• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Howdy from the Lone Star State

tex45acp

Thank you Matt and Madhouse. I am a 54 year old, EHS Manager for a very large meat processing facility. Avid hunter and the .308 is my caliber of choice in a rifle. I have three....the Armalite AR10, KelTec RFB & a pre64 model 70 Winchester. I also hunt with handguns. My big game gun is a Ruger stainless Redhawk in .41magnum topped with a 2X Leupold handgun scope. I have a book Spotted Fallow on the wall behind me taken at 87 yards with that gun. Happily married for 30 years and the father of two fine sons and two spoiled grandchildren. I love to fish as much as hunt and living around an hour from the Texas Gulf Coast makes that waaaay to easy to just slip away for a few hours to tie up with some bull Redfishing. I have been a Texas CHL (Concelaed Handgun License) holder since it began in Texas some 15 years ago. I carry 100% of the time where legal and don't go anywhere it is not. I am a big Texan....6'6" and 310lbs.

Texans are always welcome here - your gun laws are almost as good as my Arizona laws.  ;D Glad to have you here.  <thumbsup>

You might be big, but I'd wrastle ya.  There are rules, though - you can't have a lasso...  :o

I've got 10 years on him, but he's got 8 inches in height, and 110 pounds - but I'm scrappy!  :o

I know tricks, though...  <laughs>

What I really like - he can process anything we take in the wild.  That's an asset right there, big time, especially in the long run.  It's the knowledge, not the tools. 

Disclaimer:  In reference to "anything we take in the wild" has NO direct correlation to anything Drew meets in a bar.  None.  <hump>

Dayyum!! They do grow'em bigger in TX!

Welcome to our den of addicts and enablers.

Make sure you set plenty of ground rules before rasslin' with 98... First time I saw him he was only wearing bowling shoes and a fishin hat, while covered head to toe in Mobile 5w40... Be cautious of his "pants down hugs".

Make sure you set plenty of ground rules before rasslin' with 98... First time I saw him he was only wearing bowling shoes and a fishin hat, while covered head to toe in Mobile 5w40... Be cautious of his "pants down hugs".

Pssssshhhh...  Exaggerration, on Robo's part.  I was REALLY wearing boxers, dress shoes, and it was a light coat of CLP...

...and he ENJOYED the Pants-Down Hug, too...  <laughs>