• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Found some ammo yesterday...

Magwa

Is that the XM80C that LC is putting out in the all white Federal boxes? If so, I'd say go for it. 85 cents a round isn't bad these days. It could be better, but it also could be worse. I mean, even before the numnuts in December, LC was going for somewhere around 60 to 65 cents a round (if I remember correctly).

In this neck of the woods there's lots of guys selling ammo at below-LGS prices, and rifles/shotguns/pistols "never shot" or "only shot 10 rounds" at reasonable prices. Maybe thought they had a gold mine, and now they need the cash. Keeping an eye open for .308 and other goodies. Just scored a good deal on .22 the other day. The end [of hoarding] is near!

I bought M80 here in MA last month for $42.99 for 50 count box. It went up to $46 for 50 shortly thereafter. I love the stuff and found it to be fairly accurate (with irons only...no scope yet). I can't find even 100 rds of it locally now. Bulk in practically non existent. I have to save up for another toy right now though.

Since I've switched to 308, I've been buying from Seneca Armory. The sell direct so I can negotiate my prices. They would give me a steal deal on a box of 500. My average with them is $.82 a round so far. You just need to email them to get a good price.

I mostly prefer to buy 7.62x51mm (not .308s) and they have been so far proven to be the best and the cheapest for me. A couple of range friends who also shoot G3/H&Ks told me their ammo is sort of 'built for 7.62x51s'. 

soooooo.....I'm guessing you are fond of Seneca ammo? I could be wrong.

Not really. SenecaArmory are the best for plinking ammo, real accurate and stuff.

For my deer hunt I use my .308 rifle with any 168 grain ammo.

Difference is for plinking, range days, honing my marksmanship, I use cheap ammo from SenecaArmory ($.75 - $.85 range) which is sort of affordable. I don't smoke much, I don't drink so this is my only indulgence where my wife lets me spend my money. Ha.

For my deer/elk hunting, I buy 2 or 3 boxes max. for $1.50 per and shoot some at the range to get a right feel. Then I go and get some most organic meat home cut by myself and stored in my deep freezer in the basement. 

Besides my love for 308, one of the things I'm learning from you guys here is bits and pieces of reloading so I could reload my expensive stuff. I still don't mind shooting cheap Berdan primed rounds but for $1.50 stuff, I wanna bring cases home and reload.

The difference is the Lake City brass Toasted, especially for reloading .308 match rounds

I agree bro. I found LC brass to be very good. So is Seneca Armory brass. Both are thick, concentric, and 7.62x51 like. I don;t reload yet but am learning the tricks of the trade. 

I could not find primers for a long time but some expensive stuff is finally showing up in the gun shows.

What I've experienced is reloading 308/7.62 Nato works better for some rifles but not for PTRs/G3s etc. It depends if the gas is involved or if its a pure mechanical play like in G3s.

Experts here would agree with me that you won't want to reload your brass if you have shot from a PTR. PTR is best 308 platform in my opinion though.

Edited by Toasted308

Also I won't pay $.84/Round anymore for 308 or 7.62 ammo. The fair market value now a days seem to be $.79 a round. If you could get a direct deal with a factory, even better:....

www.SenecaArmory.com -  Last I paid $.69/Round for 1,000 rounds for my PTR in a promotion expiring in a week,

www.AmmoSeek.com - Last I paid for a LC ammo was $.76/Round for a box of 250

www.CheaperThanDiret.com - Only bought 9mm from them, paid $.29/Round for 115gr RN