imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:16 PM, shepp said:

I usually use power free gloves when working with hot stuff when I cut peppers for salsa I wear them. My jalapeños have been the hottest ever this year be interesting to see how hot my hobenaros are. Tooth paste works good to wash your hands with most of it has baking soda in it. 

I was wearing the nitrile gloves cutting up a fatali pepper, this is the first year I actually got some off any pepper plant (I tend to kill them off)

WP_20160804_11_27_26_RichSM.jpg

Decided to try a different chicken brine for a bird I'm going to smoke tomorrow, smells really really good

image.png

Up up to the lemon for the brine, then I'll smoke it how I normally do, oh and then pull the onion apple lemon and garlic out and stuff the bird with it when smoking which I usually use a similar mixture to that anyways

Edited by shepp

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shepp said:

Think I'm gonna try my own death dust gonna see if mom will make me some jalapeño jam too

habanero's in the front jalapeños in the back....

IMG_4182.JPG

Shepp    Great harvest brother! I eat jalapeno jam most every day...but it wont compete with yours...my store bought jam is pricey ,and ive yet to find the best one       Wash

20 minutes ago, washguy said:

Shepp    Great harvest brother! I eat jalapeno jam most every day...but it wont compete with yours...my store bought jam is pricey ,and ive yet to find the best one       Wash

If it turns out I'll send you some the last batch I made last year turned out more like jalapeño glaze, my mom makes jam all the time so I'm going to ask her.

19 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I wish I could grow stuff. I don't have a green thumb though, I'm more of a destroyer than grower. lol.

We call that a black thumb

52 minutes ago, EasyEJL said:

I managed to make around a quart of hot sauce from the 5 fatally peppers and assorted other not super hot peppers I managed to grow this year. turned out nice, tossed some wings in it last week

How did you go about doing that?

Found three hot sauce recipes I'm gonna try in the next week 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20896/jalapeno-hot-sauce/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.food.com/amp/recipe/belizean-style-habanero-sauce-hot-sauce-440697?client=safari

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/homemade-red-hot-sauce-recipe.amp.html?client=safari

plus I gave my mom a big bowl of jalapeños to make jelly tomorrow @washguy if it turns out I'll mail you some. I think we figured out why mine didn't turn out, I made a double batch and she told me that's a no no when making jelly 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic