Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not surprised. We had to re-design a bunch of storm drain for an apartment complex. Apparently many of the tenants who had come from other countries thought the grates were for cooking and would build fires inside of the plastic pipes with whatever fence they could tear down nearby. We had recommended concrete pipes in the beginning. 

On July 18, 2016 at 5:21 AM, DNP said:

I am not surprised. We had to re-design a bunch of storm drain for an apartment complex. Apparently many of the tenants who had come from other countries thought the grates were for cooking and would build fires inside of the plastic pipes with whatever fence they could tear down nearby. We had recommended concrete pipes in the beginning. 

Your job security is this and not moving? Man you must be hireing and im exspensive! 

Edited by sketch
Shits.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, washguy said:

So now its corned beef right?    whats it taste like?  corned beef im sure  :banana:    Wash

Yes it's "Corning" right now I would hope so lol. I'm thinking of smoking one for pastrami and seeing how the other tastes as "corned beef" 

2 hours ago, DNP said:

I'm cheating for that part. Soak this bad boy in water for 1 hr. Rub it, and get it in the smoker. 

image.jpeg

What did you rub it with? Coriander and pepper? 

Side note, my buddy used the oak ridge brine as a injection today said it turned out pretty good: 

I took two cups of water. 1/4c of game changer brine 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar some sugar and brown sugar. Boiled it until all dissolved. Then I didn't have time to cool it so I put 2 cups of ice in it to quick cool. 

Using the recipe from amazing ribs. Mainly pepper and coriander, but he has some other crap in there too. I'm rushing the process. Only doing 4-5 hours of desalination in cold water. Changed the water half way through to help. And it won't get two days in the fridge with the rub on. Hoping to get 12 hours though. Don't know if I'll cook to 150 and then steam it, or if I'll just cook it to 203. 

You two are some kinda briners. Lol

I still havnt brined yet...geez  had pork loin couple nights ago  tasty used up the last of the oakridge chicken /pork rub..just ordered more...was gonna do a butt...but used up the oakridge...hmmm what to use?       Wash

Why wont the pics upload?   Sunofabitch

Very nice Sketch.  

Might have to to back off the rub a little on the next attempt.  And may soak a little longer  I rushed the process as usual.  Only soaked for 4 hours to remove salt from corned beef.  Rubbed and had in Refridgerator for 11 hours instead of "a day or two".  Smoked at 225 for about 9 hours and pulled off at 202 internal.

image.jpeg

Salt wasn't too bad.  A little longer soak next time might dull it down a bit more though There was none in the rub, so that didn't hurt it any.  I went a little heavy putting he rub on, so there was a bit too much pepper in the final product. Taking some to work today, will see how it is for round two. 

Edited by DNP

I had a funny grilling experience. I was doing some rubbed chicken quarters on the grill and it kept flaming up bad. so I hit it with a spritz from the hose, which I didn't realize killed all the burners (gas). 15 minutes later i'm wondering whats going on, relight it. a few minutes later, the same thing, but I realize the burners aren't on much sooner. Repeat this over and over, with it ending up taking over an hour and a half for the damned quarters to cook through. But... they were absolutely fantastic :D so then I more or less purposefully did the same thing with drumsticks, cooking them really high to get a light char and crisp skin, then turning off one burner and putting them all on top of that, effectively baking them slowly. worked out great

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic