Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took a can of pineapple chunks, ate about half of them :D but used the rest and all the juice, a can of mango nectar, started those boiling. Chopped and added all the peppers, some cilantro, ,some garlic, salt, a little bit of vinegar, some lemon juice, some added sugar. Let it simmer an hour or so, then ran an immersion blender through it and let it continue to simmer down to where it got to the thickness I wanted it (sort of wing tossing sauce grade). Its hotter as a sauce than the buffalo wild wings mango habanero but fairly close (not quite flavor wise, but hotness wise).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, DNP said:

Anybody who is anybody....already got that email. :cool:

turkey ey day is tomorrow for us out here in the dunes. Waiting on TomAss to get out here. 

Today was wings 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I know, but I figured I would share! Those look good I cut some death dust with some secret weapon on some chicken boob the other night ????

It is a Traeger. It works great and does a fine job, but I would seriously consider some of the others unless you're getting a deal you can't pass up. I don't think the traeger gets as hot as some of them and there have been some issues with the controls, but I think they have resolved that in the newer ones. Guys like their green mountain grills and pellet pro has some nice options. 

Edited by DNP

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Green Mountain 150* - 500* I love that grill.

Yep... its badazz...customer service is outstanding... mine is 6 yrs old and a firebox fan finally went out...called em and they sent me a firbox fan and hpper fan..no charge...wouldnt let me even pay for shipping    ..Wash

1/2 way done......my final pic is a dark crispy bird...im lookin for it....juicy on the inside  pulled at 165 breast temp  smoked at 325 with hickory and pecan...even used the smoke daddy for xtra smoke...used applewood in it

20161124_172649.jpg

20161124_134234.jpg

Edited by washguy

4 hours ago, washguy said:

Yep... its badazz...customer service is outstanding... mine is 6 yrs old and a firebox fan finally went out...called em and they sent me a firbox fan and hpper fan..no charge...wouldnt let me even pay for shipping    ..Wash

1/2 way done......my final pic is a dark crispy bird...im lookin for it....juicy on the inside  pulled at 165 breast temp  smoked at 325 with hickory and pecan...even used the smoke daddy for xtra smoke...used applewood in it

20161124_172649.jpg

20161124_134234.jpg

Nice looking bird Wash, Did you get it all eaten?

Made a big pot of stock while watching football today, If you have a pressure canner you can can it, if not freeze it. Smoked turkey/chicken remains make awesome stock for chili or soup.

take all your left overs after you've picked the meat off, bones, skin, giblets (minus liver) break up if need be

put it in a pot with a coupe carrots and parsnip unskun and washed, one onion quartered with skin on, fresh parsley and tyme, few sticks of celery (with leaves) few Bay leaves, pepper corns and few cloves of garlic 

cover completely with water and simmer all day when done pull out large bits and strain (I like to cool it put it in the fridge over night then skim the fat off the top once it hardens). 

IMG_4829.JPG

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:16 PM, unforgiven said:

Deep fry a bird next year is on my to do list.

That's a big thing down here. It produces a wonderful bird, but is very non-cost-effective unless you get several families together to share the cost of the peanut oil and someone already has a large deep fryer.

First time I ever had a deep fried turkey was in Africa in the spring. We got a shipment of turkeys in with our other supplies, and one of the contractors had the equipment. I thought it sounded weird to deep fry a bird, especially as a Yankee who had always had a roast turkey up to that moment. Was I ever wrong! If you've never had a well-seasoned, Cajun fried turkey you are really missing out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mrmac      Merry Christmas to you and your family!   looks like a traeger clone....you can get a traeger for almost the same price...im not a big fan of traegers though...I think if they have their  flame  out and wild temp variations worked out in the latest models they would be gtg..... Wash

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic