• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 Charging Handle

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a great charging handle. I have several of them.

I also have a bunch of them & need another one for my 16" 308 .

I might have to buy one of the Raptors , just to see how it compares the the MechArmor charging handle , which works surprising well on all my AR's. TacOps-1 made my charging handle workable with the large scopes I have on them.

Yeah yeah yeah I know. Im gonna order one soon.  Are you sure your not getting a kickback from these guys....

No, he's just REALLY REALLY super impressed with it... It's kinda similar to how Rsquare feels about Armalite, and how Tom is about Geiselle, and how I am about sex. You get the idea....  <laughs>

No, he's just REALLY REALLY super impressed with it... It's kinda similar to how Rsquare feels about Armalite, and how Tom is about Geiselle, and how I am about sex. You get the idea....  <laughs>

wait, but rob has tac ops, rsquared has armalites, and tom has geiselles.....

I have a black rain charging handle for my AR308 but it refuses to latch properly when I charge the weapon I have to manulaly open it and latch it , stock latch works perfect what might be the problem??

Did you just replace the latch on the charging handle or the whole charging handle from BRO. ?

If new & not working properly , I would send it back . If that is not what you want to do , it could be too much spring tension on the latch & not letting the charging handle  go far enough to engage the catch in the upper for the latch.  Inspect for burr's on the latches face , if any or if it looks rough , you can polish the latch that leads up to the hook part on the latch.

Check to make sure latch in charging handle has complete freedom of movement in the charging handle . I have seen some tight ones because of fitment or coatings on metal parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wish someone would make a true Left handed charging handle for the LR308 like they do for the AR15's.

Wolf

I shoot lefty and the Tacops works perfect for me. besides if you go shooting with your buds that are righties no one will have to operate the rife in an awkward way with it being ambi.