• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Road Bikes - Specialized, Cervelo, Trek, Felt and Giant

imschur

Time to sling my fat ass over a bike and get my body and mind in a better place.

Not looking for a race bike by any means. Looking at a bike with relaxed geometry. So far Im leaning towards these current models

Specialized Roubaix

Felt Z4/Z5

Cervelo R series

Trek Modone

on the low end the Giant Defy 1

Anyone familiar with these bikes? Any other recommendations? Relaxed geometry under $3000

They are all nice, but if you aren't racing, then the Giant will be enough bike. Small part upgrades once you find out what you don't like is cheaper than the 1k entry buy of the others, and it's unlikely you'll upgrade enough to reach that point. We have some real nice trail riding up here if you  want to dust off the mtn bike  :)

Well i had to euthanize another one of my cats today. 3rd in 5 months to go down with cancer. I took the day off to do the deed. Afterwards to get out of my funk I went bike shopping.

Ended up with a bike not on my list, funny how that works. Hit the credit card pretty hard but the 2012's are on sale because the 2013's are coming in.

I ended up with a Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 http://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes/road/performance-road/synapse-carbon/synapse-carbon-sm-5-105-compact-crankset

Mine looks almost like the one in the link. The paint is just slightly different but same colors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 10/5/2012 at 7:57 PM, imschur said:

Well i had to euthanize another one of my cats today. 3rd in 5 months to go down with cancer. I took the day off to do the deed. Afterwards to get out of my funk I went bike shopping.

Ended up with a bike not on my list, funny how that works. Hit the credit card pretty hard but the 2012's are on sale because the 2013's are coming in.

I ended up with a Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 http://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes/road/performance-road/synapse-carbon/synapse-carbon-sm-5-105-compact-crankset

Mine looks almost like the one in the link. The paint is just slightly different but same colors.

Yes, I realize this is a zombie post, I knew you guys had lots of bad habits, I'm still riding my old Cannondale R700, and an 06 Pinarello Prince that I built from the frame up, that frame hung on the wall of a local (only an hour away) LBS. My daughter has my old Cannondale R700 56 cm, and I converted the 53 cm into a flat bar road bike for my wife.. I built the Pinarello up as a flat bar with old Shiman 9 speed stuff which I had imagined would be cheaper, but in the end cost a krap load of cash...

I probably should have just gone with Campy, but I love the looks/function of  Shimano's 9 speed equipment, yeah, aesthetics gets expensive, and now I most just pedal around the neighborhood, been way too long since I've even been out on the black top, which is now nasty "chip and seal" garbage that eats your tires and causes lots of flats....

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, rosa299 said:

very good recommendations I was also wondering which one to choose, I do not have the money to allow me to choose the wrong one and if you allow me to recommend the seller, he will simply tell you the most expensive ...

You look like a troll, based on your reply.  Thanks for joining, though. Buh-Bye.