• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

Haha I love that movie!! Thanks wash I got me some hickory chunks.

Now your'e smokin ! hickory and brisket is perfect...so,did ya get the smoke thingy worked out?

one more thing....brisket is the hardest thing to smoke and have it come out good...took me more than several brisket smokes to get it right......gotta have a thermometer to check internal meat temp

195/200 is what you are wanting... time wise....Char always tells me...its done when its done :) Wash

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now your'e smokin ! hickory and brisket is perfect...so,did ya get the smoke thingy worked out?

one more thing....brisket is the hardest thing to smoke and have it come out good...took me more than several brisket smokes to get it right......gotta have a thermometer to check internal meat temp

195/200 is what you are wanting... time wise....Char always tells me...its done when its done :) Wash

Yup smoking us about temp not time

It's at 160- about 3 hours in having a day making smoke work !! Need to pull the trigger soon! Pix later.[/quote/)

It stalls at 160 for a bit....hang in there. :) wash

Dont pull it off till 200. Go ahead and foil it now that will cook it faster
you are done with the smoke....put some juicemix in the foil to moisten it up while its cookin in the foil...meat always stalls at 160 for a bit...then it takes off again
Edited by washguy

It really stalled at 160 temp has been difficult with lp propped the lid an inch so I could get temp to 225_250 I'm going all in a

on a smoker !! I can smell it now mmmmm ! 200' ok here goes last stretch !!thanks so much wash!

It really stalled at 160 temp has been difficult with lp propped the lid an inch so I could get temp to 225_250 I'm going all in a

on a smoker !! I can smell it now mmmmm ! 200' ok here goes last stretch !!thanks so much wash!

That stalls such a pita ain't it! Never know how long it's going to last then boom she starts climbing again! Your on the home stretch sketch!!

Nope no skin or scales left looks like the foil it is. I fry them all the time just wanted to try something different with them, not that I'm tired of eating them fried. In fact let me get my recipe for fried crappie and post here its a beer batter.

1 box of golden dipt beer batter by McCormick

2 tbls lemon pepper season

1 ts    garlic powder

1 ts    paprika

1/2 ts pepper

1/2 ts season salt (lawry's)

1 bottle of pale ale

I'll put all the spices and batter mix in a zip lock bag mix together then I'll take what I need for the the fillets and put the rest back till latter since I'm the only one that eats fish in my family.

Mix the batter mix with just enough beer until its the right thickness for you.

Heat electric skillet to 350* with enough oil to fry fish until golden brown and enjoy 

I'll get some out this week and fry so I post a pic for you guy's and trust me, make sure you make enough because you won't be able to stop a couple of fillets.

I used this again tonight - it's so damn good!!!   :hethan:

• 4 weeks later...

Ribs "Rene Style"

slather mustard and oakridge rub night brfore

smoker at 275.....smoke 4 hours spritz with Apple /mango just a lil....leave em alone dont wrap dont foil

nuthin......take em off when they pass the limp wiener test :) Wash

post-11787-0-10887100-1408921514_thumb.jpost-11787-0-45384900-1408921566_thumb.jpost-11787-0-94742000-1408921674_thumb.j

Edited by washguy

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic