• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

The Costco Business center by my office has one for about $1200. Having a really hard time pulling the trigger, but I've looked at it about 5 times now. I looked at a bunch at bass pro and they all seemed a little cheesy. The one at Costco reminds me of the ones we used for the deli when I worked for a butcher in back high school. Really solid. Really easy to pop apart and clean. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, DNP said:

The Costco Business center by my office has one for about $1200. Having a really hard time pulling the trigger, but I've looked at it about 5 times now. I looked at a bunch at bass pro and they all seemed a little cheesy. The one at Costco reminds me of the ones we used for the deli when I worked for a butcher in back high school. Really solid. Really easy to pop apart and clean. 

Are there restaurant suppliers in your area?  The small Mom & Pop ones around here have screaming deals on industrial restaurant grade stuff.

One went so far as to give us the name of one of his suppliers, said to call and tell them it doesn't need to be certified (something like NRC or NHC certified).  Apparently that certification doubles or triples the price of equipment, which of course is mandated to be used in a restaurant.

9 hours ago, DNP said:

Yea don't need to be that much lol, my parents have one of the sporting goods store ones, the amount they've used it it works good. They got sick of me taking it so they bought me a a cheaper one and it was junk, the slide was crappy and I ended up burning up the motor on it last year

3 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Are there restaurant suppliers in your area?  The small Mom & Pop ones around here have screaming deals on industrial restaurant grade stuff.

One went so far as to give us the name of one of his suppliers, said to call and tell them it doesn't need to be certified (something like NRC or NHC certified).  Apparently that certification doubles or triples the price of equipment, which of course is mandated to be used in a restaurant.

Excellent tip. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Yea don't need to be that much lol, my parents have one of the sporting goods store ones, the amount they've used it it works good. They got sick of me taking it so they bought me a a cheaper one and it was junk, the slide was crappy and I ended up burning up the motor on it last year

I have a cheap one and your right. Get a better quality one. I am still looking.

• 1 month later...

It is smelt season up here, a time of all you can eat greasy fish fries. Tried something new. Got some cleaned smelt, rinsed in lemon juice then water and dried, coated with olive oil and sea salt and grilled on skewers over an open flame. Delicious! Just like Spanish street food!

20170419_172203.jpg

37 minutes ago, Sisco said:

It is smelt season up here, a time of all you can eat greasy fish fries. Tried something new. Got some cleaned smelt, rinsed in lemon juice then water and dried, coated with olive oil and sea salt and grilled on skewers over an open flame. Delicious! Just like Spanish street food!

Ok this is where I get off the bus.....smelt/fishbait......puke      :laffs:   Wash

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, shepp said:

Kinda grilled 

flank rubbed in oak ridge Santa Maria broiled 4:30 flipped broiled 5 min coulda gone 5 and 5 

IMG_6736.JPG

IMG_6738.JPG

That asparagus grabbed my attention , patch at home is in full swing and I won't be home to enjoy it for another week and a half. Hope it's a long season this year!:drool:

17 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

That asparagus grabbed my attention , patch at home is in full swing and I won't be home to enjoy it for another week and a half. Hope it's a long season this year!:drool:

Been eatting the shit outta it, there's a place not far that seeks it very reasonably they have about a 3 acre patch of it!!! Morals should be popping any day now too

23 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Up here we look for last years prescribed burns. Always a bunch of morels coming up the next year. Really like Santa Maria tri tip. Don't find that cut much in the midwest, more a California type thing.

I was really surprised I was at a festival foods (they're outta the fox river valley area but been expanding south) they had tri tip. I'm gonna hit up dnp this summer and smoke one. 

Ive never heard that, dead elms and some overs but they're so mysterious it's crazy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Made barbacoa again for my moms family 3# chuck roast and I had 2 pounds of pork shoulder vac sealed in the freezer. Think the pork picked up more flavor not sure why, both where fatty. I just snuck in the fridge and was snacking and the pork tastes way better than the beef, only difference is the rub

Yep  The rub truly will make it or break it

We had wings and drummies...used the small batch Crucible ghost chile rub on the wings....Im thinkin i like death dust more or it was me being a puss and not going heavy with  Crucible ?  Wash

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic