• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Going to the Range

seasprite

have fun man..it's been months for me.

Imschur you got to go brother nothing like dropping the stress of a hard weeks work like sending a few rounds down range  <thumbsup>.

You to edgecrusher all this talk about the current political problems that we have can drive a patriot insane nothing like bushing up on marksmanship skills and its fun too.

Well all my improvements to the rifle held up and nothing fell off or broke today, ran flawless. <thumbsup> Went and zeroed my scope and decided on a 25 yard battle field zero but having a second thought about it <dontknow> out at a 100 yards with the 168gr A-Max I held at the second dot above the horizontal plane of the cross hair and was on target which should be right on with my thinking for using the mil dots to go out to 800 yards with an 300 yard zero using the holdover method ( I may need to watch the airborne training again) I'm definitely seeing an improvement in accuracy with factory 175gr PPU loads and my 168gr reloads. The 168gr loads look to have a .33 to .40 MOA now from the .50 to .75 MOA that I was getting. The problem today was when I was shooting the .33" group I started getting all giddy like a school girl and pulled 2 shots of the 5 oh well I guess I'll just have to try again ;D. No pics today fellas maybe next time want to practice a little more with this new zero I'm trying first.

98z5v, You sure know how to give a guy range envy  <thumbsup>. Most of my shooting is from a bench and only 100 yards but I did find out one hour east of me there is an range that goes out to 600 yards so this week I'm going to see if I can find out some info on it. Found this but need find some contact info.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=t%20bucksnort%20gun%20club&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swampworks.com%2Foos%2FOsageOrange-Photo-Best%2520of%2520Bucksnort.html&ei=4IfpUIiRLYqa2AWZuIH4Dg&usg=AFQjCNGWM6yiTkMN171jywBkEh9Htunuhw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.b2I