

IMG_1123_zpsdb5373c2.jpg

IMG_1124_zps7be9c0c4.jpg

Bueaty bro,I would rather have no sauce.Midas likes with.That's why it's always a 2 rack min. <thumbsup>  It's finnally nice out got to take the GM for a spin. ^-^

Did the gmg give you any probs? Bro...that keeps me up at nite worrying bout your smoker...lol

:) Wash

• 2 weeks later...

Nice,didn't get pic's of yesterdays meal cause of savages/family tore that $hit up.I told them all "eat before you come over".Was leg of lamb [buterrflted off bone],fried chicken,ham,sausage,and pulled pork for meat.Asparagus,broccoli,poto salad,mac & chesse,and more mixed veggies.

Down to my last four steaks from our cow we bought last year. I have the butcher cut them 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick for the T Bones.. Each one weighs in around 30 ounces. Next time I grill I will take a picture of the monsters. Got another whole bessie on order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • shepp locked and unlocked this topic