Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shep, did you desalinate at all after brining?  Try soaking in water fro 8 hours after you brine next time. It will take a lot of the salt out. The salt is needed during the brining, but you can remove it before you smoke it. Change the water a couple times while it desalinates. Looks good man. 

4 hours ago, DNP said:

Shep, did you desalinate at all after brining?  Try soaking in water fro 8 hours after you brine next time. It will take a lot of the salt out. The salt is needed during the brining, but you can remove it before you smoke it. Change the water a couple times while it desalinates. Looks good man. 

I did not, amazing ribs said to do it my book didn't, I wanted to get it smoked so I didn't do it. I will for sure next time. The one that vac sealed in rub, I think I'm going to rinse it and soak it then vac seal it again. Other than the salt it's amazing, the texture and spices in the rub are awesome

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, washguy said:

Deathdust....you know you have enough on the meat when your nose is running

Thought i had a lifetime bagful...but im almost out...daaamn thats some good heat.   Wash

I just regained feeling in my lips

Edited by shepp

38 minutes ago, washguy said:

Wash your hands....dont get the dust in your eyes.....ask me how I know

Lol.       Wash

Remember that chipotle powder I sent you? When I make it in the coffee grinder I have to wear a mask and goggles, ask me  how I know lol 

1 minute ago, shepp said:

Remember that chipotle powder I sent you? When I make it in the coffee grinder I have to wear a mask and goggles, ask me  how I know lol 

I usually use power free gloves when working with hot stuff when I cut peppers for salsa I wear them. My jalapeños have been the hottest ever this year be interesting to see how hot my hobenaros are. Tooth paste works good to wash your hands with most of it has baking soda in it. 

53 minutes ago, shepp said:

I usually use power free gloves when working with hot stuff when I cut peppers for salsa I wear them. My jalapeños have been the hottest ever this year be interesting to see how hot my hobenaros are. Tooth paste works good to wash your hands with most of it has baking soda in it. 

Damn good idea you got Shepp....toothpaste no crap....awesome....10 -4 on the chipotle powder ...got yours right on the front shelf...good stuff

Wash

Scored a good deal tonight. Was grocery shopping and cruised through the meats section. They had a few different cuts thin sliced in packs of about a pound. Found some eye of round ranging from $10-14 a pack and they were buy one get one free. Noticed the sell through date was today and figured it was worth asking the guy at the meat counter if he'd discount em down a little more as it was 8PM on the sell by date. He had six packs and I told him for a good deal I'd take 4. He slapped some $4 off stickers on em which should have worked out to 4$ off each set of two, but the checker rang it up as $16 off. Wound up with 3lb10oz for about $10!  They're sitting in some jerky juice right now and I'll dry em out on the smoker tomorrow. Yum!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On August 25, 2016 at 10:27 PM, DNP said:

You do oil and habañero on this wings?  And the less water peppers get the hotter they are. You want less heat...over water. So I've been told. 

I did 1/3c:oil :1/3c rub as I only had 3 drummies. The receipt called for sprinkling again after pulling from the oil I skipped that step. 

Ive heard that about watering too idk if I believe it.

awesome deal in the meat what did you marinade with?

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Great find!   Speaking of jerky....tonite was it......eye of Willie.....all I can say was Wow....marinade injection was spot on......    :banana:.    Wash

Baby butt today 5lb. Oakridge  rub pecan pellets. 250 till 200 internal

VZM.IMG_20160828_161736.jpg

Man I have got to get a smoker. Wash that looks awesome!

22 minutes ago, beantown said:

Man I have got to get a smoker. Wash that looks awesome!

Great find!   Speaking of jerky....tonite was it......eye of Willie.....all I can say was Wow....marinade injection was spot on......    :banana:.    Wash

Baby butt today 5lb. Oakridge  rub pecan pellets. 250 till 200 internal

Get ya a smoker      

20160828_181325.jpg

20160828_181535.jpg

35 minutes ago, DNP said:

Shep, I skip the extra death dust too. It's hot enough already!

jerky marinade: Newcastle,  Worcestershire, soy, pepper, garlic, onion, coriander, ancho chile. 

We'll see how it goes

No curing salt or meat tenderizer?

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic