• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Josh in Arizona

392heminut

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 70 charger with a 383, 4 speed pistol grip + posi rear got around 8mpg. The only car i've ever had get worse was my 68 corvette, 7 in the city, 7.5 highway :D high torque 350 in that, with 4.11 posi rear (really rare to find a posi at all in a corvette rear given the independent suspension). Of course the charger I owned back around $1 a gallon gas, and the corvette around $2 a gallon...

You have a posi and not limited slip differetial... what gears ?

I think the only day Larry can make it, with Josh, is on Wednesday.  Dirk is driving over from SD for a Wednesday shoot.  That's what I've got planned - working Thurs~Sun back in Phx.  <thumbsup>

We have to do something next weekend.

Wednesday am shoot ok.

Need address and directions to the range.

You have a posi and not limited slip differetial... what gears ?

had :( ended up selling it. Was a standard muncie M20, with a 4.11 rear which I had also never seen in a corvette before, the 3.83 was usually about the highest numeric in them. Engine was turning almost 3900 rpm at 70, and with open sidepipes it was loud as crap then. Never got the car over 110 or so. The engine was around 360hp 380ftlb torque, and all manual with no added options so around 2800 lbs. It would hit that 70mph pretty darn fast :D

Gun list:

AR45

Rem 700 AAC SD

Ruger GSR

Moss MVP

.308AR (gotta go, on this trip, I'm just sayin'...)

5.56 rifle, 14.5", with the S3G trigger - fastest gun I've got, and I'm bringing the shot timer...

Springfield .45s for pistols.  Dos.

Gun list:

AR45

Rem 700 AAC SD

Ruger GSR

Moss MVP

.308AR (gotta go, on this trip, I'm just sayin'...)

5.56 rifle, 14.5", with the S3G trigger - fastest gun I've got, and I'm bringing the shot timer...

Springfield .45s for pistols.  Dos.

Nice, you still have that pic on your cell? I still have those videos up! and I believe you had a .10….. 

Benchmark set!

Tom is correct, Wednesday is the only day we can do it. My friggin internet is down, those douchebags from Century Link decided to rework the main line out in the alley and left me with no service all weekend. I'm operating with my cellphone as a hotspot right now and it's spotty. You guys figure out what time you want to meet at the range Wed. and Josh and I will be there. If I can't get back on here before I leave out Monday morning I'll call Tom for the info. I'm bringing my LR308 and Josh's AR-15 and maybe his Benelli M-4 (I have LOTS of 00 Buck!) and I'll have my little Colt .45 carry gun. I may throw my STI competition gun in too. As I said, I have to leave all this stuff at my daughter's on my way to 29 Palms because I can't go on base with all that stuff! She has two kids and no gun vault to secure the guns in so I can't pack too much.

I'm bringing my LR308 and Josh's AR-15 and maybe his Benelli M-4 (I have LOTS of 00 Buck!) and I'll have my little Colt .45 carry gun. I may throw my STI competition gun in too. As I said, I have to leave all this stuff at my daughter's on my way to 29 Palms because I can't go on base with all that stuff! 

Heck, can you go on California with all that stuff?

Jon

Gun list :

Katy , Katrina , Kate , Vera , June , Leda , Mona ,

5 , 18 , 24 , 9mm ar , Kahr cw9 , xd40 x2 , Witness Pcarry 10mm.

Maybe some one will let me use some carrier weights to diagnose a problem with a 6.8spcII rifle ?

I will bring lots of 223 ammo ,mags already loaded. 9mm colt mags loaded. Will bring targets too.

Had my wife text Josh this morning to see if he needed me to bring any of his civvies with me since he will be at his sister's for 5 days before getting home. He texted back "Swimming trunks and my weapons!" <lmao>  I'm bringing his Benelli, his AR-15 and his Kimber .45 (that he appropriated from me!) but not his STI. I tore it down and stripped the slide down to get it engraved with his name, Semper Fi, and the Eagle Globe & Anchor, but haven't sent it off to get it done yet. Thinking whether I should bring his Stoeger Coach Gun. That thing kicks like a mule!

Ok...best/easiest way to get to the range:

Take I-8 west and exit on Trekell Road, and head south.  Keep heading south to Arica Rd. and turn left/east...this will dump you right at the intersection of Arica and Isom.  You will see the Trap & Skeet club at this intersection.

Turn right/southeast on Isom and follow it maybe 1/3 of a mile, the FREE rifle range will be on your left!

One bay is fenced and clearly marked for police/law enforcement only.  The four bays past the LE bay share a common parking lot.

Whoever gets there first, try and get the second bay as it has the longest range on it!

I should be able to get there about 8:30...or so, depending on traffic from Tucson.

Jon

99% of my posting is with the phone. I'm pretty pumped to get out there with you guys too. Got the truck mostly loaded tonight. I'll throw the guns in tomorrow morning and I'm on my way as fast as I can get outta work.

If anyone has a small box of .22lr they could spare it would be appreciated. We don't need much...but I have a plan...and a small prize already lined up. I think I only have 40-50 rounds. Might be enough...but I doubt it.