• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Josh in Arizona

392heminut

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright ladies. It's one week out. Those of you who have a little farther to travel still have time to figure it out. So what's the count? Who all is in? And what is this range like....what all should I be bringing with me?

Need a rifle list, too, so I know what to bring.  I have an idea of some of them, but if there are any particular rifles that someone wants to fondle, lemme know.  I'll pack 'em.  <thumbsup>

Alright, you said trap and skeet club. Are we bringing the shotguns?

NOT the trap and skeet club.

DOWN THE STREET from the trap and skeet club.

The reference to the T&S is for the reason that the T&S has signs, and is marked clearly.

The rifle/pistol range is unique.  Look at that map back in the beginning...you will see the T&S Club marked.  Down and to the right (to the southeast), scroll along that dirt road and you will see the unmistakable fingerprint of a shooting range.

Even though it is unmonitored, this range has concrete benches and ramadas.

Jon

Alright ladies. It's one week out. Those of you who have a little farther to travel still have time to figure it out. So what's the count? Who all is in? And what is this range like....what all should I be bringing with me?

I'm trying to get off from work.  If we go on a Thursday or Friday, I'm in for sure as those are my normal days off!  I'm bringing a lot of water and my .308LR.  The charger would cost a small fortune to drive to Casa Grande; so I will bringing it to lunch if we pick somewhere in the east valley (San Tan brewery is good food and beer, and Cogburns has good food and is a little on the dirty biker bar side of things if that's more like our crowd.  I'm open to anything, just a couple suggestions.).

Summary:

581396_10151384975249426_1733930578_n.jp

423623_10150620691724426_591182723_n.jpg

and for food:

Santan:

320812_10150287440094542_1254666408_n.jp

or Cogburns:

379955_651487794867986_787396665_n.jpg

The charger would cost a small fortune to drive to Casa Grande;

my 70 charger with a 383, 4 speed pistol grip + posi rear got around 8mpg. The only car i've ever had get worse was my 68 corvette, 7 in the city, 7.5 highway :D high torque 350 in that, with 4.11 posi rear (really rare to find a posi at all in a corvette rear given the independent suspension). Of course the charger I owned back around $1 a gallon gas, and the corvette around $2 a gallon...

I think the only day Larry can make it, with Josh, is on Wednesday.  Dirk is driving over from SD for a Wednesday shoot.  That's what I've got planned - working Thurs~Sun back in Phx.  <thumbsup>

I'm on my way out right after work Tuesday night. Should get out there and stay the night. I plan to stay Wednesday night out there and drive home Thursday morning. I have an appointment I have to be at here in SD at 3:30 on Thursday. I plan to bring the 308AR of course...that would be silly to leave at home. Bringing the FN SPR and my dinky little HK USP compact in 9mm. I mean, somebody has to bring the girly pistol. And because we are going to the trap and skeet club, I will have to bring the Super Black Eagle II with me...just in case.

In my defense...I bought it for me wife....really.

Edited by DNP